Question on Deadly Strike & Critical Strike Amazon/Ranged Specific.

Yori96

Nov 28, 2020
Good evening!

I'm having a blast with my new zon that I've been streaming, I've been playing around with a lot of different setups and until I get Faith, I'm super enjoying WW over Up'd Goldstrike & the insight Ward Bow I had created. I'm hitting the 8FPA that is achieveable prior to Fana aura and am really enjoying it.

I did learn that P5 is the best overall for pure drops, so that's what I'm playing on now and having no issues. Didn't even realize I was doing it wrong... Thought P3 was the best for drops.

Anyways.... I'm sure most people already knew that.... My question is this....

I know DS and CS are both rolled seperately, but I'm level 90 now with my zon and WW gives me 90% chance of DS, so is there reason to use critical strike or could I use those points elsewhere like my Valk? Originally I had put points there to hit 60% crit chance, just trying to edge out damage.

Currently my setup is as follows :

Up'd WW w/ IAS + Nef (love the nockback)
Andys Helm
Atmas (I was using cats eye but I find the extra chance for hitting amp is just far superior)
Treach (I will switch this to Peace or something once I get Nosferatu's Coil, I just need the 105 BP right now, but I may not switch either, I like the knockback from Nef)
Laying Of Hands
Raven Frost
Mana Leech Random Ring
Razortail
Wartravs (not sure if other boots maybe better?)

I'm also slightly confused why Atmas Amulet and Cats eye give me the same AR (Cats eye slightly more) when Atmas gives me a 20% bonus but is what it is.

Yeah so I guess what I'm thinking is if it's 90% chance of already critical striking, I can use those points I wasted elsewhere. I don't really care about the second roll until I switch bows again.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for.

Reactions: SirName
Critical Strike and Deadly Strike both effect the chance of doing double damage. So having both isn't a bad thing. You are correct that they don't stack since they are differnt mod.

Critical strike is checked first and deadly strike is ignored. If Critical Strike is not applied, deadly strike is then checked and critical is ignored. The net chance to score double damage isn’t therefore critical strike + deadly strike e.g., 66% DS + 22% CS = 88% is wrong! From the Amazon Basin It is done this way:

=CS + (DS/100)*(100-CS)

so for you the chance to do double damage is:

= 60 + (90/100)*(100-60)

= 60 + (.90)*(40)

= 60 + 36

= 96% chance of doing double damage.

Now the question you need to answer is the points you dumped into CS worth the extra 6% chance of doing double damage.

Oh absolutely I understand, however I'm 91 on my bowazon, almost 92, and using WW, it has 91% DS, so regardless of CS, I have 91% chance of double damage, it's not worth investing the extra points IMO when strafe hits so often.

I just got a token of absolution, respected and max'd valk for more tank, it's working wonders. Especially with the harmony pre-buff, I have zero complaints with this setup now, just need a +3 GMB to bump it up to the next level.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High