Question about ik zerker

zxgaimz_i

Dec 16, 2003
Question about ik zerker

Hi i have 1 fast Q....

what 2 put in ik maul? have set.. exept 4 armour.. and making a high lvl zerk dueler....

do i put 2x eth og 2xshael or 1 of each??
haven't really understood the thing about speed breakpoints.. :)..

help would be APPRECIATED

-zxgaimz

zxgaimz_i said:
Hi i have 1 fast Q....

what 2 put in ik maul? have set.. exept 4 armour.. and making a high lvl zerk dueler....

do i put 2x eth og 2xshael or 1 of each??
haven't really understood the thing about speed breakpoints.. :)..

help would be APPRECIATED

-zxgaimz

Since this is hardcore I assume, I always pictured putting 2 hel runes (or equivalent/better jewels) in the maul. The strength requirement of 220 always seemed too steep for HC, imo. I'd rather spend 60 more points in vitality than worry about extra IAS, etc.

If I were you I would find a breakpoint chart for that item and find out if you can hit the next speed breakpoint for zerk. Remember in HC dueling damage is king. If you can kill someone in one or two hits then you want to be swinging as fast as you can. In the end it shouldnt be very hard for you to get the str for the maul without using a hel in it.

I would personally go with a shael or ias/ed jewel if it effects your breakpoint otherwise go with a plain ed or max jewel.

kurg said:
Since this is hardcore I assume, I always pictured putting 2 hel runes (or equivalent/better jewels) in the maul. The strength requirement of 220 always seemed too steep for HC, imo. I'd rather spend 60 more points in vitality than worry about extra IAS, etc.

Actually with the full IK set the str req isnt that bad at all. i had an IK barb who had 4.5 life at 89 and the only str help i got was from gloves / mahim amulet and a rare ring. I socketed my gear as such : Helm 2 topazs armor 40% ed jewel maul shael and mal runes. My main skill was concentrate but i imagine the BPs are the same for both. With the mauls inherate IAS and the ias you get from set pieces and shael you reach the highest attainable BP , unless i read the chart wrong

Tnx 4 hlp :D

Gr8 tnx

think i'll sock with 1 shael + 1 eth.... the rest of the equip gives

20%ias (gloves)
25+20 str (gloves + belt)
20 dex (gloves)

so thats -45 str.. guess i have some charms somewhere =]..
with +25% 2 hit from the eth and breakpoint reaching @ the + shael...

Then 4 the dmg.. I have... around 2x lc 175 poison, 3x sc 102poison and a few 50sc's somewhere... + ik maul gives quite a bit xtra fire,cold,poison,light dmg ..

aslong as he does more dmg than my lvl 31 charger i guess i'll survive..

tnx 4 replies :)

-zxgaimz

I personally wouldnt ETh the maul, since that bug was patched it really wont help much and your AR will be plenty high enough, id go with a nice ed or ed/max jewel. Also id avoid ele dmg if i were you id look for + 3 or +6 charms or of the like that add to max dmg , since your leach is based on phys dmg you do not ele and a 3 max sc will add more dmg than a 50 pdsc

First of all, I wouldn't build a dueler around IK set. There are much better alternatives, the biggest and most obvious being a weapon that doesn't take up both hands... I don't see you surviving very long without a Stormshield in one hand. IK Gloves are ok to use, but the boots pale in comparison to War Travs, and the belt is just crap if you ask me. You need either Verdungo's or String to get to 50% DR. Overall, this just looks like a bad idea to me.

Secondly, the partial set bonus on the gloves is 25%ias, not 25. :p

Thirdly, stacking poison charms, aside from being bad-mannered, is pretty pointless for a Zerk dueler. The elemental damage on the Maul won't help you out much either because of resists and the PvP penalty. It's all about getting as much +max dmg and %ed as possible, along with having an arseload of life and insane speed. Just like we told you in your FotH Pally thread... maybe you should hit the Barb forum before planning out a high-lvl Zerk build.

:)

tnx again for replies.

thx 4 brining up my FoH pala ^^.

Not planning on taking many ears just planning for him 2 be a sort of 4 fun pvping char... + 4 the DR... i'll have a shaft on... and have a few +max dmg charms somewhere :)..
He's going 2 be a sort of xtra pvper.. so if some lamer gets higher lvl char 2 duel my pala i can get my zerker just 2 be able 2 put up a fight :)..

but if u all think its such a bad idea... remember its my acc it'll affect :)..

Tnx 4 feedback again.

-zxgaimz

aside from being bad-mannered

''aside from being bad-mannered''

plz xplain phat... why should stacking poison charms be bad mannered?

-zxgaimz

zxgaimz_i said:
dmg is dmg?

-zxgaimz
Agreed, screw being polite. poison damage charms are found all over the game not like they're ITh or some other player made/bugged items. I say no blunted or edged weapons as they're cheap damage as well.

Poison is not affected by the PvP penalty... pretty lame if you ask me. Also, it's not hard for someone to look at their life bulb, notice that it's green and steadily going down, and drink a purple. You need to be 1- or 2-hit KOing someone quickly before they realize what's going on, not sitting around waiting for your poison damage to kick in.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High