Might or Holy Freeze?

HarbingersOfSkulls

Jan 21, 2004
Might or Holy Freeze?

I'm in the middle of my Poison/Skeleton Build, and am debating with merc to get. Might would help my Skeletons quite a bit, while Holy Freeze would help me alittle bit I would think.

Any opinions?

HoS

I think it depends on your purpose. If you want the merc to tank for you (to hold the monsters) then, HF is better. But, for my pure skellymancer, I found Might Merc increase killing speed a lot in Hell Mode and he can kill even faster than skelly warriors himself, which is useful to get first corpse.

Chien

I'm kinda trying a similar build right now. At this point I'm concentrating on powering up my poison, thus no minions. As such I have a holy freeze merc. So far so good. How do you plan to build (skellies then poison or poison then skellies)?

JCX said:
I'm kinda trying a similar build right now. At this point I'm concentrating on powering up my poison, thus no minions. As such I have a holy freeze merc. So far so good. How do you plan to build (skellies then poison or poison then skellies)?

At this moment (Level51), I got 6 Skeletons running around (with +skills), Gumby, and a HF merc. PN is maxxed, working on PE now. Have 1 point into Curses from middle to right row...will put 1 into DV though.

Find killing in NM not too bad yet.

Just thought that I would try something different with my build for once. After playing my summoner for a while, and seeing how effective the skeletons are for it, wanted to try this build also.

I will finish off PE and figure I will finish Skeletons then go to PD.

HoS

HarbingersOfSkulls said:
At this moment (Level51), I got 6 Skeletons running around (with +skills), Gumby, and a HF merc. PN is maxxed, working on PE now. Have 1 point into Curses from middle to right row...will put 1 into DV though.

Find killing in NM not too bad yet.

Just thought that I would try something different with my build for once. After playing my summoner for a while, and seeing how effective the skeletons are for it, wanted to try this build also.

I will finish off PE and figure I will finish Skeletons then go to PD.

HoS

I went a bit of a different route. Just maxxed PN, got 1 in PE and about 18 in PD, lived as dagger mancer until lvl 30 (had tonnes of poison charms). NM is a breeze with lower resist. I figure I might start the skelly parade soon, they'll be nice for Hell. Not to mention after playing a summoner so long I get lonely with only me, my merc and golem. :D

JCX said:
I went a bit of a different route. Just maxxed PN, got 1 in PE and about 18 in PD, lived as dagger mancer until lvl 30 (had tonnes of poison charms). NM is a breeze with lower resist. I figure I might start the skelly parade soon, they'll be nice for Hell. Not to mention after playing a summoner so long I get lonely with only me, my merc and golem. :D

I started off as a summoner only because I didn't feel like running around with a dagger chasing everything this time around. And only reason for PE over PD, was that because of the point spent in Skeletons early on, i had less to spend before PE was maxxed out and that I use PE when I do get bored spamming PN in baal runs.

I've had people tell me that I lag them with only 6 Skeletons also, imagine that.

"To being blamed for all the lag problems online, and the people that can't or won't get dsl or cable AND still blame us Necro's for it" :drink:

HoS

I have now a psn necro lvl 70 with almost full psn tree and 1 point in all curses but not in AI, and got about 5 skelly and 3 revive (have only +2 necro skills on the wand:( and I use a HF merc, so I'll cast all the time my lr because the monster r realy slow, don't need even deciprify :D My killing rate with pn is realy very quickly the only monsters wich will last long r those venom lords, but I guess with a better equipment I'll take them down very easy ( I'v played untwinkled till now :cool: ) have finished nm. In this build u must accept that u'll dye occasinaly, because I#ve maximized psn befor skelly, but if u don't want to dye, try to maximize or just have enough points in skelly and when they r lasting enough then maximize u psn

HarbingersOfSkulls said:
I started off as a summoner only because I didn't feel like running around with a dagger chasing everything this time around. And only reason for PE over PD, was that because of the point spent in Skeletons early on, i had less to spend before PE was maxxed out and that I use PE when I do get bored spamming PN in baal runs.

I've had people tell me that I lag them with only 6 Skeletons also, imagine that.

"To being blamed for all the lag problems online, and the people that can't or won't get dsl or cable AND still blame us Necro's for it" :drink:

HoS

Normally I squelched those people who complained that my Skeletons contributed to the lag. Trust me, there are still many players using a Pentium II system with 32MB of RAM playing Diablo 2. I don't care whether they lag out and disconnect or even get killed. Since, those players are getting in my way, I consider them as NPCs or the worst case as PvP victims.

core1000 said:
Normally I squelched those people who complained that my Skeletons contributed to the lag. Trust me, there are still many players using a Pentium II system with 32MB of RAM playing Diablo 2. I don't care whether they lag out and disconnect or even get killed. Since, those players are getting in my way, I consider them as NPCs or the worst case as PvP victims.

I don't squelch them right away, because some of them get to be really funny when they do complain. I had a level 31 barb hostile me in a nm because he died like a little baby and though he could beat me at level 66.

Though, he didn't realize that I just got to my Death's Web, and had 10 skeleton's to get through also. His death was a riot because he popped and I went back to leveling. Without taking anything.

Now, I'm at 70 and have RS taken care of, and I get a 11 to watch. Going to focus on PD now, then maybe put a few more into LR ( though it's at 10 with +skills) or maybe CE or BW.

This build has been alot of fun so far.

Just don't remember what was said in a different post about having a HF merc, CG, and LR together.

HoS

HarbingersOfSkulls said:

HoS

I got hostiled quite a few times with my 1.09 Overlord. I had 160+ minions on the screen. People said I lagged them. Personally I didn't care. These days I laugh when people say that I have two many Skellies out, I mean how much lag can 12 Skellies give when I used to be able to play with 160?

Mad Mantis said:
I got hostiled quite a few times with my 1.09 Overlord. I had 160+ minions on the screen. People said I lagged them. Personally I didn't care. These days I laugh when people say that I have two many Skellies out, I mean how much lag can 12 Skellies give when I used to be able to play with 160?

LOL

160 :) :thumbsup:

i tried a skellymancer in 1.09 and i had to give him up somewere in late normal cause i was lagging to much

today im lagging some aswell with my 1.10 skellymancer with his 12 skellys...

Last night, just to be stupid, me and 4 buddies took our s-mancer's out for a quick baal run in hell. it was hilarious to see 5 necro's each with about 11-15 skell's, 1 golem each, 1 merc each running around.

all was fine except for close to the stairs for lvl3 where about 20 monsters were on screen shooting stuff.....lag city!

g

:rant:

Mad Mantis said:

I miss mine, though I had 143 minions. And sometimes managed to even lag myself because of my p.o.c computer at that time.

HoS

Mad Mantis said:
LOL! I lagged because of my connection. It really sucked.

I did because Compaq sucks...and combined with aol at the time...beally sucked.

Now it's a much different story with a new system...and dsl.

Amazing how a gamer's computer with dsl and surround sound, makes diablo2 that much more fun.

HoS

my laptop runs d2 so smooth. with cable connection it's great! the only problem is that i like to play with the -ns enabled in my shortcut to listen to winamp, but then when the movies trigger, my d2 crashes.

ghey

g

:yep:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High