Matriarch/Patriarch/Guardian Archive Thread

Originally posted by Crazy Runner Guy on Apr 19, 2010:

Pat. Immortal_King: Titan IK Barb

I didn't see one of these posted in the build compendium, so I'll post here to add to the general knowledge,

This character has sat on the shelf a long, long time. And I really like titan (or max dex) characters for their stat simplicity.

Pat. Immortal_KIng
clvl 81

Life: 1667
Mana: 276

STR: 445/511
DEX: 20/58
VITA: 25/25
NRG: 10/10

Res: 75/69/75/75

Gear:
Full IK Set: Helm socketed /w 74% ED worth of jewels; armor socketed /w 38%ed/+3STR jewel; Hammer socketed /w 2x Shael
Ravenfrost
77AR, 8/6 dual leech, +16 str, 7% LR rare ring
Highlord's wrath
Nothing on weapon swap

Charms: dmg/ar/life charms

Skills (+7 all)
WW: 20
Mastery: 20
BO: 20
Shout: 20 (completed with more recent skill pt. in WSK2)
One-point wonders: BC/Zerk/NR/Speed/Zerk

Merc:
Might Merc
Shaftstop
Reaper's Toll
69% Kira's /w fervor jewel

Damage (/w might; w/o enchant)
Conc:4169-7177
WW: 3831-6644
Zerk:4373-7816

Quick note on damage: The IK set adds a bunch of magical damage:
Code:
Adds 211-397 Fire Damage (2 items)
Adds 7-477 Lightning Damage (3 Items)
Adds 127-364 Cold Damage, 6 sec. Duration (Normal) (4 Items)
+204 Poison Damage Over 6 Seconds (5 Items)
Adds 250-361 Magic Damage (Complete Set)

So the numbers above should be reduced by 593 (min) and 1803 (max). Also, Enchant (when triggered), adds at least 14-20 fire dmg (assuming slvl 5). I am also doing double (physical) damage 50.47% of the time.

AR
Conc: 7523
WW:7368
Zerk: 8839

Quick note on AR: Enchant, when active, adds 56% Attack rating. I can't tell you what this boosted my AR too, but it really didn't matter too much in Act 5 hell.

On playing the character: I picked up this IK barb in the in Act 1 hell a few weeks ago after he had sat dormant for ~20 months. I did not have any deaths in hell, and none that I can remember. This IK barb is just a tank; lots of res, dual leech, plenty of AR, etc. The shaels are necessary in the Maul to get to 4 fpa WW attacks at the -60 WW breakpoint. With the gloves, I'm also at a 13 fpa Zerk/Conc.

I also can't tell you the leveling route I took, but I likely used a 235% Steeldriver and likely other customary combat-oriented gear to make progress throughout the game. When I re-started the game with him, I swapped out whatever rare ring I had on him (just a plain LL /w some +STR, IIRC) for the one posted above. It works well in this setting, and boosts my leech to 18%/16% - sufficient in any context. I also swapped out my merc's C-Moon eth weapon, Crown of Thieves and D-Shell for the above gear.

I didn't mind having only the amount of life I did. I think that people get caught up with using CtA that they expect their characters to be pushing 2K+ most of the time (I know I do), and I realize that there was D2 before CtA, and that we did just fine without it. I could have boosting my life by putting 2x Echoing weapons on swap, but I just didn't take the time. It would given me an slvl 30 BO instead of an slvl 27. Meh.

Baal dropped crap, hell HF was an Io and nothing else dropped that was notable. NM HF was, well, 20 months ago.

Originally posted by Cormallon on Mar 24, 2007:

Patriarch Baruk, the Immortal King

I just patted my latest barb creation, Baruk. He is level 84, wears the IK set, accompanied by a Raven frost, a Manald Heal and a rare ammy. I won't post complete stats here, he's the standard WW IK barb.

Some observations I made:

The Raven frost is really essential. I tried without because I had only one and that one was in use on another char, but it simply didn't work.

This build really IS immortal, as long as you can leech enough. Skeletons are a pain (and I got skellies in almost every area in A5 hell....). Besides that, you only have to watch for mana burn. Gloams ? No prob, even boss packs. With the BC / BO / shout setup, he can take quite some hits.

Berzerk can one-hit-kill most enemies, even with only one hard point. OKs can be handled by running up to them (ignoring every other foes) and take them out first (zerk or even WW when you are sure there aren't other OKs around).

It took less than 2 hours to get through A5 hell... for my playstyle, that is quite fast (played on P1).

