Matriarch Morganna Tri-Elementalist (FW/L/FO)

EnerSense

Feb 28, 2005
Matriarch Morganna Tri-Elementalist (FW/L/FO)

Hello!

Been a while since I last posted a Mat thread in this forum. I thought I was done with Sorcs but I just couldn't resist one more variation of this build. I'm very happy with this build since this sorc has 2 spells that can dipatch enemies from a distance. The other spell fire wall is also a very good spell if you know how to use it in combination with your merc. This build was completed in July 2010 but I didn't have the time to post it until now. I've leveled it up since then so these stats are not what they were when I actually completed Hell. Below are the current stats and info:

Armor: Full Tal's Set (Lightning Facets in Helm, Armor, and Orb)
Shield: Spirit Shield (35% FCR)
Gloves: Magefist
Boots: Aldurs (Full Fire Resist and Life)/War Travelers (MF)
Rings: 2x FCR rings with resists
Skillers: 9 Lightning and 1 Cold
Resist 75% all except when War Travelers are equipped.
FCR 117%, FHR 86%

Merc: Hazade HF
Armor: Shaftstop
Helm: Vampire Gaze
Weapon: Tomb Reaver (Amn, Amn, Shael)

Skills:

I placed one in Static, one in Warmth, one in Teleport and one in all pre-reqs. This is the main build:

Lightning: 20pts / Damage 4-9739
Chain Lightning: 20pts / Damage 4-4457
LM: 6

FO: 20pts / Damage 459-482
CM: 5

FW: 20pts / Damage 4716-4767
FM: 1

Stats

Strength: 156
Dexterity: 25
Vitality: 339 / 1497 Life
Energy: Base 35 / 630

Nothing to write about during quests since I didn't get any HR in helforge or find anything great from item drops. I did have the most fun with this build than my previous sorcs. As always, I try to balance out the skill trees so this sorc can play up to a 4 player setting. She is currently level 93 and I've been running WSK and Pindle for items. Thanks for reading!

Re: Matriarch Morganna Tri-Elementalist (FW/L/FO)

Now THAT's an old school build from an old school SPF member. Not only did you go tri-elemental, but most fire skills besides Fireball and Enchant are often ignored these days.

A belated congrats for your belated write up! :thumbsup:

Thank you! As I said before I enjoy playing this sorceress. I have to agree with you about Fire Wall. It's ignored because most people don't know how to use it. It shines when you use it with the teleport skill and your merc. Thanks again for the thumbs up!

Last edited:

Cool Mat, Tri-elementalists are one of my all-time favourite builds.

ThI have to agree with you about Fire Wall. It's ignored because most people don't know how to use it. It shines when you use it with the teleport skill and your merc.

I'm a little bit curious about this. I get how you use it with merc, but teleport? Could you give me a couple of examples?

@Dodgydave - Thanks! I've made Meteorbs and CL/FO builds and were impressed by their strengths. What I didn't like was their weaknesses. Tri-Element is always the way to go for me.

@mouseman - I can't take credit for this method because I learned it from sirpoopsalot. This is what you do:

1)Teleport next to yourself.
2)Don't move.
3)Your merc will charge towards a group of monsters and the melee monsters will charge towards your merc.
4)When they meet, they will be fighting.
5)Cast Fire Wall.

It's that simple. Most of the time, monsters will be too busy trying to take down your merc and forget they are burning to death! You'll get a few that will leave combat but it will have served it's purpose. By the way, I really like your ExplosionMancer Guide! :thumbup:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High