Matriarch/Patriarch/Guardian Archive Thread

Originally posted by Swiller on Oc 25, 2007:

Twin Sisters of Destruction - Strafeazon Mat.

"Sister! The demons are falling back!" shouted Nefertiti over the cacophony of the Worldstone Keep.

"Of course they are," replied Itonya. "Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn!"

Moments ago, a horde of hell-spawned beasts had charged the pair of women, nothing but malice in their eyes and hatred in their hearts. But one hail of arrows had changed everything in an instant--the demons who weren't killed instantly stopped dead in their tracks, then turned and ran in the opposite direction.

Itonya turned to Nefertiti. "Shall we let them go?"

"NO!" screamed the blonde warrior. "Let me show you how we Amazons award cowardice." And with that, she raised her bow and began firing arrow after arrow into the backs of their retreating foes. "NO MERCY!"

STATS

Strength: 120 (145)
Dexterity: 250 (320)
Vitality: 120
Energy: 15

SKILLS

Strafe: 20 (23)

Critical Strike: 7 (8)
Penetrate: 20 (21)
Pierce: 5 (6)
Decoy: 11 (12)
Valkyrie: 20 (21)

GEAR

Code:
Windforce
Hydra Bow
'Shael'

Treachery
Great Hauberk
'ShaelThulLem'
Defense: 463
Durability: 48 of 50
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 56
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xfa00e069
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
45% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
5% Chance to cast Level 15 Fade when struck
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Thyiad's Howltusk
Great Helm
(I only had two Howltusks, and both were ethereal.  Thyiad helped me out, so I thought I ought to personalize it.)

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts

Razortail
Sharkskin Belt

Gore Rider
War Boots

Ravenfrost

Cat's Eye

Blood Hold
Ring
Required Level: 47
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0xcb94f3b4
+15 to Strength
Fire Resist +17%
Cold Resist +13%
Poison Resist +23%

(Far from ideal, but I needed resists and the extra strength)

Charms consist of three Fletcher's, one Acrobatic, and the rest were +all resists and +life.

MERCENARY

Itonya, Act I Fire Rogue
Code:
Howltusk
Great Helm
Defense: 97
Durability: 21 of 21
Required Strength: 53
Required Level: 25
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x3c05363a
+80% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
Knockback
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
35% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Treachery
Archon Plate
'ShaelThulLem'
Defense: 427
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 103
Required Level: 63
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x4cb1ad04
Cold Resist +30%
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
45% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
5% Chance to cast Level 15 Fade when struck
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Harmony
Great Bow
'TirIthSolKo'
Two-Hand Damage: 48 to 180
Required Dexterity: 107
Required Strength: 121
Required Level: 51
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0xee11cd51
+10 to Dexterity
+230% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
Regenerate Mana 20%
Adds 55-160 fire damage
Adds 55-160 lightning damage
Adds 55-160 cold damage over 4 seconds
+2 to Light Radius
+3 to Valkyrie
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Level 10 Vigor Aura When Equipped
Level 20 Revive (25/25 Charges)
Socketed (4: 4 used)

ANALYSIS

Some time ago, I had this grand vision of twin female archers fighting side by side, and so, a matriarch was born. You'll note we aren't exact twins, because we really only have the Treachery and Howltusk in common. I hope you'll excuse me for only having one Windforce. :rolleyes: But aside from that, my vision was fulfilled.

Howltusk is what makes this build so darn fun. It's extremely satisfying to shoot a fleeing monster in the back. Couple the ctc Flee with the Knockback, and nothing gets close to you. Well, at least not melee enemies. Of the dozen or so deaths I had, all came from ranged enemies. Heck, about 10 of those 12 deaths were from Black Souls.

The mercenary was actually a lot of fun! She doesn't run off and attract trouble like the Act II morons, and the Harmony bow was just terrific. The elemental damage helped out with physical immunes, and of course we all love the Vigor aura.

I had an absolute blast with this character, and I highly suggest it to anybody who hasn't played one yet.

Thanks for reading all about Matriarch Nefertiti, everybody!

Last edited:
Originally posted by NagisaFurukawa on Jul 22, 2009:

Matriarchs Miyo, Hayate, and Satoko: PvP Triumvirate

I was going to write this up after PvP Week, but I figured that since that would be after school is over, the potential procrastination time is wasted. :D.

Introduction
There was a time not too long ago when I was a firm believer that the PvP scene was completely unapproachable. The usual reasons applied to me, with the main two being high ping to EU hosts / time zone issues, and relatively low wealth. Combine those two things with my complete lack of experience, and it just seemed like a recipe for disaster. When I noticed certain others on or near my plane of wealth and/or experience (ie. Tank, smilts, etc.) joining bassano's PvP BM Tournament, and now maxicek's PvP Week, I couldn't help but give it a try, as these three characters will tell you. :).

I will start each section by outlining how I figured the character would work while planning her, including her important stats and gear, and I will finish each section with my impressions of my character as well as the build itself... or at least I hope that is how it will go, and not just the usual rambling. *hides*

Miyo, Sidewinder
Preliminary Logic: Given enough time, Poison and Plague Javelin can do huge amounts of damage, and people likely won't have the kind of poison resistance needed to stop it, at least not initially. Guided Arrow and Lightning Fury make for very good finishers, depending on the enemy, and Charged Strike can be used in a pinch if the enemy keeps getting too close. With Harmony on switch, the tactic of running for your life can be used to the fullest, and the poison skills are quite conducive to this tactic as well. Should make for an okay character if played correctly, yes?

Level: 87

Strength: 111 (136)
Dexterity: 123 (244)
Vitality: 276 (316)
Energy: 15 (15)

Life: 1182
Mana: 237

Poison Javelin: 20 (36) | 47653 over 78 seconds
Plague Javelin: 20 (36) | 39365-39604 over 17 seconds
Lightning Fury: 20 (36) | 1-1564
Charged Strike: 13 (29) | 1-1708, 8 bolts
Dodge: 5 (9) | 46%
Evade: 3 (7) | 50%
Avoid: 5 (9) | 46%
Guided Arrow: 1 (4) | 508-1311
Critical Strike / Decoy / Valkyrie / Prerequisites: 1

Weapon 1: Titan's Revenge
Shield: 'Sanctuary' Troll Nest (+65% Resist All)
Weapon 2: 'Harmony' Matriarchal Bow
Helm: 2 Amazon / 30 FRW / 20 FCR / 15 IAS Coronet
Armor: 'Duress' Archon Plate
Gloves: 2 Javelin / 20 IAS / 5 STR / 15 DEX Vampirebone Gloves
Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Cord (40 VIT / 10 DR)
Boots: Amber Light Plated Boots of Acceleration (40 FRW / 35 LR)
Amulet: The Cat's Eye
Ring 1: Raven Frost
Ring 2: Raven Frost

Inventory: 8x plain Harpoonist's, 1x Shimmering GC of Life, 1x Sapphire GC of Balance, 10x SC of Inertia (1x 10% FR)

Stash: Stormshield (7 FHR / -15 REQ Jewel), 160 CR Monarch, 160 LR Monarch, Thundergod's Vigor, Dwarf Star, Wisp Projector, Carrion Wind, M'avina's Tenet, Kira's Guardian (27 CR / 15 IAS Jewel), Hotspur, 30 FRW / 10 FHR / 40 CR Wyrmhide Boots, Sandstorm Trek

Verdict: Your first character isn't supposed to be successful anyway, right? *whistle* I really can't tell you even one time when she has actually used Charged Strike, and Lightning Fury is rarely used as well (though I would still get at least 1 point in a rebuild). Her poison damage is okay, and did very noticeable damage against certain characters, but many of the PvPers have far too many hit points, and it takes a very long time for the poison to set in. If I can ever get 'Fortitude', I may rebuild her with a much stronger bow switch and purely poison for the other half.

Other Thoughts: Plague Javelin does not travel very far, while Poison Javelin takes over a minute to wreak havoc. It is difficult enough to stay out of a teleporting character's way for a couple of seconds, let alone a full minute, so that was a major problem of hers. 'Harmony' did give her additional FRW which helped with juking on at least a couple occasions, but it wasn't enough to really justify using it. Plus the rainbow damage is essentially nullified by anyone with one source of MDR. :(.

Hayate, Blizzard Sorceress
Preliminary Logic: Although many players will come prepared with at least one way of stacking and/or absorbing, the natural Teleport will make her much more mobile than any other character I can make. Blizzard should be able to do some decent damage even if the enemy stacks, plus I already have all the gear from my Baal runner, so why the heck not? *whistle*

Level: 91

Strength: 154
Dexterity: 100
Vitality: 256
Energy: 35

Life: 1210 (1951 with BO, 2551 with Oak Sage)
Mana: 707 (1006 with BO)

Blizzard: 20 (38) | 8208-8543
Frozen Orb: 1 (19) | 451-476
Ice Blast: 20 (38) | 4523-4638
Ice Bolt: 20
Glacial Spike: 17
Teleport / Static Field / Prerequisites: 1

Weapon 1: Death's Fathom (30% Cold, 10% Resist All Jewel)
Weapon 2: 'Call to Arms' War Scepter (+2 BO)
Shield 1: 'Spirit' Monarch (35% FCR)
Shield 2: 'Spirit' Monarch
Helm: 'Shael' Harlequin Crest
Armor: 'Um' Skin of the Vipermagi (+48% Resist All)
Gloves: Bloodfist
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Boots: Aldur's Advance
Amulet: Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Ring 1: Nature's Peace
Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan

Inventory: 5x Chilling GC (1x 7% FRW), 3x plain Shimmering GC, 1x Amber LC of Vita, 1x 5% FHR SC, 13x Life SC (Mana / Resist)

Stash: 'Eld' Stormshield, Nightwing's Veil (8 STR / 8 DEX Jewel), Ormus' Robes (+3 Blizzard, 10%), Shadow Dancer, Thundergod's Vigor, Hotspur, Trang-Oul's Claws, Glacial Amulet of Perfection (3 Cold / 20 DEX), Nokozan Relic, 2 Sorceress / 10 FCR / 17 Resist All / 75 PLR / 34 Mana Crafted Amulet, 2x Raven Frost

Verdict: Blizzard sorceresses are some of the most cookie cutter no matter what environment you put them in, so really this doesn't require much explaining I think. :D. She is quite fun even in a high ping environment, although she has to resort to more strategic teleporting since it is almost impossible to chain two of them together. :p. She has very much trouble against characters who can outrange her, but otherwise can performs quite decently. Her gear is very good, especially for my standards, but really I still think that most of the SPF could enter their PvM Blizzard sorceresses and still have a fun time in duels.

Other Thoughts: You might look strangely at her stash, but it is like that because I made her very flexible. With all of her dexterity giving gear on, she can go down from 105 FCR to a 63 FCR setup that has Stormshield and max block, while maintaining nice damage. She can usually be found somewhere in between her initial setup (above) and her max block setup (with all dexterity items), and her absolute highest damage possible is 10596-11011, although she has never used that setup.

Satoko, Fire Trapper / Bow Assassin
Preliminary Logic: Fire traps are very fun, and Tank already has a pretty functional one of these, albeit with much more logical lightning traps, so it could maybe be a nice character, although probably not a killer.

Level: 82

Strength: 61 (142)
Dexterity: 133 (186)
Vitality: 286 (299)
Energy: 15 (43)

Life: 1133
Mana: 198

Wake of Fire: 20 (34) | 628-714
Venom: 20 (28) | 818-843 over 0.4 seconds
Guided Arrow: 5 (6) | 1225-1630
Burst of Speed: 3 (11)
Mind Blast: 2 (10)
Shadow Master: 1 (9)
Wake of Inferno / Fire Blast: 20
Prerequisites: 1 (9)

Weapon 1A: Bartuc's Cut-Throat (29% FR Jewel)
Weapon 1B: Bartuc's Cut-Throat (23% PR Jewel)
Weapon 2: Widowmaker (Nef Rune)
Helm: Kira's Guardian (27 CR / 15 IAS Jewel)
Armor: 'Duress' Dusk Shroud
Gloves: Trang-Oul's Claws
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Boots: Sandstorm Trek*
Amulet: 2 Trap / 5 FCR / 33 FR / 26 LR / 10 Mana Crafted Amulet**
Ring 1: 10 FCR / 20 STR / 13 DEX / 16 LR / 49 AR Rare Ring
Ring 2: 10 FCR / 10 FR / 28 LR / 28 PR Rare Ring

*Replaced by Aldur's Advance if/when level 89
**Replaced by 2 Assassin / 8 FCR / 39 LR / 31 PR / 8 STR / 20 Mana Crafted Amulet if/when level 89

Inventory: 7x Entrapping GC (2x 3 strength), 3x Mentalist GC (1x 8 life, 1x 7% FRW), 9x SC of Inertia (1x 5 resist all, 1x 8% LR), 1x Coral SC of Vita

Stash: Jade Talon, 2 Assassin / 30 FRW / 12 resist all / 15 IAS Diadem

Verdict: I have not played her very much outside of a few duels on Monday and some practice duels before that, but I can already tell you she is a very fun character. Not the greatest of killers, but one that is quite enjoyable. I don't think she can ever cut it in a 1v1 situation against any of the monsters in the PvP scene, but the fun is where it is at, right? :).

