Me and my Hair brained ideas

Dinnin Darkblade

Dec 20, 2003
Me and my Hair brained ideas

Got another one for you all to look at and tell me if I'm nuts or just plain crazy :xmad:

Drow Barbarian
Based off the Books by R.A. Salvatore about Drizzt Do'Urden

Bash 20
Double Swing 20
Beserk 1
Whirl Wind 10
Natural Resist 5
Battle Orders 20
War Cry 20
Improved Speed 4
Pre Reques 1 each

Str : 200
Dex: 100
Vit : Rest
Nrg : Base

Weapon Limitation : Currently only Scimitar class weapons are being used. If this proves to be unfeasable late game I may relax to include other one handed sword class weapons that are "Drowish" in nature. I.E. Long Swords, Sabre's etc etc

Armor limitation : Chain class armor or lighter only

Some background on Drizzt Do'Urden to help those unfamiliar with him to better understand what I'm trying to emulate so that ideas to help this might come about.

Drizzt Do'Urden is a renegade drow elf in the D&D campiagn world of Forgotten Realms. He is a good aligned Ranger that specializes in the wielding of twin scimitars. He was trained by his father as a fighter to take over as House Weaponmaster upon his own death. At a young age *for an elf* of 40 or so Drizzt fled into the Underdark (the wilderness caverns surronding his city of birth of Menzobarrazen) were he became feral and barbaric in nature. He came to think of himself as "the Hunter". This barbaric side of Drizzt is now under control for the most part but is let out occasionally to boost his senses and reflexs in the form of a beserker rage.

Some time after finally coming to grips with reality and putting the riegns on his "Hunter" personality and moving to the surface world Drizzt met a blind ranger that further trained him in combat and the ways of the ranger. He has exibited in his adventures a combat manuver similar to the barbarian whirlwind and a penchant to release his rage in a berserk attack on an enemy.

As a drow his is naturally resistant to magical effects, is quick on his feet, and is trained to move and flow with his weapon of choice as if it were an extension of his body.

That being said I think the reasons for the skill choices are genrally easy to decipher, but will it be able to survive? Any ideas on how, with in the genral style of the charactor, he could be improved skill wise? I am starting him on the SPF SCL and am currently using twin Blood Cresents, the first of wich I found with my necromancer, the second of wich I got from a drop in the Cold Plains.

Looks do-able. Warcry will definitely help keep the monsters at bay since you won't be using a shield I assume. As long as you can get your damage up high enough to kill things relatively quickly in Hell, things shouldn't be too hard. Again, I think Warcry will be your life-saver with tons of monsters coming at you.

Edit: Also should you start having problems with AR later on down the line, Battlecry will definitely be a help with it's -x% monster defense. Can't remember how much AR Bash & Double Swing gives.

thats very points intensive. using the 110 points means that you will only get complete at lvl99. i'd suggest workign on the first 85 or 90 points, then just say 'rest into.....' so people know which to get first, cause some of them will only come good later in game.
oh and with small range swords that dont cause uber dmg, id recommend not putting points into WW, but add them to sword mastery.

farting bob said:
thats very points intensive. using the 110 points means that you will only get complete at lvl99. i'd suggest workign on the first 85 or 90 points, then just say 'rest into.....' so people know which to get first, cause some of them will only come good later in game.
oh and with small range swords that dont cause uber dmg, id recommend not putting points into WW, but add them to sword mastery.

Doh forgot about SM, already have a few points into it aswell. Well then WW is out, keeping beserk for physical immunes, and just going as I can with the rest. Hopefully everything will work out okay but we'll see.

oh man did i love those books! :D i couldn't believe it when i ran into drizzt out in the woods when playing baldur's gate. i mistakenly tried to make him angry... i almost hit him once. :)

the build looks reasonable, though i'm not sure what aspect of the story fits in with war cry, but whatever.

edit: its too bad paladins can't dual wield... dark elves are dark-skinned, after all. :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High