Question about ilvls in NM

WarriorPoet

Jun 24, 2003
Question about ilvls in NM

Greetings all. I know that in Hell, both the Mausoleum and the Pit in Act 1 are great placed to mf because of their high ilvls. My question is, do the same places in NM have the same higher ilvl than the rest of NM (I know that they have nowhere near the ilvl of the same spots in Hell)?

In other words. If I'm trying to mf in NM, should I try running these areas or just press onward until I reach NM Meph and not put much time into them? I'm questing Act1 NM at the moment with a pure Javazon (lvl 50...spent a lot of time doing normal Baal runs ;) ).

Sorry if this question's been asked recently and I've missed the answer. Thanks...

Im starting to believe that Diablo is the easiest and best nm mf. It takes less time and for the right character has little risk. Last night he droped the unique sharktooth armor and hellmouth gloves, not bad in two runs. They are quicker then meph unless you are a tele sorce.

Your best bet for NM mfing is Griswold, found in tristram. For some odd reason he can drop from a hell TC. This is a higher TC than NM baal, diablo or any other NM monster AFAIK. He can drop from armor60 and weapon60, and the highest rune he can drop is Vex. He actually drops from the same TC in hell, so there is most likely a bug here.

His monster level is low, which prevents him from dropping EVERY single item from those TCs - but I believe he can drop every set item in those TCs without a problem. He starts dropping uniques more consistently at weapon36 and at armor39 making baal a better choice for getting high NM uniques in the range of TC51.

Try the Shenk/Eld/Pindle runs

I have benn doing these runs and found some pretty good stuff. Best has been Tal's Lidless Eye, and you get three SU for the price of one.

Chiller_babe said:
Thats what zerk is for;)

Warcry, Zerk,Zerk rinse and repeat will mow through the CS like a fox through a henhouse:)

Chill

A-men Chill! I always keep Zerk on right click for the CS. Still doesn't keep me from soiling myself if I click the wrong button at the wrong time! :D

Thanks Shadow, I'll try Gris runs.

Thanks TH for the input as well!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High