Other Thoughts: Her gear is not done until level 89, and her resistances are messed up as a result of it. Her FPA for Widowmaker is still at 10, and she needs that amulet to help with hitting 9 FPA as well from 2 extra levels of Burst of Speed. I ran the math and her damage from either source (ie. fire or poison) can be easily negated or at least reduced into the single digits, and really I doubt she will invoke fear in any character with very high hit points no matter what their resistances are. *gloom*

Conclusion
If you managed to read all of that, I must honestly pity you, but hopefully it at least tells people out there that PvP scene is actually approachable without completely high end gear or the best of internet connections. I will not try to tell you that it is better that you don't have 'Enigma' or anything similar, but it is quite an enjoyable experience no matter how you look at it. Endless thanks go to all the many people who I have been trading with recently to pump out these characters quickly enough for PvP Week, as well as people I've been bugging in threads or in games for little pointers here and there on how to improve, not to mention those people who have taught me the hard way by taking my characters' ears. :D. Any questions and/or tips are welcome if you have them, but otherwise thanks for reading. :).

Originally posted by @T72on1 on Jun 27, 2019:

Matriarch M_Thatcher, Ice FA Bowazon

1584831743980.png

Yesterday evening I got my Ice FA Zon to Mat status. I'm not sure when I actually started her, but it's been quite a while ago. I made her weapon in February of this year, but started her earlier. Probably near the end of last year.

Just like with my Doom/Phoenix Fury Wolf, I had seen this character build in action already when I played alongside @LongingForDeath 's one in our MP games. It was a lot of fun to watch, so I knew I wanted to try it out too.

The character is loads of fun, but has two major drawbacks: mana issues and big difference in killing power vs CIs. I think those drawbacks where less clear in our MP games, because I was running an Insight merc alongside LongingForDeath's Infinity merc, and because I was there to help deal with the CIs.

Those two drawbacks didn't prevent me from having fun. Lots of fun for a lot of parts. But at the same time it does take away from the total experience, so it is a shame really. It didn't show in the last parts of NM, and not much in the first parts of Hell. But after that it did become more and more of a problem, and as a consequence I finished the last two acts on /p1 yesterday. A shame really, because for Baal waves I cranked it up to /p8 since there aren't and CIs are even highly CR mobs there, except for the mages of Wave 2, and I utterly destroyed those with ease. It clearly showed to me what the build could be.

I tried a few setups, but in the end people who are more creative and more willing to try stuff out will probably be able to make it work better. I started out with Ice on one switch and Faith on the other, to use against CIs (MS or Strafe, depending on the situation) and to fill up my mana orb again due to a mana leech ring. But in the end the difference in killing CIs and other monsters was too big to justify switching all the time, so I turned down to /p1 and used CtA / Splendor on switch, using the Ice bow for Strafe as well. At /p1 the difference in physical damage didn't matter that much. O yes, and it's a good way to proc lots of Frost Novas :).

Other gear consisted of Shako (less damage but easier to use than Nightwing's Veil), Highlord's, CoH, +2/20 gloves, rare boots, Razortail, MPK ring and SoJ.

Not sure what I used while leveling. For sure dual MPK rings, because it's so easy. Other than that probably full Arctic set at first. Wizendraw after that.

O yes, I made a short stop at AT, because it's a good target area for cold based builds. Worked reasonably well. I also briefly tried her out during the warm-up phase for RFL Travincal round. She works ok there, and I'm actually quite sure that she could perform decently there with a better runner, who is also dedicated enough to tinker the build until it works. After killing Baal I also did a Cow run, because I figured she'd do good there. She did on/p3, but not overly so. I just did this with her questing setup though. I'm sure that, just like with Travincal, someone dedicated to squeeze everything out of the build and aimed towards that specific target, can get such character into the 'quite decent' range.

Here's some random pics:

1584831690050.png

Can't resist to take pics of TC3 uniques.

1584831679408.png

It's quite ironic to find my first 30% Nagelring with a questing character, after having done so many mf runs, Travincal runs, ...

1584831664796.png

Her weapon. Terrible roll.

1584831652222.png

The AT runs even paid off :).

1584831640717.png

Always a nice item to find just questing, and look at those rolls !! Best Vamp Gaze I have I think.

1584831625591.png

Crappy drop from Hell Baal. I was just shy of level 86 at that point, so I did a few /p8 Pindle runs to get to 86. She works really well against Pindle.

Ok, that concludes the write-up. Next questing character will probably be a HoJ Fireclaws Bear, although I also want to make a Lightning Trapper.

Code:
Name:       M_Thatcher
Class:      Amazon
Experience: 1160369920
Level:      86

Naked/Gear
Strength:   105/133
Dexterity:  175/199
Vitality:   225/227
Energy:     15/17
HP:         895/1104
Mana:       142/372
Stamina:    374/384
Defense:    43/1223
AR:         845/6420

Fire:       120/80/20
Cold:       95/55/-5
Lightning:  170/130/70
Poison:     95/55/-5

MF:         114       Block:      26
GF:         297       FR/W:       20
FHR:        0       IAS:        60
FCR:        0

Magic Arrow: 1/20
Fire Arrow: 0/0
Cold Arrow: 20/39
Multiple Shot: 1/20
Exploding Arrow: 0/0
Ice Arrow: 1/20
Guided Arrow: 1/20
Strafe: 20/39
Immolation Arrow: 0/0
Freezing Arrow: 20/39

Inner Sight: 1/7
Critical Strike: 6/12
Dodge: 0/0
Slow Missiles: 1/7
Avoid: 0/0
Penetrate: 4/10
Decoy: 14/20
Evade: 0/0
Valkyrie: 0/0
Pierce: 7/13

Jab: 0/0
Power Strike: 0/0
Poison Javelin: 0/0
Impale: 0/0
Lightning Bolt: 0/0
Charged Strike: 0/0
Plague Javelin: 0/0
Fend: 0/0
Lightning Strike: 0/0
Lightning Fury: 0/0

Fletcher's Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x1ac7f585
Item Level: 54
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
+16 to Life

Fletcher's Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xac355363
29% Extra Gold from Monsters

Fletcher's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4f8ce9c9

Fletcher's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x55c5e065

Fletcher's Grand Charm of Quality
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xbca3887d
+2 to Maximum Damage

Fletcher's Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xb1fc5d32
+37 to Life

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x22920d2d
Item Level: 13

Fletcher's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5911b752

Fletcher's Grand Charm of Dexterity
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3d9875d
Item Level: 82
+5 to Dexterity

Serpent's Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0xfc51023f
Item Level: 80
+7 to Life
+17 to Mana

Serpent's Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe0d3dd2
+7 to Life
+17 to Mana

Serpent's Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x35bf0d6c
+13 to Life
+15 to Mana

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 102
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Level: 62
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x677230e3
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +2
+129 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+129 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Damage Reduced by 10%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Chains of Honor
Wire Fleece
DolUmBerIst
Defense: 816
Durability: 26 of 32
Required Strength: 111
Fingerprint: 0x46ddfa7a
+2 to All Skills
+200% Damage to Demons
+100% Damage to Undead
8% Life stolen per hit
+70% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +65
Damage Reduced by 8%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

Razortail
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 100
Durability: 8 of 14
Required Level: 32
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0xeec40174
Item Level: 62
Piercing Attack
+10 to Maximum Damage
+131% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+15 to Dexterity
Attacker Takes Damage of (Based on Character Level) 86

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xe42910c
+1 to All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
32% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

Skull Finger
Demonhide Gloves
Defense: 29
Durability: 5 of 12
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x28476d0b
Item Level: 84
+2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
5% Bonus to Attack Rating
+10 Maximum Stamina
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+5 to Light Radius

Imp Nails
Chain Boots
Defense: 12
Durability: 10 of 16
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x7fecc7b7
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+27% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +40%
Fire Resist +25%
Half Freeze Duration
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Snake's Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0xc832f0d8
+2 to Dexterity
+11 to Mana

Serpent's Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x62c28824
+14 to Mana
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Lizard's Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0xcdc424e9
+7 to Mana
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Fine Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x58132fb2
Item Level: 71
+2 to Maximum Damage
+14 to Attack Rating
+2 to Strength

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7422bccb
+2 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating
+2 to Strength

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x43fd70f2
+2 to Maximum Damage
+13 to Attack Rating
+2 to Strength

Fine Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6d7ba7d0
+3 to Maximum Damage
+11 to Attack Rating

Fine Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x540106d6
+2 to Maximum Damage
+19 to Attack Rating

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x49d3b260
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

Triumphant Ring
Ring
Required Level: 2
Fingerprint: 0x752c6a31
Item Level: 5
Version: Expansion
+33 to Mana after each Kill

Fine Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x90ec3811
+2 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating

Fine Small Charm
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8cbc4b6d
+3 to Maximum Damage
+11 to Attack Rating

Call to Arms
Flail
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 3 - 88
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0x479c37ac
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
269% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+5 to Battle Command
+4 to Battle Orders
+4 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

Splendor
Scutum
EthLum
Defense: 115
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 62 of 62
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 71
Fingerprint: 0x41681176
+1 to All Skills
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+20% Faster Block Rate
+90% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 15%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+3 to Light Radius
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Eth Rune
Socketed: Lum Rune

Ice
Matriarchal Bow
AmnShaelJahLo
Two Hand Damage: 49 - 117
Durability: 31 of 48
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 87
Required Dexterity: 187
Fingerprint: 0x5256e279
100% Chance to cast level 40 Blizzard when you Level-Up
25% Chance to cast level 22 Frost Nova on striking
Level 18 Holy Freeze Aura When Equipped
+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
149% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
-20% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+26% to Cold Skill Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
20% Deadly Strike
268% Extra Gold from Monsters (Based on Character Level)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Jah Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

Arrows
Fingerprint: 0x7605fda5
Item Level: 89

Mercenary:

Name:       Chalan
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 77259800
Level:      86
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   188/217
Dexterity:  151/151
HP:         1807/1914
Defense:    1330/4798
AR:         1922/1922

Fire:       157/117/57
Cold:       176/136/76
Lightning:  176/136/76
Poison:    246/206/146

Fortitude
Balrog Skin
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 3132
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 155
Fingerprint: 0x3e6d842b
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+107 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +26
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 336
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 83
Required Strength: 102
Fingerprint: 0x88cc9705
Item Level: 86
15% Chance to cast level 15 Poison Nova when struck
+2 to All Skills
+35% Increased Attack Speed
10% Life stolen per hit
+117% Enhanced Defense
+29 to Strength
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
Fire Resist -19%
Poison Resist +70%
Level 3 Venom (20/20 Charges)
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Garnet Jewel of Fervor

Garnet Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x550f40ba
Item Level: **
+15% Increased Attack Speed
Fire Resist +11%

Infinity
Giant Thresher
BerMalBerIst
Two Hand Damage: 215 - 613
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 178
Required Dexterity: 130
Fingerprint: 0x14e0ac2c
50% Chance to cast level 20 Chain Lightning when you Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
259% Enhanced Damage
-52% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+43 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Mal Rune

Last edited:
Originally posted by TedDeeBoy on Sep 29, 2006:

V1.10 Mat Sev IV Mageazon

I started her as my 1st char, she is not my first mat/pat finished last week.