I did a lot of hell on P3 or even P5, no problem. I could have done A5 on higher player settings as well, but I was in a hurry to finish him, I want to try something else.

Baal runs: sure, can do. He tore through the minion waves in almost no time... no merc resurrections needed. Ball himself took a few minutes, I didn't know what to expect and was a bit low on mana potions. I tried zerk against Baal... don't do that, WW works a lot better. Baal dropped a rune (rare event for me... only a Nef though), Chance guards (36%) and Jade Tan Do. The other pieces were crap.

The merc... A2 offensive with Corpsemourn, Crown of Thieves and Arioc's Needle. I have a Tomb Reaver for him in my stash, but he just reached clvl 84 and I didn't bother to s&e to re-equip him.

After all, this build is relaxing. He doesn't need too much concentration or playing skills (of course he needs the set, which might be a problem). I had a good time levelling him, and I guess he will go MFing every now and then.

Originally posted by @Cyrax on Jan 28, 2012:

Patriarch SafetyCraftsman

As some of the more longtime members here may remember I once patted a barbarian wearing only blood crafted items. Now it's time to present to you, his brother SafetyCraftsman.

One of the reasons it took this long is because originally I intended to use different classes and builds I hadn't used before (which are getting scarce) for all the different crafting recipes. This made my first attempt an amazon using fend. Offensively she was powerful enough. However both her and, more importantly, her merc were pretty fragile. By the time I got to act I hell I grew tired of constantly babysitting and resurrecting the merc. So I needed something more sturdy and with BO the barbarian was a good candidate. This meant the plan changed to doing 4 different types of barbarians as I already had 1.

With a lovely long two-handed weapon whirlwind seemed to be the logical choice. Just as for his brother I allowed him to make 1 exception on the only crafted items rule by using a raven frost. Later on I regretted that decision as I rather would've had a manaleech ring, but I set my rules so I had to stick with it.

Gameplay was pretty straight forward. Twink the hell out of him. When he could wear a crafted item that would instantly replace the twinking gear. This meant I pretty much rushed the first part (normal and NM). Had a few unnecessary deaths because of it. When I got to hell he held up much better than expected. Killing was slow compared to my fully decked out ww barb, but not unbearable and survivability was much better than I thought it would be.

I went through hell pretty much without trouble. Izual went down very fast. I thought with his amount of HP's and no CB it would take a while but he went down in like 3 or 4 seconds. This really surprised me as I only had 2 durability left when I found him and was sure I'd have to go for a repair trip before being able to take him down. In the end I still had 2 durability left. Had to be careful with the seals in act IV, but who doesn't.

When looking for the frozen river wp suddenly all the monsters forgot I had a merc and went after me. This was quite troublesome as those ghosts are PI and manaburn. Before PI's weren't much of a problem because with my long stick I could stay way behind the merc and poke them. But with them coming after me that was not an option anymore. So I ran and leapt until I had the wp and could S&E to get rid of that problem.

Next big challenge, and the one I feared the most, was the ancients. Had to do a lot of running before I could separate them. First I got Madawc in a 1 on 1 (or 2 on 1 I should say as I still had my merc with me). He was cursed and hit me pretty hard sometimes. After taking him out I waited until the amp disappeared, hoping none of the others was cursed. Next up was a whirl vs whirl dual. No dangerous mods so he went down fast. And of course the leaper. He had manaburn so that was annoying, but certainly not dangerous. Another easy victory. I really got lucky on those spawns. I used maybe a handful of potions.

Now I'm starting to think I'm home free. Got to WSK 2 wp without much trouble. So I decide to keep going and make the final push. In WSK 3 however I encountered some unexpected trouble. I ran out of money for repairs / merc resurrections! With only cash enough for 1 more merc revival I decided I'd load up on some gold as there was no way I'd make it with that little gold.

After breaking the bank (that was my last cash I had there) I could take another stab at it. All went fairy well. Even the 5 waves. Got a might enchanted Lister but was lucky enough to get them separated. They all went down. Only Baal left.
Knowing I had absolutely no CB I knew it would take a while to take him down, but nothing prepared me for what was coming. That bastard kept cloning himself so I was facing not 1 but 2 Baals. Furthermore as I couldn't fully upload on gold earlier, because I ran out on the bank, I had to be careful or otherwise I would run out again. Those repairs are expensive! This meant I'd have to go back to town every time he cloned and wait for the clone to disappear so I could face only 1 Baal. All in all this was a battle of will rather than skill. A matter of who wanted the victory the most. After about 45 mins we found out it was me. One of the longest (or maybe the longest) Baalfight I have ever done. But victory was mine.

