Running Nihilithak... What precautions?

Jossos

Oct 24, 2012
So I'd like to eventually run Nihilithak with my hammerdin. I already decided a Nature's peace (for the monsters rip mod) is necessary, but the tomb vipers also scare me. Can anyone enlighten me on what kind of dr is needed to be safe? I know their clouds do small physical damage over 25 frames a second, so I figured a sol'd shako and sol'd hoz would suffice.

Would this be ok? or do i need more dr?

If you don't mind a slightly time-consuming start to the runs you could don a Treachery and stand in the flames at the RoF waypoint for some extra damage reduction but that is not the best addition. Ideally you need a lot of items with +dmg red, as opposed to %, but if you can get both on any piece of gear then you are winning, but + first! I'm assuming you have Enigma so you can't swap out for a 4-Sol armour...

There is an excellent guide buried somewhere in these forums where someone has very kindly put forward all the calculations to (more or less) nullify the snakes cloud damage. The search criteria will be either Nilly running or Damage Reduction Calculations but I have a sneaky suspicion the damage reduction guide is regarding a Barb.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High