Character name : SevIV
Character type : Amazon
Character level : 90
Character exp : 1668005534

base/ w gear
Strength : 103 / 134
Energy : 35 / 37
Dexterity : 278 / 333
Vitality : 115 / 132
Stat Points Rem : 9
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 849 / 573
Mana : 431 / 178
Stamina : 448 / 268

Res: 47/ 52/ 75/ -15
Def: 1.1K
AR : 6.4K on normal attack

Damage FA 1.5K
IA 753 - 909
Strafe 160 - 557

Skills: B&C
FA 20 / 28
CA 17 / 25 <--- any more skill points here
Strafe 1 / 9
IA 18 / 29
rest 1

P&M
CS 5 / 8
D 5 / 8
A 3 / 6
E 2 / 5
SM 2 / 5
Decoy 2 / 5
Pierce 4 / 7
Valk 14 / 17
rest 1 / 4

Gear:
Harlequin Crest w/OS

Stone Heart
Amulet
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0x77d8d80
+8 to Strength
+4 to Dexterity
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Fire Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +16%
Cold Resist +16%
Poison Resist +16%
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels

Kuko Shakaku 172ED
Aldur's Deception Armour
Aldur's Advance Boots
Upd Nightsmoke
Raven Frost 177/19

Entropy Knot
Ring
Required Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0xae7686a8
+30 to Mana
Cold Resist +28%
6% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit
Half Freeze Duration

Skull Fist
Heavy Bracers
Defense: 65
Durability: 12 of 16
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 52
Item Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0x8c0072d2
+46% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +15%
Attacker Takes Damage of 5
Knockback
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Nova when struck
5% Chance to cast Level 4 Frost Nova when struck

Switch:

Bone Wand of Life Tap
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 7
Durability: 15 of 15
Staff Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x44b0e36a
+1 to Confuse (Necromancer Only)
150% Damage to Undead
Level 5 Life Tap (53/97 Charges)

Whitstan's Guard

Charms
6 Cold damage charms,
Gheed's Fortune 117/ 39/ 10
AR, res, life, Mana and FRW charms

Merc : Might
Guillaume's Face
Black Hades 'OrtRalThul'
Arioc's Needle w/ Amn then The Reaper's Toll

Valk Pre Buff
Athletic Amulet
Ondal's Wisdom +49 to Energy +488 Defense +4 to All Skill Levels

For Leveling on p8
Bone Wand of Lower Resistance
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 7
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Level: 36
Staff Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xed844cdd
+2 to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
150% Damage to Undead
Level 2 Lower Resist (71/75 Charges)

Hellforge : NM Lem / Hell Fal

Deaths : Numerous

The Ancients : she suffered 6 OHKO's to the Ancients on p1 and several resets. She spent 1.2M gold buying potions and resurrecting the merc and losing money to deaths. The Valk could tank 1. She almost killed the cursed set on the her go then I spent my time resetting and collecting her body. She used a wand of life tap to attempt to keep the merc alive abut this never worked. The leaper causes the most problems, usually FE, caused 4 deaths after leaping over her front line defence and smacking her. 2.5 hrs she had to give up with no rejuvies and money left. Time to pull out Riphook and Cleglaw's Pincers and the Reaper's Toll out of the stash and the Ancients were finished slowly but safely yep very cheesy but I :jig: after they died. Baal went the same way back did not move after being slowed and decrepified then dropped Bloodthief, bonus.:wink3:

Best Finds :

6: Lion Branded GC 5: 40MF Gheeds, 4: +4 Ondal's Wisdom, 3: Mavs Diadem, 2: SOJ, 1: Schaffer's Hammer

She was my first char in .10 LOD and 4th Mat/Pat.She's a Mageazon with 1 pt into Strafe for dual immunes with 1 pt penetrate. However, I foolishly put all of her early point into D/A/E passives and slow missiles (look at the pts wasted) and had to reorganise and re-run normal Act 4 just to get enough skill points to allocate to FA to get past normal Diablo. Life was never easy for her and death was only a cursed or FE scarab beetle away when lvling her into NM A2 using MF gear. She even died to NM Mephsito bizzard on p8 as she had - CR and no CBF until mu 1st Ravenfrost dropped on the next run. 👍 I had put all of my efforts into making her a MF char and she was slow and inefficient. Then after about 6 months of playing her I found out she would not be hell viable with low AR and the bow skill bug with LCS relying on leech. So I continue to MF with her in the Museleum and Crypt. I parked her for several months to magic find with the Fishymancer, she ends up with Aldur's partial set, why? Well give 150% AR bonus so this plus 1pt Penerate with + skills and AR charms fixes the low AR in Hell, she has a respectable 6K AR with the normal attack but she was the first buddist amazon, totally orange and she looked bald with Shako. But style aside the Aldur's armour/boots partial set is decent for a character relying to AR to hit, it saved my Zon about 13 skill points in Penetrate

But having said all that, FA and cold damage length made her life easy against non CIs, statues don't attack. Lister's crew is the best example. They caused no problems at all. She had 12 seconds total freeze, about 1.5 -3 sec in Hell, enough to often reposition to take better advantage of 100% pierce after a hit. IA was used on ghost monsters as the burning worked well but IA has had its day in 1.09. Outside a tournament I would not build another mageazon like this. She was lucky though. Her future , probably retirement she could run Cows and Pindle p1, The ancient tunnels on p3-5. she would be kill well with more + B+C skills.

Next on the list : Frost Zealot NM A2 so far efficient but boring. Then a new char either a Whirler, Pup with ripcracker or Schafferdin. Time to go melee

Last edited:
Originally posted by TedDeeBoy on Mar 22, 2007:

Mat Eboneza - Strafer

Introducing 1.10 Mat

Character name : Eboneza
Character type : Amazon
Character level : 85
Character exp : 1107588761

Strength : 115 / 121
Energy : 15 / 15
Dexterity : 300 / 357
Vitality : 80 / 80
Stat Points Rem : 5
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 631 / 458
Mana : 281 / 141
Stamina : 228 / 228

Res 75 / 46 / 75 / 40

AR : 8K
Dmg : 178 - 828 , Poison and Cold 426 - 1416

no + skills on core build

B & C
Strafe 20
FA 1
Pres 1

P & M
Valk 20 / 32 after pre buff
Penetrate 20
CS 9
Decoy 9
Pierce 7

Pres 1

Gear
Armour: Tals Plate w/Thul
Helm: Tals Mask w/Ort
Belt : Tals Belt
Rings: 2 x Raven Frost 250, 18 - 237, 19
Amulet: Atma's Scarab
Gloves LoH

Boots: Viper Brogues
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 44
Durability: 12 of 12
Item Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x9dcfe5f0
+23% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +21%
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Weapon : Cruel Great Bow of Alacrity
'ShaelNef'
Two-Hand Damage: 45 to 198
Bow Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0x78cd8d77
+282% Enhanced Damage
Knockback
40% Increased Attack Speed
Socketed (2: 2 used)

No Switch

Code:
Charms

Shimmering Small Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Fingerprint: 0x85193d5d
All Resistances +3

Ruby Small Charm of Greed
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x75377ce0
Fire Resist +11%
9% Extra Gold from Monsters

Sapphire Small Charm
Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0xe1268c83
Cold Resist +11%

Coral Grand Charm of Balance
Required Level: 15
Item Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0xdced9aef
Lightning Resist +24%
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Fine Small Charm of Sustenance
Item Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0xbbd5b3ee
+13 to Life
+18 to Attack Rating
+1 to Maximum Damage

Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Item Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0xa2d92c2f
+20 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xf63d7ab4
+19 to Life

Sharp Large Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0x6a082562
+4 to Strength
+39 to Attack Rating
+4 to Maximum Damage

Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xfc4d7e3b
+2 to Strength
+10 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

Garnet Small Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0xb052dc39
Fire Resist +9%
3% Faster Run/Walk

Shimmering Large Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x820d087
All Resistances +7
5% Faster Run/Walk

Shimmering Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb5a51c08
All Resistances +4

Pestilent Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 80
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xaba591e5
+19 to Life
+175 poison damage over 6 seconds

Fine Small Charm of Frost
Item Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x1e0ae13f
+15 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-2 cold damage over 1 seconds

Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x9cda4bf5
+20 to Life

Fine Small Charm of the Glacier
Fingerprint: 0x33951eae
+10 to Attack Rating
+2 to Maximum Damage
Adds 3-5 cold damage over 1 seconds

Shimmering Large Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 34
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0xc164ffd
+22 to Life
All Resistances +6

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x367120ed
83% Extra Gold from Monsters
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 13%

Merc : Act2 NM Offensive
Vamp Gaze 19% DR, 6% Leech
Duriel's Shell
Hone Sundan w 2 x Amns, Shael

Stash
Ondal's +4 All Skills
Gymnastic Circlet
Athelic Gloves, Amulet
Cleglaw's Pincers

Hell Forge : NM Dol , Hell Lum

Deaths : As usual, about 5. I was careless on occasions

THe Ancients : I suffered a mysterious OHKO 1st time around. I am not sure what happened, There was no Ancient near me, I was shooting and just croaked it. But I got them the 2nd time, THe mods seem whimpy, I think they were FE, not a problem for a ranged char. I stood between pillars near the enterence and strafed them with Cleglaw's Pincers with the Merc and Valk tanked, the Leaper died 1st, then the Whirler and the Double throw very soon after that.

Best Finds : Death Fathom in the Pits. A few nice charms

THe build : My idea was I was hoping to build a pit strafer with decent damage with a fast weapon without resorting to Windfornce. I combined a fast bow to reach a 9/2 strafe with knockback for crowd control and CTC amplify damage to increase damage from strafe and break immunities. I wanted a char with some MF and good resists for questing , but with the ability to switch to more damage later. She played alternated between /p1 and /p3 depending upon whether PI may generate in the area. She was quite lucky with monster generation, she got Black Souls twice, but once they were on ToD level after a death restart. With her resists suffering a little from the Anya resistance bug made for an exciting finish to the Mat.
She was a fun char to play as she is fragile if a monster breaches the knockback and CBF

In Pits I tried her at /p5 and she is can be a bit slow with kill speed. If amp goes off straight away on a demon pack kill speed is ok , but on bone warriors poss packs the merc often gets the kill. THe crowd control is good with knockback and freezing arrow with freezing arrow helping corpse disposal. I will compare her with the Windforce setup using a slower attack speed at /p5 to compare the kill speed. I am sure WF will be better , but I how much is the interesting question. She is a fun MF build , I like strafers.
Next up I am bit undecided. I will finish the Meph runs with the Blizzballer, then not sure.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Originally posted by TheBhoy on Aug 18, 2007:

A mat on the back

Well finally...

After a complete rebuild of my girl, let me introduce Maid Marion, my first ever Matriarch. She is a dexazon inspired by Hector and AJK - thanks guys. This meant no vita. None. Zip. and boy was it a challenge for me.

I have always played either melee palidans or summonmancers so this was a complete chance in game style for me and it was a shock

Her level is currently at 80 which I think is a very reasonable level to Mat on but it was thanks down to a bit of luck that i got a brilliant WSK 2&3 map. :rolleyes:

Stats base
Str 100 124
Dex 355 413
Vit 20 22
Ene 15 17

Skills
20 Strafe
20 Valk
20 Pentrate
5 Multi-shot
All prereqs in both trees - 1 in ice arrow by mistake and 1 in pierce
rest into critcial strike - hey more damage is good none in frzen arrow or any fire arrow

My equip was twinked as hell.
Shako, highlords(self found), Dracs grasp for the lifetap, trechary aromur willhems belt for the dual leech, ravenfrost, +7all resis rare ring and inferostride boots -I had nothing better I had some small resist charms and 4 bowskillers for some added ooomph. more on that later

Normal

Used a combination of artic and vidala set to get going and all was good up until act 4 where my severe lack of mana leech was a problem. at this point i switched to skystrike to help out with ctc meteor. I hit lvl 41 just as i killed shenk. this meant i could equip my end game weapon - buriza.

I know there is a lot of debate on bows vs crossbows and this is not the place for it. I like xbows. they are fun. To combat my mana leech problem i decided to shove a pskull in after lazurk got his hands on it. Nae probs. Rock and roll........

Nightmare

No problems here at all. Waltzed through at a rate of knots. got an um at the HF and got past ancients on p8 as i forgit to turn it down. Took a while, but we got there. My valk was starting to get really strong here and I think she did nearly all the killing in the throne after my merc got posioned and I didnt have any antiode and left him to die. Good valkyrie 👍

Hell

This is where my play style had to change dramatically. Rather then click, moster dies or minions kill him quickly, Dodge run, shoot. took a few NDE to get the hang of. Also, bosses posed a major problem if they were CE. not so much for being frozen but the nova range.. If i got too close ooopssssy. Nearly so often.