Stats and gear:
Lvl 81

Base stats / with gear

Str -- 126 / 135
Dex -- 158 / 178
Vit -- 206 / 211
Ene -- 10 / 26

Life -- 1.115 (2.155 with bo)
Mana -- 151 (294 with bo)
Resists -- 75/30/75/41 (75/39/75/50 with bc)
Damage -- whirlwind without might 278-1.501, whirlwind with might 330-2.041
berserk without might 351-2.257, berserk with might 403-2.797
AR -- whirlwind 7.136, berserk 10.336

Skills:
20 whirwind, spear mastery, BO, shout
2 Berserk (future points would go here)
1 utility skills like NR, BC, find potion

Gear:
Code:
Hailstone Visor
Grand Crown
Defense: 152
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 103
Fingerprint: 0x57d2aca6
Item Level: 96
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+33% Enhanced Defense
+19 to Life
Cold Resist +14%
All Resistances +18
Lightning Resist +9%
Damage Reduced by 2
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Shimmering Jewel of Spirit
Socketed: Shimmering Jewel

Shimmering Jewel of Spirit
Jewel
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0xb6f0bb3a
Item Level: 80
+4 to Life
Cold Resist +9%
Lightning Resist +9%
Fire Resist +9%
Poison Resist +9%

Shimmering Jewel
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xb04215e4
Item Level: 85
Cold Resist +9%
Lightning Resist +9%
Fire Resist +9%
Poison Resist +9%

Viper Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0xa422e9d8
3% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +14
Poison Resist +9%
Damage Reduced by 3
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Half Freeze Duration

Glyph Coat
Great Hauberk
Defense: 940
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Level: 78
Required Strength: 118
Fingerprint: 0xa1bdf978
Item Level: 90
+87% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +29%
Damage Reduced by 3
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Half Freeze Duration
+2 to Light Radius

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xbce1b58d
+233 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+15 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Havoc Eye
Ring
Required Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0xbe26d241
+17 to Attack Rating
6% Life stolen per hit
+5 to Strength
+5 to Vitality
+3 to Mana
Damage Reduced by 3

Havoc Clasp
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 78
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x5fba9a08
Item Level: 87
+24% Enhanced Defense
+2 to Strength
+7 to Life
Lightning Resist +25%
Poison Resist +28%
Damage Reduced by 1

Brimstone Tread
War Boots
Defense: 69
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 125
Fingerprint: 0xc44b7be0
Item Level: 95
14% Chance to cast level 5 Nova when struck
+28% Enhanced Defense
+19 Maximum Stamina
Fire Resist +10%
Damage Reduced by 3
Half Freeze Duration
46% Extra Gold from Monsters

Raven Clutches
War Gauntlets
Defense: 69
Required Level: 52
Required Strength: 110
Fingerprint: 0x9f8e9ad
Item Level: 92
5% Chance to cast level 3 Frost Nova when struck
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+29% Enhanced Defense
+18 to Mana
Cold Resist +10%
Fire Resist +26%
Damage Reduced by 3

Dire Barb
Ghost Spear
Two Hand Damage: 26 - 270
Durability: 27 of 28
Required Level: 84
Required Strength: 122
Required Dexterity: 163
Fingerprint: 0x8b04ead6
49% Enhanced Damage
+40 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+1336 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
Adds 32 - 65 Fire Damage
4% Mana stolen per hit
+6% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 4

Pics of the gear:
boots
ring1
ring2
belt
gauntlets
armor
weapon
amulet
headgear

Merc gear:
Insight great poleaxe
Vampire gaze
Duriel's shell

Other thoughts:
- However stupid it sounds, if you want a safetybuild don't go with this guy. For some reason Blizz decided that only a few points of DR is enough on the safety items, while also putting items in like circlets of life everlasting and such. With only one of these I'd get about as much DR as three quarters of this guys gear combined together.
- Repairs are expensive. If you ever want to try a build with crafted items, make sure you have lots of gold on the bank. I had to load on cash several times.
- I wanted to replace my current spear with this one:

Dread Branch
Ghost Spear
Two-Hand Damage: 68 to 592
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Dexterity: 163
Required Strength: 122
Required Level: 70
Spear Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 91
Fingerprint: 0xf04133cf
+9% Enhanced Defense
+282% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 1
+6 poison damage over 2 seconds
10% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)

