One Final D2 Hurrah

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Jun 22, 2003
So I decided to take one last spin with D2 while I'm waiting for the release of D3. Actually really glad I decided to do that. It has been a LONG time since I've played anything hardcore. I didn't play Torchlight HC (just wasn't the same), didn't play New Vegas HC (played a ton SC), and I didn't even play the D3 beta HC. Playing through D2 solo untwinked has gotten me back into my HC mindset.

My level 25 Double-swing Barb is just about to take on Council in Act III. Sporting Isenhart's Broadsword & Steel Broadsword, and Angelic ring, a Stealth armor and mostly crap elsewhere. Got a fairly crappy imbued Barb helm. But even as much as I've played this game I'm still having fun with this run-through. Stayed up too late last night because I just HAD to get to the Spider Forest, Great Marsh & Flayer Jungle waypoints (as well as those related quests & points of interest).

W00t! Meph dropped the first unique I've seen, a 38% Tarnhelm. Omg I'm 1337 now!

Love the feeling, ...just gotta get that last waypoint, I'll be just around the corner!

I wish they made SP just like the ladder though, I want those ladder uniques, runewords and events! Why can't they just do that now that D3 is out? :D (No I refuse to use any mods, that's not how the game is made)

Got bonesnap on my hc ww barb the other day, upped it so now I'm on my way to Act I in hell! Love it! Think I'll stick to D2 for some extended time.. I don't even like the D3 music that much :(

I have a 70+ necro on the current ladder, found tal's amulet in Act 1 nm - netted me an Ist, traded it for a Arm of King Leroic, no one had a Homunculus to part with...

Made insight in a CV and traded for a Guillaume's helm :) the rest of my gear's pretty rubbish!

Got through Forge for myself and my tag-a-long mule. I got a Nef, he got an Amn. Would really like to take on Diablo but it's not looking good. Good both waypoints and have made my way into Sactuary, but I'm only level 27, pretty fool hardy to take Diablo on at this low level. Will usually level until 30. I forget, did they remove Iron Maiden as a curse?

Yes, the iron maiden curse was removed in the 1.13 patch. Blizzard somehow screwed up, and removed the lower resist curse as well.

W00t! Meph dropped the first unique I've seen, a 38% Tarnhelm. Omg I'm 1337 now!

BARBARIAN FTW !!!!

I wont be joining you though, congrats for the find.. Looking forward to playing D3 !!

I wish they made SP just like the ladder though, I want those ladder uniques, runewords and events! Why can't they just do that now that D3 is out? :D (No I refuse to use any mods, that's not how the game is made)

Ladder uniques does actually drop in SP without any mods. You can't make the runewords without RWM though.

/back to lurking

Got through Forge for myself and my tag-a-long mule. I got a Nef, he got an Amn. Would really like to take on Diablo but it's not looking good. Good both waypoints and have made my way into Sactuary, but I'm only level 27, pretty fool hardy to take Diablo on at this low level. Will usually level until 30. I forget, did they remove Iron Maiden as a curse?

I got there at 26 and with decent resists it is pretty doable I think, though I do it on /p1 and it still takes quite a long time!

Ladder uniques does actually drop in SP without any mods. You can't make the runewords without RWM though.

/back to lurking

I'm considering using RWM, but it feels almost like cheating you know? I bet I would regret it at some point and feel that I didn't play clean and start over so that's pretty much why I don't use it as of yet. Do try to persuade me! :D I'd love to feel good while using it.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High