This is when I found out how useful my decoy was. raise, draw them in, bang buriza roxxx. About half way through act2 I came across a major problem - PI's. Crap - how did I deal with them? Sure the buriza has a bit of cold dmg but my merc has very little and who knows with valky over there.

Ahhhh, the Hellrack I found in the MFO. Really high strength req. Damn. Oh look, two hels. Hmmmm I wonder:scratch: Try it out - problem solved :evil: . Next point went in pierce. Made a big difference.

Diablo was the first place she died. And she died a lot. eventually got the big guy down to a sliver but had no mana left to ressurct valk or money to get merc back. Hit the left button to run away and hide and fired MS by accident.dead again.. No, uhhh Diablo dead??? My MS hit him and took the sliver. Hmmmm lucky me thinks?

From this point no problems at until the ancients. My god it was like a scene from Benny Hill. Big bad leapy barb chasing little amazon girl round mountain top. This went on a lot. couldn't figure out what to do. Decoy didnt work, merc couldnt keep up, valk was ongoing with twirly barb.

After a few days rest and contemplation, leapy barb is always CI and and I cant freeze him. I can burn him though and Hellrack just happens to have 150 lvl18 immolation arrows. wait till he lands fire and run. repeat. a lot.

After 35 mins of doing this, it works I had 3 charges left and 6 bolts on that side. Switch to buriza and make short work of the other two. Yeahhhhh. Walk into wsk. Conviction Frenzytaur boss. fine convcition does not bother them. oh wait, fanatical blood lord as well. Ah.....bye? rerolled them. after i died. a lot.

After that tho no problems again. baals hoodie gangs were a breeze and baal and his clone were 'a pain' but not bad.

Goodies found
highlords, Lem, Um, mal from hell HF, not a lot else actually.

Improvemnts
change skillers to P&M i think. more chance to hit and the extra damage from strafe isnt a lot. Get a decent dual leech ring so i can get a better belt. better boots

Plans
Pindle runner. She can kill pindle in about 20 secs providing not PI. Need to load up on the MF for that

Well thanks for reading. I hope it reads Ok and for anyone wanting to try something like this, do it. I had more fun with this than I ever did with a melee char.

Originally posted by @TheNix on Nov 18, 2009:

Matriarch Cupids_Kiss, Single Tree Bowazon, lvl 84

Matriarch Cupids_Kiss, Single Tree Bowazon, lvl 84

St - 87 (99)
Dx - 187 (235)
Vt - 221 (228)
En - 15 (22)

AR:

Strafe: 1145, 4923 after BA
MA: 4866, 8644 after BA
FA: Who Knows?

Damage:

Strafe: 446 - 1131
MA: 482 - 1192
FA: 2437 - 2487 Cold + 482 - 1156 Bow damage

Resists (Hell)

Fire 75
Cold 75
Lning 75
Poison 75

HP 1105
Mana 357

Skills:

Magic Arrow: 20 (36)
Cold Arrow: 20 (36)
Strafe: 20 (36)
Freezing Arrow: 20 (36)
Guided arrow: 13 (29)
Ice Arrow: 1 (17)
Multishot: 1 (17)

Item Granted Skills:

Critical Strike: 2 (10)
Valkyrie: 5 (11)
Immolation Arrow: 3 (19)
Revives: 20 (25 Charges)
Valkyrie: 15 CTC
Vigor: 10 (When equipped)

Equipment:

Weapon 1

"Harmony" Matriarchal Bow (+3 bow skills)

Weapon 2

Kuko Shakaku

Harly /w 12% Resist All jewel
"Peace" Wyrmhide
"Caster" Bramble Mitts - +2 Bow/xbow
Tearhaunch
Razortail
Mara's Kaleidoscope
BKWB / SOJ
Three Fletcher's skillers & Scads of resist all charms

Merc: (Act 2 - BA)
Rockstopper
Shaftstop
Reaper's Toll

Random musings:

Other than Hell Baal being a complete and utter bastard, this build went more or less to plan. I put Peace RW in Light Plate and equipped it at lvl 29 and I put Harmony RW in an Ashwood Bow, with +3 skills, and equipped that at lvl 39. When you add that equipment to Maxed MA, Normal difficulty simply flew by at /P8. When I started NM at about lvl 50, Strafe was coming along nicely and FA was freezing everything in sight. Throughout NM and some of Hell, I had by merc equipped with Insight weapons, meaning that I rarely had a problem with mana, but as Hell progressed he needed a more juicy weapon and Reaper's was the obvious choice. I chose Kuko as my weapon against unbreakable PI/CI, but I only had to use it twice. Both times against stubborn Ghoul Lords that simply wouldn't leave me alone. The Revives only really came in handy when fighting the occasional boss, but it was good to have them as a back-up. As I said earlier Hell Baal took forever. He was a summoner and I forget how many times he summoned his clone, but it was the tentacles that were the real problem. Packs of them. Every time I stopped to let loose a barrage, TENTACLES. And no just one cast, no, HEAPS of them. They're CI too! It was a war of attrition. Now for a controversial statement. A respec ability would make a mockery of a build like this. After serving me so well through Normal and part way through NM, MA was almost never used again. I would have loved to be able to Max GA and put a few points in IA for the extension to the freezing length, or perhaps I could have opened up the fire tree a bit. But I used the points earlier, and used them well. The ability to respec an entire build gives me the shivering heebie-jeebies.

Last edited:
Originally posted by @TheNix on Jun 26, 2018:

1.14 – 5 of 7: Matriarch KaySarahSara – A 1.09 classic build reimagined

Matriarch KaySarahSara, the Burazon

Level: 84

St – 112 (122)
Dx – 100 (162)
Vt – 283 (283)
En – 15 (15)

HP 1188
Mana 215

Damage:

G. Arrow: 526 – 2446*
Strafe: 407 – 1704*
Multi: 357 – 1500*
* After Might

Resists:

Fire: 75
Cold: 75
Ltning: 75
Poison: 75

Skills:

Guided Arrow: 20 (24)
Valkyrie: 20 (28 – after switch)
Penetrate: 18 (23)
Multi-shot: 10 (14)
Strafe: 10 (14)
Critical Strike: 6 (11)
Magic Arrow: 4 (8)

Inner Sight, Slow Missile, Decoy, D/A/E 1 (6)
Cold Arrow 1 (5)

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

“Shael” Buriza-Do Kyanon

Weapon 2:

“Spirit” Crystal Sword
Lidless Wall

Kira's Guardian
“Um” Skin of the Vipermagi
Rare Vampire bone Gloves with +2 P&M, 20% IAS, Life steal
Gore Rider
Credendum
Rare Ammy with +1 skills, resists, replenish life
Manald Heal & SoJ

Bow skiller
Heaps of AR, Damage and Life charms

Merc (Act 2 - Might)

Rockstopper
“Duress” Scarab Husk
Eth Reaper’s Toll

Random musings:

Even from the beginning this build was never really in any trouble. I started with using MA and/or MS with a 5x Jewel of Envy Long Bow and that got be off to a flyer. It took me all the way to Kuko Shakaku at level 33, then Witchy through to the Bura. I decided to go with the Might Merc for the extra damage and pumped up Penetrate for the AR, a shipload of AR charms also helped. I decided pretty early that 10 levels of MS was enough, and I came to the same conclusion with Strafe. I use MS and Strafe as crowd control (usually Strafe indoors and MS outdoors) and GA as a boss killer. I was tossing up whether to beef up Magic Arrow, at least until it no longer cost any mana, but I went foe the AR of Penetrate instead, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t use MA; it often had to be used in Hell. The only real problem I had was with the Hell Ancients. The Thrower, and to a lesser extent the Leaper, just would not leave me alone. I took about a half a dozen attempts to get past them and Strafe was my worst enemy! It took the merc to finally target the thrower first while I pummelled him with GA that took him down; after that it was a piece of cake. Hell Baal, was not much of a problem after that, but I have never seen as many active tentacles in my life. On the plus side, a random monster in the Frozen Tundra dropped me this:

1584832298040.png

and that was a real bonus.

Now for my final two characters for 1.14, assassin and paladin, and I still don’t know what I want to do with them!!!!!

Originally posted by Thirty-Thirty on Oct 27, 2005:

Matriarch Serena

Ahoy,

Having spent around 30 minutes in the fight against Baal, I now no longer have any softcore characters that have not finished Hell. Here is the latest addition, my M'Avina Frostmaiden.

Matriarch Serena
Level 80 Frostmaiden

Stats
Str: 85 (125)
Dex: 130 (181)
Vit: 225 (225)
NRG: 35 (38)

Life: 883 (883)
Mana: 163 (213)
Resists: 74/53/60/62 (F/C/L/P)

Normal Arrow: 416-1292
Freezing Arrow: 1351-1510
Immolation Arrow: 1044-1062

Skills
20 Freezing Arrow
10 Cold Arrow
20 Immolation Arrow
8 Exploding Arrow
20 Valkyrie
1 into prerequisites and every P&M skill
Equipment gives +7 all skills

Gear
M'Avina's Battle Hymn
Rare amulet: +1 skills, 5% mana steal, +5 resist all
Rare rings, between them: +18 resist all, ~150 AR, other stuff
Rare greaves: not sure why I'm still wearing them

Merc
Act II Might merc
Tal Rasha's Crest
Duriel's Shell
And this beauty, courtesy of Darkwell:

Insight
Cryptic Axe
'RalTirTalSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 170 to 742
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 93
Required Strength: 155
Required Level: 59
Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x6401395a
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+230% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+75 poison damage over 5 seconds
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Critical Strike
35% Faster Cast Rate
225% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Level 14 Meditation Aura When Equipped
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

Comments
A fair amount of fun. Freezing arrow can be spammed (especially with the Insight), which makes for a good show. I often shattered rows of carvers with single arrows. She slowed down quite a bit towards the end though. Even though monsters aren't ever immune to both fire and cold (except uniques), there are times when they have immunity for one and very high resistance on the other. To speed up these bits, I had a Wand of Lower Resistance on switch.

I principally used Freezing Arrow, with Immolation Arrow as a backup. I spent a while with a few points over, trying to decide whether to beef up Freezing Arrow or Immolation Arrow. I decided on Immolation in the end. Firstly, this level of FA is viable, since M'Avina gives the +20% cold skill damage bonus. Secondly, IA has a cooldown, so you can't spam it. Its nicer for IA to actually do some decent damage, since you can't speed it up any. That said, I think when Exploding Arrow hits 10 she'll be done beefing IA.

The main fights were weird. With the Ancients, the Whirlwinder (Talic?) decided to take on my Valkyrie. Great. But Korlic and Madawc decided to hunt me down, completely ignoring my merc. So I ran in small circles while my merc beat up Madawc, who refused to run from the merc or engage him. Madawc fell, and I continued my little loops to avoid the leaper (Korlic?) while my merc moved on to Talic with my Valkyrie. Talic wasn't interested in the merc either, so the merc killed him. Then, the merc and Valk caught up with Korlic and took a shot every now and then, me still doing my loops. So I killed the Ancients, more by strategy than strength, using only 80 arrows. Whatever.

Lister was uninteresting. I had the whole pack frozen most of the time, and the merc was stealing enough life to stay alive. Baal was a bastard. Once again, I think the demons of the Burning Hells were blind to guys with spears. Neither my merc nor Valk could distract Baal from me, and this character isn't really a tank. He'd use the mana draining attack, then the Cold-V, then put tentacles everywhere. Repeat for about half-an-hour. Don't forget that this guy has monster elemental resists, and I couldn't get in enough arrows per cast of Lower Resist to make it really useful. I died once, mostly because I wasn't paying careful attention. I also burned about 10 big grape juices. Eventually he puked, and out popped a rare grim wand and Dangoon's Teaching. Thanks buddy.

So now I have 12 Mats/Pats, and a Destroyer Fishy making his way through Hell. Thats the next project. After that, who knows...

Thanks for the read,
30-30

Originally posted by TopHatCat64 on May 24, 2009:

Matriarch Ela Dashwood - Amp/Thorns Strafer

Matriarch Ela Dashwood

Planning

Ela was based around my desire to use an Edge bow for something other then shopping sprees at Anya. Could I somehow make thorns worthwhile? That thought drove nearly all of my gear and stat choices.

