Rune Transmutting V1.13

captdeadrightaway

Dec 22, 2008
Rune Transmutting V1.13

I have been looking around for clarification on:
Non-Ladder 1.13 - cannot transmute the higher end runes for upgrading anymore because of the increased drop rate?
Ladder 1.13 - you can still transmute any runes the same way as you did with version 1.12?
Thanks

Re: Rune Transmutting V1.13

Transmuting high end runes still works just fine and with the same recipes. They weren't even mentioned in the patch notes so why did you need clarification?

Thanks for reply - for the weird thing is that, unable for some reason to transmute runes (DOL+CE) = HEL or anything beyond that for upgrading. We taught that was strange and might have something to do with the 1.13 upgrade. Do to your response, obviously not. Will reevaluate and reassess circumstance to try and resolve.

You know you need three of them, right? Dol + chipped emerald does nothing, dol + dol + dol + chipped emerald = hel.

3 El Runes -> 1 Eld Rune
3 Eld Runes -> 1 Tir Rune
3 Tir Runes -> 1 Nef Rune
3 Nef Runes -> 1 Eth Rune
3 Eth Runes -> 1 Ith Rune
3 Ith Runes -> 1 Tal Rune
3 Tal Runes -> 1 Ral Rune
3 Ral Runes -> 1 Ort Rune
3 Ort Runes -> 1 Thul Rune

1.10 or later

3 Thul Runes + 1 Chipped Topaz = Amn Rune
3 Amn Runes + 1 Chipped Amethyst = Sol Rune
3 Sol Runes + 1 Chipped Sapphire = Shael Rune
3 Shael Runes + 1 Chipped Ruby = Dol Rune

1.10 or later for ladder, open, sp, tcp/ip only (will not work on realm non-ladder games)

3 Dol Runes + 1 Chipped Emerald = Hel Rune
3 Hel Runes + 1 Chipped Diamond = Io Rune
3 Io Runes + 1 Flawed Topaz = Lum Rune
3 Lum Runes + 1 Flawed Amethyst = Ko Rune
3 Ko Runes + 1 Flawed Sapphire = Fal Rune
3 Fal Runes + 1 Flawed Ruby = Lem Rune
3 Lem Runes + 1 Flawed Emerald = Pul Rune
2 Pul Runes + 1 Flawed Diamond = Um Rune
2 Um Runes + 1 Topaz = Mal Rune
2 Mal Runes + 1 Amethyst = Ist Rune
2 Ist Runes + 1 Sapphire = Gul Rune
2 Gul Runes + 1 Ruby = Vex Rune
2 Vex Runes + 1 Emerald = Ohm Rune
2 Ohm Runes + 1 Diamond = Lo Rune
2 Lo Runes + 1 Flawless Topaz = Sur Rune
2 Sur Runes + 1 Flawless Amethyst = Ber Rune
2 Ber Runes + 1 Flawless Sapphire = Jah Rune
2 Jah Runes + 1 Flawless Ruby = Cham Rune
2 Cham Runes + 1 Flawless Emerald = Zod Rune

come again? you mean realm non-ladder games?
oops, fixed

Last edited:

Thanks for reply - for the weird thing is that, unable for some reason to transmute runes (DOL+CE) = HEL or anything beyond that for upgrading. We taught that was strange and might have something to do with the 1.13 upgrade. Do to your response, obviously not. Will reevaluate and reassess circumstance to try and resolve.
Also, note that any 1.12 ladder characters were converted to non-ladder when 1.13 (and the new season) started. Are you using a character from before the patch?

I think the OP was under the impression that one could upgrade higher runes on non-ladder before 1.13. But that wasn't the case and it is now the same as before

Also, note that any 1.12 ladder characters were converted to non-ladder when 1.13 (and the new season) started. Are you using a character from before the patch?
Yes - there are 4 of us playing here at the old folks home to keep out brain matter active. 2 stayed in non-ladder and I, one of the other 2 patched over to ladder. We have not gotten any higher runes yet for transmute to test it and the other players were complaining that they are unable to transmute the higher runes. After reading attachments and such, and being the group adviser (this group is really Diablo for Dummies) the answer is: Playing Ladder 1.12 all was fine - when you patched up to v 1.13 you became a non-ladder player in v1.13 and in order to transmute those higher runes you need to start a new character all over again, select Ladder and you will then again have access to all rune formula transmuting, runewords etc. and you cannot go back to v1.12 now. ( I think I'm getting it right)? Any more knowledge you people can provide to us to help in the flow of play would be helpful to our general knowledge. Also the players with the runes in non-ladder are unable to transfer or mule them to a ladder player, right? thanks

Last edited:

the old chars are 1.13 now, but non ladder

you can go back to 1.12, but only for for sp, and tcp/ip

all bnet realm games are 1.13 (open, ladder, nl)

ladder chars cannot join nl games and vice versa
same with open, classic, and across different realms

You know you need three of them, right? Dol + chipped emerald does nothing, dol + dol + dol + chipped emerald = hel.

I have tried to transmute dol+dol+dol+ emerald, it didn't work. Then hel+hel+hel+ diamond and that didnt work either. WTF?!
I have a ladder char and this was v 1.13. I have never had any problem transmuting theese runes before

To upgrade 3 Dol, you need a *chipped* emerald, it won't work with other emeralds. It's the same with Hel runes and chipped diamonds.

Upping runes beyond Dol never worked in nonladder BTW, i.e. since 1.10. Before that, you couldn't transmute runes beyond Thul at all.

Im having the same problem. created a character after said patch with dol x3 plus chipped em.... I have been scouring the internet to find out why? Sad... another character and no muling over stuff.... I got such great stuff too... :( no bueno.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High