However I would lose the manaleech from the weapon so I needed to craft a ML ring in order to keep some. As the insight aura from the merc just wasn't enough. I crafted several I knew I would never be able to wear (lvl reqs 96 and 87; the 96-er is a nice dualleecher). Started crafting with a lower lvl character. This got me one I would be able to wear at 82. As you can see I also never made that lvl. Thought about lvling up in the pits before going through the rest of hell, but I was worried the loss of AR when switching weapons would hit me hard, so I stuck with what I had.
- All in all he did better than expected. Just be warned that when you're used to a fully decked out ww barb, he does feel quite a bit weaker (mostly on the offensive part).
- I died 3 times in hell. All could be avoided with careful play. Though the last was kinda harsh. Rescuing Anya i got those witch types and they started to shoot from all over the place. Mostly from offscreen. So my screen was about 3/4 covered in those red balls and while whirling you can't take potions. When i could take potions, it wasn't necessary anymore as i was dead.
- Don't know if i'll ever do the other crafting recipes. Took me 4,5 years to get from 1 to 2 (4,5 years, really??). At this pace i'll be done in slightly under a decade from now.

Future plans barb: Maybe someday i'll take him that extra lvl so he can use the other spear. Most likely is he'll just retire.
Other future plans: So many i can't even begin to name them all.

Hope you all enjoyed reading 👋

Last edited:
Originally posted by dutes on Dec 8, 2009:

Patriarch Ulfsark - Dual Axe Whirler

Warning: Wall of Text Ahead

The Background

Inspired by Fabian's outstanding AxeGoldie GF barb, and his thread on rune drops from the Travincal Council I decided to build my own dual-axe wielding WW barb to run the council (and others).
The name 'Ulfsark' is the name given to a type of Viking soldier who wore the furs of wolves and bears and were notorious for their tendency to go into a frenzy during battle (lifted from Wikipedia).

The Plan

A pretty standard WW barb build, Maxed WW, Axe Mastery, BO, the 1-pt wonders and enough points in Find Item to hit 50% for horking.

Skill: Points (with gear + BC)

Shout: 12 (16)
Battle Orders: 20 (24)
Find Item: 12 (16)
War Cry: 1 (5)
Battle Command: 1 (5)

Pre-Req's: 4 points

Axe Mastery: 20 (24)
Iron Skin: 1 (5)
Natural Resistance: 1 (5)

WW: 20 (26)
Berserk: 1 (7)
Double Swing: 1 (7)

Pre-Req's: 5 points

The Gear

Head: Arreat's Face socketed with 15/15 MD/Res All Jewel
Scintillating Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x7efee956
Item Level: 86
+15 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%

Body: 'Duress' Dusk Shroud

Waist: 8%LL String of Ears

Hands: Laying of Hands

Feet: Gore Riders

Neck: Highlord's Wrath

Right Hand:
Grief
Berserker Axe
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 54 - 159
Indestructible
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 128
Required Dexterity: 49
Fingerprint: 0x7844f158
Version: Expansion
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+38% Increased Attack Speed
50% Enhanced Damage
Damage +384
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+165% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-23% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+14 Life after each Kill
Ethereal
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Eth Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune

Left Hand:
Death Cleaver
Berserker Axe
One Hand Damage: 94 - 292
Durability: 23 of 26
Required Strength: 138
Required Dexterity: 59
Fingerprint: 0xb26aaee8
+40% Increased Attack Speed
295% Enhanced Damage
+12 to Maximum Damage
-33% Target Defense
66% Deadly Strike
+7 Life after each Kill 1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Carnage

Ruby Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x701fa9bb
32% Enhanced Damage
+12 to Maximum Damage

Ring 1: Manald
Ring 2:
Order Band
Ring
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0xd1af9bb5
Item Level: 21
+73 to Attack Rating
3% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Strength
+22 to Mana
Poison Resist +23%
Level 1 Charged Bolt (22/22 Charges)
<-- nothing too special

Switch: Twin Dual-Ist'd Ali Baba's (for horking)

Charms:
Steel Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x1dfb90f5
+115 to Attack Rating
+36 to Life

Emerald Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x5e96fcf8
Item Level: 67
Poison Resist +10%

Sharp Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x4362caf7
Item Level: 82
+10 to Maximum Damage
+68 to Attack Rating
+19 to Life

Sharp Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xaa89e549
Item Level: 81
+7 to Maximum Damage
+69 to Attack Rating
+36 to Life