I originally wanted to wield the bow myself but I realized the thorns aura could just as easily be wielded by an A1 merc. That choice freed me up to suit up with WWS. WWS, combined with Atma's Scarab, would provide two excellent sources of Amp Damage to help Thorns, my merc's damage, and my strafe damage. The rest of my gear went towards attaining decent resists and life

Skill-wise, I maxed Decoy and Valk to act as pin Cushions. I maxed Strafe and Penetrate to maximize my chances to proc Amp Damage. I was going to rely on Amp to break physical immunes so I ignored the elemental arrows.

Most of my strafers are glass cannons with nothing in Vitality but Ela went for a more balanced approach since a Decoy's hitpoints are based on my own. No vitality would equal an extremely short-lived Decoy.

Ms. Dashwood got her name from (of all things) Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. Have I ever read it? Nope, but I liked the jauntiness of the name.

Leveing and Observations
This was my first time using an A1 Merc. When I first started leveling with her in normal, I was a little annoyed at her AI. I was meleeing until I hit 24 for Strafe and A1 mercs seem to have a very small "leash". She was constantly running into crowds and then dashing back and forth trying to run away from monsters while sticking close to me. After I got Strafe and went ranged, we were much more in sync. She sometimes got caught on walls but for the most part, we were a competent team. She died a total of 4 times (twice at my first failed attempt against Hell Baal), quite amazing in comparison to my usual double digit death tolls for my A2 mercs.

Amp damage goes off very consistently with WWS and Atma's Scarab, nearly every pack I faced got amp'ed after two or three strafe cycles. Very useful.

I'd estimate Thorns dished out 10% of my total damage output while Strafe covered the rest, about what I expected. Once monsters were amp'ed, I sometimes stopped strafing and watched what happened when they whacked my tanks. It was a little chunk off their health bars but a chunk nonetheless.

God, I love strafe! It's so entertaining watching streams of auto-targeting arrows hit everything in the room. I can just hold down right click and survey the battle scene, placing down decoys and valks where they need to be, all the while dishing out damage.

Decoys are so helpful, I used them in a variety of ways for this particular build:

Pin Cushion
1. If I encountered a pack of melee monsters, I usually just chucked a decoy into the middle of the pack for maximum thorns damage

Safety Valve
1. If I encountered a particularly strong group of monsters and my Valkyrie was taking major damage, I usually placed the decoy in that middle ground between the frontline (Valkyrie and all the monsters) and the backline (my merc and I). If the Valkyrie suddenly poofed, the decoy provided me a second or two to recast my Valk.

Alternatively, if I was dealing with fast monsters that run everywhere like Flayers, I usually kept the decoy closer to me and rotated myself around it when monsters came at me from behind.

Scout
1. Ranged attackers with 800 life aren't really built to lead the way so I usually scouted ahead with my decoy to draw monster attention. In particularly dangerous areas, I cast alternating decoys and valks, to "leap frog" my way through the map. That way, I always had at least one tank up and in proper position.

Distraction
1. If I couldn't get to Mummies or OK's with my arrows, I usually placed a decoy right in their faces. That's usually good for a couple seconds of non-resurrection/non-cursing as Mummies usually take a swipe or breath poison on the decoy while OK's cast decrep and run away.

I died twice with Ela, easily my best death tally with a bowazon. My first death as against a pack of conviction frenzytaurs in Hell Ancient's Way. They tore through my decoy and valk before I could react. My second death was against Hell Baal. No A2 merc meant no decrepify. I tried to take him down at range but he was raising tentacles everywhere. After the clone came out I eventually succumbed. I quickly re-geared for all the slowing I could muster using Cleglaw's, Blackhorn's Face, Nos' Coil and I threw a Riphook on the merc. I managed to slow him down enough with my new gear to eventually wear him down.

Future Plans and Finds
She was a lot of fun so possibly Baal runs. I found a Vex with her in A5 NM - many fist pumps ensued. That Vex, coupled with my slowly growing rune stash, enabled me to make Fortitude - a runeword I've coveted for a LONG time. 👍

Stats

Code:
Lvl 82
Strafe Damage w/ Enchant: 573-1086
AR w/ Enchant: 13027
Life: 830
Resists: 75/40/75/75

Str:55
Dex: 285
Vit: 145

20 Strafe
20 Valk
20 Decoy
20 Penetrate
3 Avoid
1 Pierce

Gear

Code:
Nat's Totem 'resist all/str jewel'
Atma's Scarab
WWS 'Shael Shael'
'Lionheart' Breast Plate
LoH
Razortail
Raven Frost
Entropy Finger*
War Travs
Demon Limb 'Hel'  / Lidless Wall on switch

Merc: Stealskull 'ias jewel' / 'Lionheart' Mage Plate / 'Edge' Blade Bow

Entropy Finger
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x91a0bcc
+21 to Life
+45 to Mana
Fire Resist +24%
Lightning Resist +9%
Cold Resist +9%
Poison Resist +9%
4% Mana stolen per hit

Originally posted by Toppo on Jan 27, 2005:

Matriarch Shoots-Baddies-Full-of-Holes

Yeah, I haven't been posting these threads here in a while and thought it was time to do so (I've Patted/Matted ~8 chars since the last time I made a Pat/Mat thread):

Matriarch Hunter
Level 83 Witchy/Strafeazon (now actually already level 84)

Click me for Stats!
(Chance to hit a Cow was 89%)

Statpoints w/o Equipment:

Strength - 90
Dexterity - 380
Vitality - 20 (!)
Energy - 15

Skills (no +skills):

Strafe 20
Valkyrie 20
Penetrate 20
Pierce 8 (98% with Razortail)
Critical Strike 5
Dodge 3
Avoid 6
Evade 5

Secksy Gear (for 8/2):

Witchwild String
Diamond Bow
'ShaelShael'
Two-Hand Damage: 86 to 105
Required Dexterity: 132
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 61
Bow Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xde2d8ebb
+163% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +40
Required Level +7
Fires Magic Arrows
2% Chance to cast Level 5 Amplify Damage on striking
83% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)

Kira's Guardian (perfect resists, Ort)
Upped* Twitchthroe (plain Jewel of Fervor)
Razortail
War Traveler
Laying of Hands
The Cat's Eye
Raven Frost

Chaos Loop
Ring
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0xa37266a8
+9 to Mana
+78 to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
4% Mana stolen per hit

(I have four dual leech rings and this is the best of them... :()

*Just to get that uber kewl Iron Pelt inventory look ;)

7x Sharp GC with +life/dex/elem dam & 5x Fine SC of various mods + res all 5% SC, Boreal SC of Vita & Boreal SC of Storms

Might Merc:

Click me for Stats!
(Upped Shaft, Rockstopper & Eth Reaper's)

Notable Finds:

Mal (Hell Countess)
Fal (Hell HF)
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer (random unique in Plains of Despair)
Steel Pillar (Pindle)
Trang's Belt (Baal)

Deaths (much less than I thought):

Normal
- Died once... Meph's cold ball of doom one-hit killed Hunter

Nightmare
- Cursed & Extra Fast Stygian Doll pack somewhere in Durance... again one-hit kill

Hell
- One bolt from a FECELE Beetle in Maggot Lair

All one-hit kills and only because I was too lazy to use Decoy all the time ;)

Thoughts:

- Base Vit + uber fast attack speed (8/2) = FUN!
- Would be a very strong character/build if all the monsters were Demons
- Can't do shit to Cows
- Could definetly be done in HC (not probably by me, but someone else)

Anyone guess where the name, Hunter, comes from?

Last edited:
Originally posted by tragor on Dec 6, 2007:

A Matriarch? For me? Wow, thanks!

It had to happen eventually so I may as well introduce my first ever Matriarch after at least 5-6 years of play.

Matriarch Swarm, Level 86 Strafer

Overall, I'd have to say that the reason she made Mat was because she was really fun to play. At least until about A5 Hell. Kill speed was pretty bad everywhere in Hell but it got downright dangerous in A5. Then she got to Nihlithaks lair and things got seriously ugly. Almost everything in there was PI and she just didn't do well with those. By the time she could dish out any damage the merc or valk (or both) were eating dirt. She killed the bad guy and went on but really needed some help. That was when I came here and discovered the single word that turned her game around - knockback. Yippee! She was fun again.

Yep, she finished the game with just her two bows (a rare Great Bow and a Magewrath Rune Bow). The primary weapon was the Great Bow came (with its 80-386 points of mixed lit and fire damage). This was also her main PI killer. When she needed physical damage to leach mana she switched to the Magewrath. Lower total damage but lots of physical pain. The lack of pure speed in the rune bow didn't seem to be a problem. Even against the Flayer and Undead Doll hordes in WSK and the ToD she was able to put enough pointy sticks in the air to keep the merc and valk mostly happy (well heck, no ones ever completely happy are they?). And I never did up the bow.

In the find department she did fabulously well through Norm and NM but the lower /P setting in Hell reduced her drops badly. She managed to pick up 102 different Set and Unique items, so she's my best finder by yards. Don't remember where most finds came from but do remember that Baal dropped a nice eth Ribcracker and two bosses on WSK3 were nice enough to donate an Executioners Justice and a Lidless Wall. She also found a pair or IK gloves somewhere in Hell.

Rune finding was, as is typical for me, horrible. Best rune was the Hell HF drop (Pul). Next best below that was Lum. Thus, none of the nice Ko's and other runes needed to make better bows. Sometimes being untwinked and self-found, with my luck, is tedious at best.

Now what? Don't know really. I may run her against Pindy for a while to see if she can find anything new. The Skullders is waiting in her stash for another runout.

Stats:
Str - 111 (136)
Dex - 174 (210)
Vit - 210 (220)
Ene - 15 (25)

Resists:
Fire - 12
Cold - 22
Lit - 19
Pois - 21

Skills:
20 Strafe (239-626 with rare, 305-510 with unique)
20 Valk
17 Penetrate
11 Magic Arrow (302-769 with rare, 350-553 with unique)
And +1 when using the Magewrath because she didn't find any skillers.

Equipment readouts:
Code:
Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Strength: 115
Required Level: 34
Item Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0xc81a7127
+15 to Strength
+120% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike

Bramble Harp
Great Bow
'Nef'
Two-Hand Damage: 17 to 77
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xc69e542c
+11 to Dexterity
+46% Enhanced Damage
+2 to Maximum Damage
Adds 79-99 fire damage
Adds 1-287 lightning damage
Knockback
10% Increased Attack Speed
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Atma's Wail
Embossed Plate
Defense: 840
Durability: 105 of 105
Required Strength: 125
Fingerprint: 0x8b29d85a
+15 to Dexterity
+120% Enhanced Defense
+50 Maximum Durability
Replenish Life +10
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+172 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

Venom Grip
Demonhide Gloves
Defense: 110
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x38030efc
+157% Enhanced Defense
+18 Defense
Poison Resist +30%
+5% to Maximum Poison Resist
+59 poison damage over 4 seconds
5% Life stolen per hit
5% Chance of Crushing Blow

Hsarus' Iron Stay
Belt
Defense: 220
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 3
Item Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0xf4f02b44
+20 to Life
Cold Resist +20%
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+215 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

Hsarus' Iron Heel
Chain Boots
Defense: 9
Required Strength: 30
Required Level: 3
Item Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x745f0d92
Fire Resist +25%
20% Faster Run/Walk
+860 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Dread Finger
Ring
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x80ec5cda
+20 to Mana
+23 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +18%
11% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
10% Faster Cast Rate
Half Freeze Duration (Turned out to be a real lifesaver!)

Rainbow Ring of Performance
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xd37db909
+11 to Minimum Damage
All Resistances +11

And on switch:
Magewrath
Rune Bow
'Nef'
Two-Hand Damage: 58 to 132
Required Dexterity: 103
Required Strength: 73
Required Level: 43
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x1e7d24eb
+10 to Dexterity
+137% Enhanced Damage
+211 to Attack Rating
+25 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
Magic Damage Reduced by 11
15% Mana stolen per hit
Knockback
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
+3 to Guided Arrow (Amazon Only)
Hit Blinds Target +1

Charms were whatever random assortment the game gave but focused heavily on life, resists and at least a couple of FHRs. Plus my one and only 5% MF small charm (found somewhere in early Hell IIRC).

