Patriarch NotSwearWolf – Fire Claw / Armageddon Wolf (D2R)

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
“We don’t smell our own crotches; we smell each other’s crotches. And it’s a form of greeting.”

Patriarch NotSwearWolf – Fire Claw / Armageddon Wolf

Level: 88

St – 156 (208)
Dx – 40 (111)
Vt – 314 (339)
En – 20 (45)

HP: 1027 (2147 in wolf form)
Mana: 370

Resists:

Fire: 90 [with Resist Fire Aura]
Cold: 75
Ltning: 80
Poison: 75

Skills:

Fire Claw: 20 (36)
Armageddon: 20 (36)
Firestorm: 20 (33)
Molten Boulder: 20 (33)
Volcano: 13 (26)
Werewolf: 1 (16 on switch)
Lycanthropy: 1 (16 on switch)

Prerequisites

Fissure, Feral Rage, Werebear & Maul: 1

Damage:

Fire Claw: 13K – 16K (After Might)
Armageddon: 8001 – 8930
Feral Rage: 1725 – 5175 (After Might)

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

“Death” Eth Berserker Axe
“Phoenix” Monarch shield [+10 Redemption Aura, +381%ED, +367 vs missile]

Weapon 2:

“HotO” Flail
“Spirit” Monarch shield

“Flame” Superior Antlers [+3 Armageddon, +2 Fire Claws, +6 Fire Resist Aura, -11 Fire Resist]
“CoH” Dusk Shroud
Magefist
Shadow Dancer
Arachnid Mesh
Mara’s Kaleidoscope
BKWB & Raven Frost
Fire Sunder and DTorch

Merc (Act 2 – Might)

Rockstopper
Shaftstop
Eth Reaper’s Toll

Random musings:

Now this was a funny build. I was debating whether to go down the pure fire build with a very fast multi-Shaeled weapon and a conviction merc or the hybrid model with a nasty weapon and a Might merc. I had the runes for Infinity, but that would have made a serious dint in my remaining runes after the Phoenix and Flame runewords. I chickened out and went the hybrid route and I’m still debating whether it was the right move!

I had an Act 1 Insight merc all the way through to the beginning of Hell difficulty and that worked well. The use of Feral Rage to soup up my wolf worked like a charm during this period and the 10th level Redemption kept me fully tanked with Hp and Mana (I didn’t really need the Insight and probably should have changed to something else).

Things changed in Hell difficulty and I’m not really sure why. I had changed to the Act 3 Might merc and I had the sunder charm equipped so there were no Fire Immunes to deal with but all of a sudden, I found myself swarmed. Armageddon certainly helped and the merc kinda sorta pulled his weight, but the hits were coming too thick and fast to get much done. I saw that I had no faster hit recovery, so I swapped out my Gore Riders for Shadow Dancers added a Balance charm and got the hit recovery to 4 frames but that didn’t help as much as I had hoped.

Hell also brought to fore the difficulty of keeping the Feral Rage up, as my wolf began to miss far more frequently in crowds, and the bottom-end Redemption wasn’t quite keeping pace with the incoming damage. Guess that’s another stroke against vita builds when compared to max block ones. And guess who forgot about the repair costs for runewords in superior items? I went through a lot of Rals!

I really cannot complain about the build; I got into Hell Act 5 on a minimum of /players5 without a death. I got bored sometime after Pindle, dropped it down to /players1 and rushed for the finish line. And, of course, I died twice, once to the whirlwind Ancient and another to a shipload to Golams in the Worldstone Keep. Such is life. The build itself was fantastic really but I kept second-guessing myself, thinking that the hybrid route was a bad idea, and the pure fire route would have been better. In the end, those thoughts just got in the way so much I couldn’t actually enjoy the build I was playing.

So that’s it. Number 100 mat/pat played in single player, although I have another two on Bnet but I don’t count those. I wonder how many more I have in me.

Screenshot102.png

Last edited:
Congratulatioins on the Patriarch.

Am I missing some IAS on gear, as I don't see any IAS as far as I can see? I'm curious as we have a lack of wolves & bears in the forum since they "improved" it.

1688024268323.png

Reactions: TheNix
Am I missing some IAS on gear, as I don't see any IAS as far as I can see? I'm curious as we have a lack of wolves & bears in the forum since they "improved"
Aaaaand that's what the problem was! For the hybrid I was going to use Laying of Hands and put the spare point into Werewolf. That's why my brain was constantly yelling at me!!!

• Haha
Reactions: maxicek
Nice Pat!

I have been thinking about questing a Fire Claws Druid for a while now... It's on the to-do list for someday!

Nice build!

You were using a zerker axe, so you had an 11 fpa attack. 20 ias would bring it to a 10 fpa attack. 9fpa if you got werewolf to level 31 :) I dont think that would have changed too much in terms of the feelings of being swarmed, but the extra damage/leach would be nice against demons.

Congrats on #100 @TheNix quite an achievement, and hitting the century mark with a stylish creation, no less. Hope to see another one soon!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High