Questions about Zbug/Wizzy

Tangerinedream

Aug 1, 2008
Questions about Zbug/Wizzy

I just started up and I have some quesitons concerning these terms I keep seeing.

1. What are these referring too exactly? I asked a person to show, and one said "this aint no ****ing show and tell." So I am at a loss as to what it is. One person did show but after a few seconds, while I was reading, he took it down.

2. How do you get these outside of trading?

3. How are these better than certain uniquest?

Just a novice here trying to learn.

Tang

Re: Questions about Zbug/Wizzy

I think Zbugged items are those that were once socketed with a Zod rune, then unsocketed, then socketed with a runeword. This doesn't work anymore, but I guess there's still some floating around on Non-Ladder?

The only Wizzy thing I know about is the gloves with Wizardspike stats on them.

Obviously both bugged items become really powerful and sought after by power gamers.

1. What are these referring too exactly? I asked a person to show, and one said "this aint no ****ing show and tell." So I am at a loss as to what it is. One person did show but after a few seconds, while I was reading, he took it down.
the Zod Bug existed for a shirt time after the 1.10 patch. basically, one could Zod an eth item, then hel+tp scroll out the Zod rune but KEEP the indestructable mod (and the open socky).

the most common example are eth, indestructable AP fortitude and CoH armors. z-bug Fury Balrog Blades also exist on West NL (but there are very few of these).

there are also z-bug eth Shaftstop armours which are prized by MLD zealots.

wizzy's are a different bucket of spew. somehow the stats of a Wizardspike Bone Knife (75%res, 50%fcr and all) got grafted onto a pair of Light Gauntlets and also onto some leather Armour. afaik: these are peculiar to West NL (eg: they don't exist on any other realm). these bugged gloves & armours were then duped unto oblivion. the chances of getting one of the very few "perm" examples of these are on the way far side of remote. i'd avoid them altogether if i was you.

2. How do you get these outside of trading?
you can't. they are historical oddities and old-patch items (like an 08 valk).
again: i'd avoid them like the plague.

3. How are these better than certain uniquest?
think about that for a second.

the stats of a wizknife, on a pair of GLOVES? show me a caster 'toon that wouldn't "prefer" these over a pair of magefists or trangs.

There seem to be a multitude of bugged *** items on NL. Siggards stealth comes to mind, as far as I can see its a blend between Razortail, arachnid, and something else :x. Ends up with huge damage reduce, +1 to skills, high attributes..

I have also seen a screenie of a bugged SoJ or something similar, with +2 to skills I think. No idea if that is real..

I never did understand myself how items were generated in such a queer way that we got white rings, hex charms, and the like.

And while they were still prevalent I can remember so many home-baked theories on the birth of occy rings.

white rings, hex charms, and the like.

IIRC I read somewhere in these forums that these items came from open B-net, so these were most likely made in an editor of some sort. Something about an old exploit where your were able to cross transfer items. Since .09 it has been fixed.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High