I would definitely play this build again. :laugh:

Originally posted by Ugla on May 18, 2007:

Matriarch Azalea

as promised some hours ago:

Matriarch Azalea
class: Amazon
build: Strafe/MS
clvl: 82

Stats
str: 85 (176)
dext: 325 (360)
vita: 75 (117)
ene: 15 (25)

Life: 685
Mana: 151

Buriza/Hellrack
AR: 6897/8949
Strafe damage: 591-1979/669-2077
MS damage: 503-1665/583-1835

Skills:
20 Penetrate, Strafe, MS, Decoy
6 Critical Strike
1 Pierce
no D/A/E, no Valkyrie

Gear
helm: Guillaume's Face (15%IAS jewel)
armor: "Smoke" Mage Plate (twinked after NM for resists)
gloves: rare (20%IAS, 21%LR, 19%PoiR, +9str) - found while questing
belt: Verdungo's (32 vita, 15%DR)
boots: War Traveler (48%MF)
jewelry: rare (+str, +min damage, resists)

main weapon: Buriza-do Kyanon (198%ED)
weapon switch: Hellrack (201%ED, Shael, Shael)

The story:
I finally decided to build a Strafer. I wanted to be unorthodox, though, and took the crosbow route. Not that I had a decent bow anyway.. I also wanted to try one build without the D/A/E skills. I twinked her from the very start, since I don't have much time lately.

How to start? Well, Strafe sucks. You may not like to hear that, you may disagree with that, but that's all you can do about it. I never liked this skill, and now I like it even less. The only positive thing is the off-screen auto-aiming. Strafe is really kinda chobo, and doesn't make any use of player's skill. Just press the button, and watch your zon shooting lots of arrows (bolts in my case) doing pathetic damage :undecided: Maxed Strafe lock duration is too long, which together with low life is a guaranteed way to die. And Azalea died a lot.

The troubles started at Plains of Despair (NM), where she got toasted by gloams at least two times. After I had stopped reviving the stupid moron :evil: , she was quite safe (with careful use of Decoy). CS was easy, yet, she still received too much damage from the balrogs' inferno. Diablo is always a pain with a bowie, yet on (twinked) NM nothing unbearable. The crappy resists started to take their toll in act5, where Azalea suffered several more deaths, and had to slow down the pace. After killing Baal and slaughtering the cows, I decided to reequip.

Rattlecage went back to the stash, yet I had no decent replacement. Azalea badly needed resists and more life. Duriel's shell is currently "in use" with my druid, and I don't have any 3-OS armor either. I eventually made "Smoke" runeword in a Mage Plate, and twinked several small charms of Vita. After the first encounter with Wraiths, I switched Atma's scarab and Ravenfrost for rare alternatives, and started to use Hellrack, which worked better against PIs. The major drawback was that the CE blasts and cold damage in general really started to hurt. The merc was still using ordinary Kelpia with Rockstopper and Ironpelt, but was reasonably safe thanks to decoys tanking most of the damage.

I admit I was not fully concentrated, yet the number of deaths was already alarming (one in Lost city, another in the Canyon, few more in the jungles), maybe 3-5 per act! As Azalea entered act4, I was wondering what to do with the free skillpoints (21 after Izual's quest). I eventually decided for Multiple Shot, and poured those points in. From that moment on, things were much easier. MS is really amazing skill, surpassing Strafe by a league against larger packs. The possibility to spread or focus the fire is exactly according to my taste, and there is no dangerous lock involved. The rest of the act fell easily to the combined skills (Strafe is still useful once the enemy numbers have thinned down).

Then big D came again, and this time it was a gruesome experience. Azalea was probably too low level (79, I guess), and died 3-times in a strafe-lock and once caged in a prison. I was too lazy to reequip for better resists and tank him, which would probably be the best. Also the merc was no longer wielding the precious Kelpia. Grrrrr. Act5 was all the same again, several stupid deaths due to lack of concentration (blasts, archers, Pindle, a PI Frenzytaur boss - finally a "normal" death, simply and clearly trampled into dust). Two more unbelieavable deaths upon the ancients (I don't get it), toasted by the first Black Soul pack in WSK2, and a desperate battle against Baal. Since Baal's spells are much weaker, I eventually tanked him, forcing my merc to do at least some fighting :rolleyes: Wiped out the cows without trouble, yet still no 3-OS armor :cry:

I know this was lame, I just wanted to get over it, and better don't count the total number of deaths. I'm far more interested in optimizing the char now, and making some runs. Strafe proved to be semi-useful, but I'd not max it next time. MS is far better against mobs, and MA is almost as effective against single targets, plus offers another type of damage. Also, without Buriza, one would need some points into pierce.

Originally posted by Vang on Apr 28, 2009:

Mat Silvia a MageZon

Ah, finally a Matriarch Silvia is. Silvia, is a character I've tried many times, and have failed at the enjoyment of her, and I think its partially due to me get Exploding Arrow before Freezing Arrow, this time I went with Fire to start to boost Ravenclaw's synergy(if that even works, not sure about it)

I wasn't quite sure how to make her, but I decided, I'd go base STR and DEX. Get a nice amount of life, and boost Energy the rest of the way, mainly a 2Vit/3Energy a level, until around 70. I wanted 300 or higher base, and I did achieve that. Meaning if my Mercenary went down I still had quite a few shots before I popped a potion, and I could of just constantly popped, and got the same result in terms of not running out of mana at that high of a level. This is my first character I ever went base Strength, normally I pump this on all my characters to the sky.

Silvia started off pretty easy, and once she got a few levels under her belt, and got to 33, I equipped a Kuko and just went to town. At 39, I equipped my endgame weapon, a Stag Melody Bow, and it was great. I stayed in Normal until about 45, then got her leveled via my Sorceress until 67, at which I equipped my endgame equipment.

All the acts 1-5 were pretty easy, I had a few deaths, one in each except two and four, which I had none. Gloams and Archers were the causes of all my deaths. With two elemental attacks, and a pretty hefty Mercenary, the dual immunes went down fast regardless. If it wasn't cold immune, it was frozen and provided zero threat, and thats basically how this character plays. I had to do a lot of placement with Decoy and my Valk, swing one to the top right, another lower left, etc to pick up and additional targets that swarmed my position. I also placed the Decoy a lot of times directly in front of my to absorb any oncoming blast, as my resistances without Fade were absolutely dreadful.

Silvia: Level 82

Stats:
STR: 20(37)
DEX: 25(46/56melody)
VIT: 152(157)
ENR: 303(308)
Life: 903
Mana: 665

Freezing Arrow(37) 2373-2407
Exploding Arrow(37) 1165-1349(Fire Arrow@16base)

Equipment:
Valk Tiara of Whale(+2skills, 95life, 2os: 2 plain ferver jewels)
Caster Crafted Boots(30frw, 3%max mana, 18mana, 19Light Resist)
Caster Crafted Belt(+12str, minor other mods)
Rare +2bow/xbow gloves with 20ias, 20light resist)
BK Wedding Band
Ravenfrost
Mara's Amulet
Melody Stag Bow(+2bow/xbow built in)
Treachery

Mercenary:
Vampgaze
Fortitude
Insight in a Ethereal Thresher

Charms: 5 Fletchers, and then life and resist small charms.

Originally posted by Vang on May 1, 2009:

Matriarch SubAltern A Pus Spitter Wielding Zon

Subaltern took an odd path, and I admit I changed her multiple times.

BUILD Thoughts:

Part of this was me trying to find a way to make this weapon useful. 20seconds -31% resist all, not bad, and 4% CTC isn't actually bad on a Amazon using strafe(WWS 2% procs a lot) so I figured it was good enough going that route.

So I had one attack, after checking up on the amazon thread(as I haven't made a strafe character since..long time) Multishot would be sufficent enough, and Penetrate and a Valk would be a solid grounds.

Now mercenary, I really wanted to go the dual lower resist CtC, with medusa's gaze. Tried a Fire one, as I figured him being up in close with inferno would provide enough hits would be grand, lets see how he works before I go overboard, and he worked horribly. So I decided to make a nice bow, Harmony in a blade bow(to reach a good breakpoint with her attack speed)

Now my gear, and equipment involved two weapons, Hellrack and Pus Spitter, Pus Spitter until it triggers, then mow eveything down with my increased damage(grant it, not really an over abundance of bonus damage)

Now I wanted to go base DEX, and did so until level 76, and once I equipped Hellrack, my AR was only 6k, and even with Inner Sight, I wanted it bigger, I dumped what I had saved, 100 roughly, and then my level ups into it, to finish with a nice AR about 10k with Enchant from demonlimb.

GAME PLAY

Used Buriza until I could finally equip my Hellrack, and used Pus Spitter to get used to the weapon switching, it was a bit rough, but got it down, as there was a slight difference in color between the two.

ACT 1: No deaths, and everything died quite fast
ACT 2: Similiar to one, but I must admit the Tomb was utterly terrible, should of used a nature's peace for this area.
ACT3: Fast and furious, and with large areas, everything died quite fast.
ACT4: Gloams near Izual, but I managed quite easily. Izual died extremely fast. Diablo took a bit of time, but did kill my mercenary.
ACT5: Ancients gave me 1 death, and had to reroll them 2 more times until I finally got them down. Minion waves were cake walk and the second spawn was the only time consuming one.

BAAL, on the other hand. Took about 30minutes to kill. Pus Spitter took forever to trigger, and thats the only time I attacked him was wih it active.

AFTERTHOUGHTS

A fun character, very good versus anything, as I effectively wielding all 5 damage types. It was highly noticable with a difference in non-lower resisted mobs and with it, especially once things took more than a few hits. Pus Spitter alone wasn't that bad, and I bet someone with heck of a lot of charms could upgrade it and manage by themselves(I had only a few charms that had resist one, probably 30-40damage total worth at max)

Nice to see a very odd weapon get used, and an elite unique get use at the same time.

CHARACTER:

Subaltern: Level 80

STR: 163 (equipment bonuses added)
DEX: 205
VIT: 228
Life: 1022
Resistance: 75/75/85/60ish with fade active

Skills:
20(23) Penetrate
20(23) Valkyrie
9(12) Pierce
5(8) Dodge and Avoid
9(12) Decoy
9(11) Multishot
7(9) Strafe

Damage and AR(strafe, multi slightly less and venom and enchant on):
Hellrack: 725-1923, 10.6k AR
Pus Spitter: 476-761, 10.8k AR

Equipment:
Nat's Helm(15ias jewel)
Treachery Archon Plate
Mara's Amulet
Ravenfrost
Rare ring(2%mana leech, 70AR, 65mana, 7%ResAll)
Nat's Boots
Thundergod's Vigor
Laying of Hands
Hellrack(Nef, Perfect Skull)
Pus Spitter(Nef)

Act 1 Fire Mercenary:
Treachery Breast Plate
Harmony Blade Bow
Crown of Thieves(15ias jewel)

Originally posted by VoX Dei on Dec 20, 2008:

Matriarch Elunamara - Sniper/Strafazon with Faith Rogue

This is my first char using the new Faith bow and also my first Mat thread in the SPF. That said, I’m proud to present Matriarch Elunamara , the WF Strafazon, and Annor, her Faithful Fire Rogue sister.

Elzix – ‘You look like a sturdy adventurer’
Elunamara – ‘Oh really? I have 30 vita after war traveler boots, Einstein!’

Ormus – ‘Here, take this (junk) ring. It’s not of any use to me’
Elunamara – ‘Gee thanks! You’re sweet. Can we meet at the entrance to the Spider Forest (so I can kill you!!!)? I promise you won’t regret it’

All of Elunamara’s attributes, skills, and gear were planned in detail beforehand so at her current lvl (90) she has no stat/skill points remaining and is twinked to the teeth.