Sharp Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8abb39ea
Item Level: 66
+8 to Maximum Damage
+63 to Attack Rating
12% Extra Gold from Monsters

Steel Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x6558884a
+110 to Attack Rating
36% Extra Gold from Monsters

Fine Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa4ecdb74
+1 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating
+1 to Strength

Tangerine Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Required Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0xd7d4356e
Item Level: 19
+1 to Strength
Lightning Resist +4%

Beryl Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Required Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0xfc43c26b
Item Level: 20
+1 to Strength
Poison Resist +4%

The Man

Name: Ulfsark
Class: Barbarian
Experience: 1385059540
Level: 88

Stats Naked/Gear
Strength: 115/139
Dexterity: 65/96
Vitality: 345/345
Energy: 10/10

(With Cries)
HP: 1569/3468
Mana: 97/242
Stamina: 499/1058
Defense: 16/8874

Resists - with Natural Resist
Fire: 180/140/80
Cold: 160/120/60
Lightning: 178/138/78
Poison: 167/127/67

The Help

Name: Jemali
Race: Desert Mercenary
Type: Off-Nightmare
Experience: 82716020

Duress
Embossed Plate
ShaelUmThul
Defense: 778
Durability: 30 of 55
Fingerprint: 0x7db1fdf8
Item Level: 64
+40% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Enhanced Damage
Adds 37 - 133 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
33% Chance of Open Wounds
+157% Enhanced Defense
-20% Slower Stamina Drain
Cold Resist +30%
All Resistances +15
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune

Shael Rune
Required Level: 29
Weapons: +20% Increased Attack Speed
Armor: +20% Faster Hit Recovery
Shields: +20% Faster Block Rate

Um Rune
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor: Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Shields: Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Thul Rune
Required Level: 23
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Rockstopper
Sallet
Defense: 182
Durability: 10 of 18
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x9e0fb3ed
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+190% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Vitality
Cold Resist +26%
Lightning Resist +37%
Fire Resist +39%
Damage Reduced by 10%

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 40 - 470
Durability: 38 of 65
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 114
Required Dexterity: 89
Fingerprint: 0x2f39059c
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
234% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (33 Frames)
15% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%

The Journey

Progress was steady through Normal, Khalim's flail, Angel's and Hsrus to begin with, swapped out for the 'Chieftain' at Level 19 and that did just fine till 29 when Steeldriver was able to come in. Dual Butcher's Pupils at 39 each with a Jewel of Fervor was enough to finish normal. They were both upped at level 52 and they provided plenty of power through NM until I could equip Grief and Death Cleaver.
Skill progression was simple, points into pre-req's, save up all extra points, max BO and WW first, then Axe Mastery, then enough points into Find Item to get 50% and then all remaining points into Shout.
The entire game was played at /Players8 including Hell Ancients and Hell Baal. It was actually still quite quick, a few deaths due to IM and overconfidence, only one due to a too powerful enemy (an Extra Strong, Fanat, Cursed pack of Frenzy Lords in the WSK)

Notable Finds
Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xef9654c6
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-4% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage

Nightwing's Veil
Spired Helm
Defense: 326
Durability: 29 of 40
Required Level: 67
Required Strength: 96
Fingerprint: 0xe836c3b
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
+10% to Cold Skill Damage
+104% Enhanced Defense
+19 to Dexterity
+5 Cold Absorb
Half Freeze Duration
Requirements -50%

Thunderstroke
Matriarchal Javelin
Throw Damage: 91 - 171
One Hand Damage: 78 - 140
Quantity: 37
Required Strength: 107
Required Dexterity: 151
Fingerprint: 0x74b7488f
Item Level: 79
Unidentified
20% Chance to cast level 14 Lightning on striking
+3 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+15% Increased Attack Speed
160% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 511 Lightning Damage
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+3 to Lightning Bolt (Amazon Only

The future

Ulfsark's future will lie mainly in Travincal although he's also likely to see some Pindle and Baal action, he can be optimised depending on where he's headed, (MF for Pindle, GF for Travincal, a mix of power and MF for baal)

The End
He was stacks of fun and very powerful, throw on Fortitude and his power would go up even more. The only things he had trouble with were physical Immunes and mana burners, even unleechables weren't too bad as long as they weren't one of the above, as i could WW away from the group, drink a Juve and then be back to the fray. Mana burners who could stop me from whirling, or packs of Phys Immunes who I had to switch to berserk for were the only genuine threat. It meant ghosts were particularly nasty.

