Skeleton Mages and mercenaries

Nanook

Nov 5, 2019
Hello, I hope there are a few souls left trapped here :)

I recently made a scythe-wielding necromancer who is supported by skeleton mages. I couldn't find a definite answer to this anywhere, so here goes: are the mages affected by the Blessed Aim aura from the Act 2 merc and alternatively, are they affected by Inner Sight from the Act 1 merc?

I'm playing on SP, without <snip>, if it matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Attack Rating and Defense are used in to-hit calculations for physical attacks. Your mages only lob elemental damage. So, no. Or to be more thorough, the mages would get the effect of the Blessed Aim aura and you'd be able to see it on them, but it wouldn't do anything for them. And Inner Sight affects enemies. It lowers enemy Defense. And your mages don't care about that.

Also, if you're going to take a thematic Mage-based necro into Hell, get ready to use the Revive skill a lot. You can still have fun with your mages, and if your gear is decent, your scythe-wielding necro can even chip in. But Revive will give you the tanks you need to keep monsters occupied.

Thanks, I'll probably get bored by level 35 like I do with other characters and make a new one, so I'm not worried about Hell.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High