Attributes

Strength: 84 (144)
Dexterity: 421 (454)
Vitality: 20 (30)

Life: 288 (544)
Stamina: 173 (183)
Mana: 148

Breakpoints

Strafe at 9/3 fpa
MA at 9 fpa
Jab at 6.33 fpa
Decoy at 16 fpc
Hit Recovery at 8 fph

Skills

Bow & Crossbow Skills = 43
20 Magic Arrow (used to kill PIs and to take out some of the nastier pack leaders first)
20 Strafe (she’s a strafazon.)
1 MS, CA, GA (pre-reqs)

Passive & Magic Skills = 57
1 all (pre-reqs and 1 pt wonders: D/A/E and Penetrate)
5 Decoy (invaluable shield)
14 Valk (17 on the cast switch)
16 Crit Strike (65%)
16 Pierce (82%)

Javelin & Spear Skills = 1
1 Jab (used to kill bosses )

Items

Gear:
- Bow: Windforce with a 35% ed, +15 max jewel
- Helm: Kira’s Guardian 70 with a 15@ res, +12 max jewel
- Armor: Fortitude AP (27%@ res, 112 life at clvl 90)
- Belt: Nosferatu’s Coil
- Gloves: Havoc Grasp (blood craft, 7 str, 14 life, 3% dual leech, 22% mf, 10% cb)
- Boots: War Traveler 50 mf
- Amulet: Atma’s Scarab
- Ring1: Entropy Spiral (14 dex, 9 min, 10% fire/cold/psn res, 15% lres)
- Ring2: Chaos Whorl (18 str, 14 dex, 115 ar, 18% mf)

Switch:
- Vigor and +3 Valk prebuff: Harmony mb

Stash:
- Baal Poker: Upped Eth Hone Sundan (3*Amn)
- Enchant prebuff: Demonlimb

Inventory Summary:
- 2*4 free squares
- Cube
- Charms that include a 40 Gheeds and add up to:
160% mf
286 ar
24 max dmg
23@ res
100 life
2-8 cold dmg (2 sec freeze length – Normal)
plus some minor mods

Merc:
- Bow: Faith Great Bow (slvl 14 Fana)
- Helm: Tal’s Mask
- Armor: Crow Caw with a 15% lres, 15% ias jewel

Play and Impressions
Normal and NM done at /p8, Hell /p3 to /p1. Her first death was to Infector of Souls in Normal (*hides*). After that, she died a LOT, partly because I refused to twink her with charms with +life when questing/levelling, and partly to user stupidity! Marquis de Sade would have been proud. Killing Diablo (hell)/Baal (NM and hell) were the funniest moments. She just run with Harmony and switch to Jab+Hone Sundan when in melee range. Ofc with her low vita she managed to die 2 (that I recall) times while trying to rid the world of the prime evils. She is older and much more durable now, but levelling from clvl 87 (after mat’d) to 90 in /p8 pit runs also proved quite a challenge when Dark Rangers had a leader with Multiple Shot + Blessed Aim aura. Overall, she’s a very enjoyable character to play, because she can kill fast carrying 250% mf, but she can also go down pretty fast (especially to some nastier ranged attackers). I also enjoyed the fact she went trough the whole game with the lvl 7 rogue merc that Kashya gave to her and that she started and finished the game with the 1pt jab. However, this build lacks some skill diversity and does not fully take advantage of the Fanaticism aura provided by Faith. A more enjoyable mf’er is still possible…

Noteworthy finds:
1 TC87 ;
3 unique rings , which I always think are SoJ’s, but were in fact Nagel 28%, Dwarfstar, and Raven;
5 skillers (3 questing, 2 levelling from 87 to 90 in pit /p8 runs): acrobatic, graverobbers of life (+19), captain’s, trainer’s and natural;
Plus a bunch of other charms: Steel GC of Balance (116 ar), Sharp GC of Greed (10, 57, 34), Shimmering LC (8%), Shocking LC (1-71), Sharp LC of Greed (5, 21, 10), Fine SC of Dexterity (3, 11, 2), Shimmering SC (4%), SC of Vita (20), Jade SC of Vita (9, 17);
Plus yet another bunch of jewels: Cinnabar of envy (9%), of Carnage (+15), 2*of Wrath (+9), Rusty (20%), Scintillating of Hope (12, 12), and Bitter Talisman Jewel (12 stamina, 9 max, envy – req lvl 8).

Thanks go to Lister (you rocking monster :cloud9:) for the Jah rune, and to the readers. Thank you and Happy Xmas!

EDIT:

Hellforges were: Ral / Io / Pul

Last edited:
Originally posted by VoX Dei on Jan 5, 2009:

Matriarch Stellamara - Bowazon with Faithful Rogue

Presenting Matriarch Stellamara, the WF Bowazon, and Liene, her Faithful Cold Rogue sister:

Stellamara is Elunamara’s younger sister. Elunamara was built to be as safe as a glasscannon can be while carrying exactly 250% mf and being able to kill any monster in the game. Overall she succeeded in these goals. However, she also proved that she wasn’t as safe as I initially thought due to the lack of Multi Shot and a second tank (Might merc). Ranged attackers (especially those with Multi Shot ability and auras like Blessed Aim or Fanaticism) really made her journey an uneasy one at times. In retrospective, I see her troubled journey as a necessary initial adjustment period from A2 Might mercs (tank) to A1 rogues (ranged). Thus, from this spark of dissatisfaction, Stellamara was born.

Early in her career, Stellamara became adept at fighting fire with fire, being able to take down the dangerous multi shot bosses with multi shot from great distances. Later she learnt the strafing way from her big sister and eventually mastered it too. Her journey to matriarch was a search for the perfect balance between these two distinct archery traditions.

Stellamara’s LCS evolution: the moment she equipped WF ( Clvl73) vs. Final ( Clvl90).

Stats

Strength: 91 (144)
Dexterity: 414 (447)
Vitality: 20 (30)

Life: 288 (505)
Stamina: 173 (183)
Mana: 148

75% @ res, except lightning (80%)

Additional Stats:

250% MF
50% IAS => 9/3 (or x/3 ?) fpa Strafe; 8 fpa Multi, MA, GA
20% FHR => 8 fph
25% FCR => 16 fpc Valk, Decoy
25% FRW (+ Vigor on switch)
CBF
KB
CtC Amp
Leech: 12% life, 8% mana
10% Slow

Daggerside Stats (deviations only):

Strength: (134)
Dexterity: (442)

Life: (555)

30% IAS => 7 fpa stabbing
50% FHR => 7 fph
0% FBR => 5 fpb
75% Blocking
No KB
No Mana Leech
25% CB
53% DS => 83% 2*damage
50% OW
30% Slow
PMH
-50% Target Defense

Equipment

Main:
- Bow: Windforce with a 35% ed, +15 max jewel
- Helm: Kira’s Guardian 70% with a 15% @ res, +12 max jewel
- Armor: Fortitude AP (27% @ res, 112 life at clvl 90)
- Belt: Nosferatu’s Coil 7%
- Gloves: Glyph Clutches Vambraces (20% ias, +2 P & M, 21% mf)
- Boots: War Traveler 50%
- Amulet: Atma’s Scarab
- Ring1: Doom Grasp (+5 min, 5% LL, 14 dex, 9% @ res)
- Ring2: Chaos Whorl (18 str, 14 dex, 115 ar, 18% mf)

Switch:
- Vigor and +3 Valk prebuff: Harmony mb

Stash:
- Baal Poking: Fleshripper 286% + Lance Guard
- Enchant prebuff: Demonlimb

Inventory Summary:
- 2*4 free squares
- Cube
- Charms that include a 40% Gheeds and add up to:
161% mf
274 ar
23 max dmg
24% cold, fire, poison resists and 30% lres
75 life
2-8 cold dmg (2 sec freeze length – Normal)
plus some minor mods

Skills

Bow Tab = 44:
Pre-req: Cold Arrow 1;
1 point wonder: GA 1 (used only vs. Diablo);
PI/lack of mana solution: Magic Arrow 11 (currently 0.2 mana cost);
Attack vs. larger mobs and dangerous ranged attackers: Multi Shot 11 (12 arrows, 14 mana cost);
Attack vs. smaller/scattered mobs and the initial attack vs. PI mobs: Strafe 20.

Passive & Magic Tab = 57:
Pre-reqs: Inner Sight, Slow Missiles, both 1 (3);
1 point wonders: Decoy (lasts 20 sec; rarely used) and Penetrate (+55% AR), both 1 (3);
Dodges: Dodge and Evade, both 4 (6) for a round 40% dodging chance and Avoid 5 (7) for a round 50% chance to dodge enemy missiles when attacking (ie., strafing);
The Shield: Valkyrie 12 (17); On Harmony switch, the Valk sits on the right button of the mouse so that she can be quickly recast between Stellamara and any danger she might run into;
Critical Strike and Pierce, both 14 (16) for respective 65% 2*damage and 82% pierce.

Mercenary

Liene, the Cold Arrow Rogue:

Equipment:
- Faith Great Bow (slvl 14 Fanat)
- Tal’s Mask
- Crow Caw with a 15% lres, 15% ias jewel

Additional Stats:
30% IAS => 8 fpa normal/cold attacks
15% FHR => 9 fph
10% LL
35% OW

Gameplay and Impressions

From paper to matriarch, Stellamara’s journey (normal and NM p/8; Hell p/3 to 1, mainly p/3, except Pit p/8 runs from clvl 82 to 90) was a breeze, but not without incident. She had significantly more NDE’s than actual deaths when compared to Elunamara. Most of her deaths were due to human flaws anyway (ie, I’m a very stubborn person). Here’s a fine example: it started as a NDE (first time she managed to escape to town unscathed although decoy, valk, and poor Liene were all slaughtered), but I had to return and kill ALL the baddies, which resulted in a death – the only one I lost experience from by not bothering to pick up her corpse).

On the bright side: Overall, Stellamara’s killing power/safety is superior to her predecessor’s thanks to the wider range of offensive skills used (ie, Multi Shot) and better survival skills (ie, Dodges). Thus, it’s a real joy to play Stellamara. In fact, I don’t think I recall having this much fun playing a bowie in a long time. Here’s a fine example: p/3 Baal trying to run away, the coward! And, the inevitable rewards.

Her immediate future includes experience and item hunting. She will be putting her 250% mf to good while levelling to 92 in p/8 Pit runs, so that Magic Arrow gets to slvl 13 (0 mana cost). After that, she will be exploring her limits (ie., p/x) in Baal runs. I usually do Baal runs in p/1, but I’m curious about that.

Finds Summary

- Hellforges: Nef / Dol / Ko :grrr:;
- S/U’s: highlight here would be Messerschmidt’s Reaver;
- Jewelry: 3*Unique Amulets (Eye of Etlich, 2*Nokozan); 2* Unique Rings (2*Nagel, both low mf% rolls);
- Charms: Fletcher’s GC of Greed (29%), Sharp LC of Incineration (5, 41, 10-17), SC of Vita (20), Lizard’s SC of Good Luck (4, 7%), Serpent’s SC of Balance (16), Fine SC of Strength (3, 11, 2), and Steel SC of Strength (32, 2);
- Jewels: Twinking (2*Envy, of Joyfulness, of Ire, of Wrath, Chestnut of Wrath +13, Rusty 19%, Rusty of Ire 20% +2); Emerald of Prosperity (13%), Realgar of Carnage (29%, +15), Vermillion of Carnage (+26), and last but not least, my first 2009 RBF (4/5 poison lvl-up).

Thank you for reading!

Cheers,
- Vox dei

Last edited:
Originally posted by Wraithan on Nov 17, 2005:

First Mat: Gnergix (second pat/mat)

So MPing has been motivating me to actually go though hell and now I am able to finish more characters.

This is my first zon, a strafer, Vega hooked me up with a Eaglehorn before that I used a borrito cannon.

Gnergix
Level 80, Strafer
STR:120
Dex:295
Vit:100
Nrg:Not sure...

Skills
20 Strafe
20 Penetrate
20 Valk (yay for nice tank!)
6 Decoy
5 FA
3 Dodge
3 Avoid
3 Evade
1 in all prereqs

Unique/Set
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Eaglehorn
Canthan's Seal
Raven Frost
Laying of Hands
Alder's Advance
Goldwrap
Stealskull
Skulders Ire

Magic/Rare
+2 passive/magic Ammy

Normal
Arrows!

Act 2 Might Merc
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Skin of the Vipermagi
Pierre Tombale Couant

Not sure what to do now, Pit runs mostlikely, so I can pray for a Reapers Toll for my merc and make other places with more common PI's doable.

Originally posted by xxnothing on Apr 18, 2009:

Matriarch Jaedbow - FA/Strafe M'avina's set Amazon

Allow me to present Matriarch Jaedbow.