Thanks to Fabian for the inspiration to build my own Whirly Barb for trav, everyone who contributed to my thread on HF rushing (which allowed me to get the runes for 'Grief'), Bassen for trading me the 1.07 eth Zerker axe which was my base for 'Grief' and anybody else I missed :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by DX-Crawler on Dec 18, 2005:

Patriarch Poleupyourass

Last night I MP:d with Wolfie, Aman and Baneatvar and I mananged to pat my Polebarb.

It was rather tough walk until I could use my 3s Tomb Reaver that I traded from Lord_Vega, it's socketed with a Shael and 2 Ruby Jewels, see if I can find anything better to socket it with. The only annoying thing with it is that it needs to be repaired all the time.

Tomb Reaver
Cryptic Axe
'Shael'
Two-Hand Damage: 146 to 667
Durability: 63 of 65
Required Dexterity: 103
Required Strength: 165
Required Level: 84
Polearm Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x80e43518
+345% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +39
51% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+11 Life after each Kill
+4 to Light Radius
80% Increased Attack Speed
180% Damage to Undead
+332 to Attack Rating against Undead
10% Reanimate As: Returned
Socketed (3: 3 used)

So here he is:

Patriarch Poleupyourass Lvl 86

Stats:
Str 155/190
Dex 100/142
Vit 255/304
Ene 10/10

HP: 2729
Mana: 256

WW Damage:1229-6069
Zerk damage: 1677-8323

Gear:
Arreats Face sock 15 max damage/11 All res jool
Tomby
Duress Archon
Soul drainer
Verdungos hearty cord
Sandstorm Trek
Seraph Hymn
Raven Frost 17/243
Rare Dual leach:
Dread Eye

Ring
Required Level: 46
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x7fab91e5
+72 to Attack Rating
Cold Resist +15%
6% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit
Level 5 Telekinesis (32/32 Charges)

Charms: using 5 sharp GC with various 2:nd mods and 1 steel GC 122 AR
This part is where I can improve the most of my gear and maybe some other sweet charms in my Tomby.
And of course I will use a Fort armor to get up my Damage a bit.

Skill placement was rather straightforward for a normal none PvP whirler

Max WW
1 in rest of combat skills except the dual weapon skills
Pole mastery 19
3 in nat res and 1 in Increase Stamina, Speed and Iron skin
Max BO and Shout 1 point in rest except Grim Ward

Remaining skillpoints will prolly go to Find Item and maybe the last point in polemastery.

Well see if I will take him to the battle arena or I will let him stay in PvM

That's him cya all

DX

Originally posted by GooberGrape on Jan 6, 2013:

Patriarch GooberGrunt - WW Barbarian [1.13 SC]

Another Pat with the Disciple set. That makes three so far. Should I go for a Disciple Sept??? :idea:

Cookie cutter WW barb, no surprises here. Used Double Swing/Fury until I hit 30, then rerolled WW and never looked back. Rolled a nice Oath Cryptic Sword (483 max) and dual weilded with Frostwind for style points. Dual Spirits on switch for warcries, Arreats on the head. I found a nice dual leech +AR ring to pair up with the standard issue Ravenfrost. The rest of the gear was all Disciple set. I love that set so much.

Notable finds: 3os Tomb Reaver, thanks Baal! <3

Playability is easy peasy. Hold right mouse button, stuff dies. I used Taunt for the gloams, Howl for tough boss packs, Berzerk for PI's, and Leap Attack for a poor man's teleport. Everything else was WW all day. Simple, effective. Things that give other melees problems (decrep, freeze, slow) only help the WW barb. I might turn this guy into a gold finder and HORK HORK HORK...sorry had a hairball there :p

MVP goes to...Reaper's Toll! My merc was a bad enough dude to save the President. Decrep broke most PI's and allowed me to WW most everything in the game. The merc also carried my only source of CB, which was plenty to shred Baal. Easymode.