This character was "my daughter's" character, meaning she picked the class, the name and said she wanted a bow-wielding character that glowed (M'av's full set). Of course, I did all the playing. ;)

--Stats--
LCS shot

Code:
Character name  : Jaedbow
Character type  : Amazon
Character level : 82
Character exp   : 838277644

Strength        : 95
Energy          : 20
Dexterity       : 178
Vitality        : 190
Stat Points Rem : 17
Skill Points Rem: 4

Life            : 911 / 782
Mana            : 264 / 144
Stamina         : 345 / 335

Her STR is higher than need be, chalk that up to my almost complete lack of character planning. I'd rather trade some of that STR for DEX, but oh well.

--Skills--
Bow and Crossbow tab
Passive and Magic tab

--Gear--
Code:
Jaedbow's M'avina's True Sight
Diadem
Defense: 209
Required Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x2b406bc9
+25 to Mana
+150 Defense
Adds 1-70 lightning damage
Replenish Life +10
30% Increased Attack Speed

+1 to All Skill Levels
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
All Resistances +39

Scintillating Jewel of Thunder
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xa5ea4b8f
All Resistances +14
Adds 1-70 lightning damage

Jaedbow's M'avina's Embrace
Kraken Shell
Defense: 1179
Durability: 48 of 48
Required Strength: 122
Required Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0x9d155cd4
+7 to Strength
+20% Enhanced Damage
+350 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 8
Requirements -30%
12% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Glacial Spike when struck
+328 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

30% Faster Hit Recovery

Stone Gyre
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x3d885f90
+7 to Strength
+20% Enhanced Damage
12% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

Jaedbow's M'avina's Caster
Grand Matron Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 43 to 223
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 152
Required Strength: 108
Required Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0xca3b0a78
+211% Enhanced Damage
+50 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-82 lightning damage
Fires Magic Arrows

Adds 114-377 magic damage
10% Chance to cast Level 15 Nova on striking

Realgar Jewel of Thunder
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xd302ec7a
+23% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-82 lightning damage

M'avina's Tenet
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 83
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 45
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xce7a79f8
+50 Defense
5% Mana stolen per hit
+5 to Light Radius
20% Faster Run/Walk

All Resistances +25

M'avina's Icy Clutch
Battle Gauntlets
Defense: 90
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Strength: 88
Fingerprint: 0x10b1bd32
+10 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity
+49 Defense
Adds 6-18 cold damage over 6 seconds
56% Extra Gold from Monsters
Half Freeze Duration

Adds 131-252 cold damage over 4 seconds
+20% to Cold Skill Damage

Immortal King's Pillar
War Boots
Defense: 128
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 125
Fingerprint: 0x4909894e
+44 to Life
+110 to Attack Rating
+75 Defense
40% Faster Run/Walk

+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
+160 Defense
Half Freeze Duration

The Mahim-Oak Curio
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xb0590e73
+10 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+10 to Dexterity
+10 to Vitality
+10% Enhanced Defense
+10 Defense
All Resistances +10
10% Bonus to Attack Rating

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xb955c6c3
+17 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+236 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Shadow Finger
Ring
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0x841d82eb
+3 to Mana
+87 to Attack Rating
Poison Resist +27%
4% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life +6

--Charms--
Code:
Sharp Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2eed39ee
+63 to Attack Rating
+8 to Maximum Damage

Fine Small Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0xe35bb9af
+15 to Life
+11 to Attack Rating
+1 to Maximum Damage

Amber Grand Charm
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x7e25ea19
Lightning Resist +27%

Russet Small Charm
Item Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x4ceef616
Fire Resist +7%

Sharp Grand Charm of Greed
Fingerprint: 0x32189797
+53 to Attack Rating
+10 to Maximum Damage
26% Extra Gold from Monsters

Ocher Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb3cd6189
Lightning Resist +7%

Hibernal Grand Charm of Balance
Required Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0xff1c5e40
Adds 12-20 cold damage over 1 seconds
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Ocher Small Charm of Thunder
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x185758b2
Lightning Resist +6%
Adds 1-18 lightning damage

Cobalt Small Charm of Vita
Item Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0x34349888
+20 to Life
Cold Resist +9%

Serpent's Small Charm of Vita
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0xec857b05
+20 to Life
+17 to Mana

Ocher Small Charm
Item Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xec911bed
Lightning Resist +7%

Russet Small Charm
Item Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x23c88801
Fire Resist +7%

Garnet Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0xe6115dca
Fire Resist +9%

Shimmering Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf6aca9c4
All Resistances +5

Snake's Small Charm of Storms
Fingerprint: 0x4ca279ed
+10 to Mana
Adds 1-21 lightning damage

Toxic Small Charm
Required Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x92359532
+100 poison damage over 5 seconds

Fine Small Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0xaf63f761
+13 to Attack Rating
+2 to Maximum Damage
3% Faster Run/Walk

Iron Small Charm of Storms
Fingerprint: 0xb6469cf2
+17 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-21 lightning damage

Snake's Small Charm of Storms
Fingerprint: 0xea7c6b4f
+10 to Mana
Adds 1-24 lightning damage

Fine Small Charm of Fortune
Fingerprint: 0xfba301c0
+19 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Sapphire Small Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0x980803df
+1 to Strength
Cold Resist +10%

Lapis Small Charm
Item Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0xb48a6808
Cold Resist +6%

--Merc--
Gulzar - Might aura.
Duriel's Shell, Crown of Thieves, Hone Sundan (Shael, Shael, Amn)

--Notable Finds--
Third character in a row to find a Gheeds while questing. (94/26/12)
SoJ
Magewrath
Aldur's armor
Guillame's Face
Expert's GC of Life (+1 Barb Combat / +10 life)
Forges were Io and Lum.

--Gameplay--
She was played pure bow from the moment I was able to get one in act 1 normal. Early on I played with whatever dropped, socketed bows with chipped gems, etc. Once in NM I started twinking on better stuff. I tried all sorts of bows that I never had used before settling down with a Lycander's and a Harmony on switch. She wore Skin of the vipermagi, Silkweaves, etc. Pretty standard. Ran NM Baal until about 75. Once in Hell she put on the full M'av's set.
FA was used extensively through NM, with occasional strafes to leech back mana. Once in hell, it seemed to me that about 95% of the monsters were cold immune, which meant allot more strafing. :badteeth: I'm sure it wasn't really 95%, but it felt like it!

AR was somewhat of an issue, thus the use of Mahim Oak ammy for the 10% AR bonus, IK boots for 110 AR, etc. It was tolerable in hell with ~82% chance to hit most things. FA had good AR, it was more of the Strafe that had issues.

Ancients were handled on the first attempt. Two were cold immune, so I concentrated on the third guy first, then just slowly whittled away on the other two with bursts of strafe. Run, strafe, run, strafe, etc. Here and there the merc or the valk would land a hit or two. Sadly I couldn't get them to concentrate on the merc or valk, they seemed to have me locked in their sights and ignored my companions.

She had ZERO deaths. Yep, that's correct, no deaths. Plenty of white-knuckle NDE's, and two S&E's to escape death. Most of this came in hell act 2 tomb type areas, with tons of cold immunes that were unleeachable, swarms of skeletons with those Horadrim Ancient types to resurrect things faster than I could kill them. Toss in the big mauler type guys and some gloam types and it was a colossal pain in the rear. My S&E's came from trying to just run past stuff and ending up in a corner buried under dozens of enemies.
Overall she was pretty safe to play, between the merc, Valk, Decoy and Slow Missles, she could usually just sit back away from the action and bombard enemies with arrows.

--Future Plans--
Well, I would like to change up her gear and use her for Pit runs or even WSK runs, but my daughter wants her to keep the full set. She'll likely play with her quite a bit, doing full boss runs in normal.

Originally posted by zaphodbrx on May 14, 2013:

Matriarch Farah, ImmoZon

Here's another quick mat while I'm still looking out for some cool frostmaiden stuff.

Fire bowazons are not popular and it's not hard to see why. I briefly experimented on immolation arrow as a backup ability before but found it lacking and had made a note to make a fully synergized fire bowazon sometime. Well, here it is.

LCS (Immolation, fire arrows )
LCS ( Guided arrow, strafe )
-though in the game I used GA on rmb

Skills

20(36) Immolation arrow
20(36) Fire arrow
20 Exploding arrow ( unused, just synergy )
20 Valkyrie
3(9) Pierce
4(10) Critical strike ( remaining here )
1(17) Magic arrow, Multi shot, Guided arrow, strafe
1 Penetrate, decoy, dodge skills

Gear

Windforce ( shael )
Storm mask ( +2 zon coronet socketed with 2 ias jewels )
Chains of Honor
Razortail
Atma's scarab
Ravenfrost
Bul-Kathos wedding band
Archers chain gloves of alacrity ( +3/20 ias )
Death track greaves ( rare boot with FR, LR, frw )

switch- cta/sigon's guard

inventory- 7 elemental skillers, some with life/fhr

Merc: Act 2 might merc - Andariel's visage, Infinity, eth fortitude

Readouts

Code:
Storm Mask
Coronet
Defense: 34
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xa8c593d3
+40 to Life
+14 to Maximum Stamina
Cold Resist +18%
Poison Resist +11%
6% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
30% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Cast Rate

Chains of Honor
Dusk Shroud
'DolUmBerIst'
Defense: 783
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0x8f593e49
+20 to Strength
+70% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 8%
All Resistances +65
8% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +7
200% Damage to Demons
100% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Archer's Chain Gloves of Alacrity
Defense: 8
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0xffed94a5
20% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

Razortail
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 99
Durability: 14 of 14
Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0xc68b0248
+15 to Dexterity
+129% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Maximum Damage
+15 Defense
Piercing Attack [33]
Attacker Takes Damage of 88 (Based on Character Level)

Atma's Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 60
Item Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0xa9e07602
Poison Resist +75%
+39 poison damage over 4 seconds
Attacker Takes Damage of 5
+3 to Light Radius
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
5% Chance to cast Level 2 Amplify Damage on striking

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xc6c4bacc
+15 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+232 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Death Track
Greaves
Defense: 19
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 70
Required Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0x85352526
+7 to Dexterity
+20% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +36%
30% Faster Run/Walk

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x58c3e187
+50 to Maximum Stamina
5% Life stolen per hit
+1 to All Skill Levels
+44 to Life (Based on Character Level)

Windforce
Hydra Bow
'Shael'
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to 513
Required Dexterity: 167
Required Strength: 134
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xf0a9fc4f
+10 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+250% Enhanced Damage
Heal Stamina Plus 30%
6% Mana stolen per hit
Knockback
+275 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)

Thoughts

What is up with that timer. No, seriously, WHAT THE HELL is up with that timer on immolation arrow. It makes no sense, ruins an otherwise quite decent ability and is both long enough to be annoying and short enough to not really be able to use other abilities in the interval. I guess, this is the main complaint against IA, and a very valid one.

Still though, with this type of equipment it was quite workable and I breezed through the game. Enemies would often die in one or two casts of immolation and it was great with splash and pierce, especially in cases where they would all line up to be nicely pierced and keel over to huge patches of flames, nice. I also used fire arrow a lot, sometimes during the timer of immo and also against single targets.

With windforce and atma's scarab, fire immunes were not much of a threat. Strafe was mainly used, but also lots of guided arrow and sometimes multishot against stuff like fallens.

I was briefly considering doing a slightly weird build using Dragon and Hand of Justice amazon bow, but decided against it, because a) I'm not making two HOJs and I want an auradin, b) someone had already done it in the Mat/Pat thread. Instead I brought out the crusty old windforce. Actually more like a brand new windforce ( apart from gathering e-dust in a stash ), since I had to shael this one and my other one has an RJof. Manaleech, KB and huge physical dmg is very suited for this build.

Hell progression

Act 1, players 8
Not really hard, enjoyed one shotting PI ghost packs with immo. PI/FI ghoul.

Act 2, players 8
Horadrims were a pain, specially fire immune ones. Radamant, I think was breakable PI/FI.

Act 3, players 8
Easy act. PI/FI Szark. Lowered to p1 in durance because dolls and vampires get on my nerves.

Act 4, players 3
Reduction in players setting made this act very easy.

Act 5, players 5
Witches were probably the most annoying thing. Slow missiles helped. Ancients killed at first try.

Deaths: none ( Nice! )
Finds: none ( Well actually I got a very nice roll stoneraven from meph, bartucs, soul drainer, ist from hellforge, etc. but these days it kind of doesn't matter to me. )

Amazon sept completion: 5/7

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High