Stats: (GoMule is blatantly lying, I was sitting at 75 all resists)

Code:
Name:       GooberGrunt
Class:      Barbarian
Experience: 629996021
Level:      79

Naked/Gear
Strength:   118/149
Dexterity:  109/164
Vitality:   233/233
Energy:     10/20
HP:         1103/1128
Mana:       88/134
Stamina:    378/397
Defense:    27/1456
AR:         530/28329

Fire:       149/109/49
Cold:       93/53/-7
Lightning:  101/61/1
Poison:     128/88/28

MF:         0       Block:      23
GF:         0
FR/W:       30
FHR:        30
IAS:        95
FCR:        0

Bash: 1/6
Leap: 1/6
Double Swing: 0/0
Stun: 1/6
Double Throw: 0/0
Leap Attack: 1/6
Concentrate: 1/6
Frenzy: 0/0
Whirlwind: 20/25
Berserk: 1/6

Sword Mastery: 20/23
Axe Mastery: 0/0
Mace Mastery: 0/0
Pole Arm Mastery: 0/0
Throwing Mastery: 0/0
Spear Mastery: 0/0
Increased Stamina: 1/4
Iron Skin: 1/4
Increased Speed: 1/4
Natural Resistance: 1/4

Howl: 1/4
Find Potion: 1/4
Taunt: 1/4
Shout: 14/17
Find Item: 1/4
Battle Cry: 1/4
Battle Orders: 20/23
Grim Ward: 0/0
War Cry: 0/0
Battle Command: 1/4

Gear:

Code:
Tome of Identify
Fingerprint: 0x926161a9
Item Level: 8

Tome of Town Portal
Fingerprint: 0xe8e16fe1
Item Level: 8

Key
Fingerprint: 0x813ba2ca
Item Level: 1

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x8725672b
Item Level: 13

Fine Small Charm of Fire
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x985cc59e
+1 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating
Adds 2 - 4 Fire Damage

Amber Grand Charm of Craftmanship
Grand Charm
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0xfd7bd710
+1 to Maximum Damage
Lightning Resist +26%

Sharp Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7a53411c
Item Level: 69
+9 to Maximum Damage
+64 to Attack Rating

Sharp Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x16367752
+10 to Maximum Damage
+69 to Attack Rating

Sharp Large Charm of Sustenance
Large Charm
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x81694a3a
+5 to Maximum Damage
+32 to Attack Rating
+25 to Life

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 85
Durability: 9 of 12
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x3c9e669c
10% Chance to cast level 3 Holy Bolt on striking
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+350% Damage to Demons
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%

(2 items): +150 Defense
(3 items): Adds 22 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
(4 items): +10 to Strength
(5 items): +10 to Dexterity
+2 to All Skills
+100 to Mana
Cold Resist +50%
Lightning Resist +50%
Fire Resist +50%
Poison Resist +50%

Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
Defense: 355
Durability: 51 of 55
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x443979fd
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
+194% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
All Resistances +30

Telling of Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0xf71aa2f6
+1 to All Skills
Cold Resist +18%
Poison Resist +36%
Attacker Takes Damage of 8

+2 to All Skills
+100 to Mana
Cold Resist +50%
Lightning Resist +50%
Fire Resist +50%
Poison Resist +50%

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xf6e6b944
+197 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Bitter Knot
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x6ddad85b
+115 to Attack Rating
4% Mana stolen per hit
6% Life stolen per hit
+6 to Mana
Poison Resist +17%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Credendum
Mithril Coil
Defense: 113
Durability: 11 of 16
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x39602b94
+50 Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +15

+2 to All Skills
+100 to Mana
Cold Resist +50%
Lightning Resist +50%
Fire Resist +50%
Poison Resist +50%

Rite of Passage
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 58
Durability: 7 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x732b587a
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+25 Defense
+19 Maximum Stamina
Half Freeze Duration

+2 to All Skills
+100 to Mana
Cold Resist +50%
Lightning Resist +50%
Fire Resist +50%
Poison Resist +50%

Fine Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb65d7106
Item Level: 54
+2 to Maximum Damage
+15 to Attack Rating
+1 to Strength

Dark Adherent
Dusk Shroud
Defense: 804
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0xaf878ad7
25% Chance to cast level 3 Nova when struck
Adds 24 - 34 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+410 Defense
Fire Resist +24%

+2 to All Skills
+100 to Mana
Cold Resist +50%
Lightning Resist +50%
Fire Resist +50%
Poison Resist +50%

Sharp Large Charm of Dexterity
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3c2d3644
+5 to Maximum Damage
+32 to Attack Rating
+5 to Dexterity

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Spirit
Crystal Sword
TalThulOrtAmn
One Hand Damage: 5 - 15
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xaf24a565
Item Level: 28
+2 to All Skills
+29% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+102 to Mana
+8 Magic Absorb
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Tal Rune
Required Level: 17
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Thul Rune

Ort Rune
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Spirit
Crystal Sword
TalThulOrtAmn
One Hand Damage: 5 - 15
Fingerprint: 0x856d6a3
+2 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+109 to Mana
+5 Magic Absorb
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Tal Rune
Required Level: 17
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Thul Rune

Ort Rune
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Oath
Cryptic Sword
ShaelPulMalLum
One Hand Damage: 29 - 483
Durability: 23 of 23
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 89
Required Dexterity: 99
Fingerprint: 0x4f5ed0fe
30% Chance to cast level 20 Bone Spirit on striking
Indestructible
+50% Increased Attack Speed
320% Enhanced Damage
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 to Energy
+12 Magic Absorb
Level 17 Iron Golem (14/14 Charges)
Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (20/20 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Lum Rune

Shael Rune
Weapons: +20% Increased Attack Speed
Armor: +20% Faster Hit Recovery
Shields: +20% Faster Block Rate

Pul Rune
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Mal Rune
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Lum Rune
Required Level: 37
Weapons: +10 to Energy
Armor: +10 to Energy
Shields: +10 to Energy

Frostwind
Cryptic Sword
One Hand Damage: 16 - 250
Durability: 11 of 44
Required Strength: 99
Required Dexterity: 109
Fingerprint: 0x8fed1d82
+25% Increased Attack Speed
225% Enhanced Damage
Adds 237 - 486 Cold Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)
+11 to Arctic Blast
Freezes target +4
Cold Absorb 7%
Half Freeze Duration

Mercenary:

Name:       Jemali
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 58087686
Level:      78
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   174/204
Dexterity:  139/139
HP:         1487/1566
Defense:    1103/2000
AR:         1826/1826

Fire:       162/122/62
Cold:       192/152/92
Lightning:  162/122/62
Poison:    162/122/62

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 680
Durability: 40 of 150
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0x25cf6d2
+187% Enhanced Defense
+98 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+15 to Strength
+79 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Cold Resist +30%
All Resistances +20
Cannot Be Frozen
+100 Maximum Durability

Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 21 of 40
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0x7e2a5f6b
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 34 - 410
Durability: 53 of 65
Fingerprint: 0x81dfe8df
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
191% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (18 Frames)
11% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%

Originally posted by GooberGrape on Jun 11, 2005:

Patriarch Halciet

Level 82 IK WW Barb

Equipped stats:
str 237 (enough for gear)
dex 69 (base)
vit 288 (everything else)
nrg base

life 4130
def 11978 (mostly useless)
WW: 2896-4791, AR: 11230
Berzerk: 3561-5730, AR: 13459
resists 75 all

20 WW
20 BO
20 Mace Mastery
~17 Shout (going for 20)
the usual 1-pointers:
Berzerk
Taunt
Howl
Leap Attack
Battle Cry
Battle Command
Increased Speed/Stamina/Ironskin/Resists

Gear:
full IK set (2x jewels of fervor in hammer, resist jewels in helm)
2x Echoers on switch (+6 warcries)
angelic ammy/ring
ravenfrost
random damage/skill charms

Might merc:
Bonehew
Duriel's Shell
Guillaume's Face

WW is silly, but the IK set is too awesome. I wouldn't recommend WW to anyone who doesn't have access to good gear. You totally rely on very fast weapons with OW, CB, DS...all those fancy two-letter words.

I love the huge life pool, thanks to base dex.

This was too easy. I strongly suggest getting ahold of 2x Butcher's Pupils socketed with Shaels. The game gets very easy once you can use those.

I tried using the Demon Limb for AR, but it got expensive, and I didn't really need the AR bonus once I equipped a few charms.

Hell is a cakewalk once you can wear the IK set, though you need to add 30 IAS in those weapon sockets.

Halciet makes my second class-specific set character. Next, Trang's necro.

-GG

Originally posted by grogs on Mar 18, 2007:

Golath, the Baal running WW Barb

Inspired by Liq's thread, I decided to give my trapper a rest and make a couple of melee characters to see if they can be effective Baal runners.

The idea for this Barb isn't new, and it's been talked about at length in IRC. Corrupted gets full credit for the weapon of choice, Oath made in a 1.07 Colossus Blade.

The build is more or less like any other WW Barb, with a little Grogs twist. I've run Baal as much as anyone , and from that experience there are a couple of things that I look for in a Baal runner, damage and safety. Baal running there really isn't a trade off between the 2, you need both to have a realistic shot at 99.

I'm pleased to say that this char would have a decent shot at 99. From his conception to Patriarch and the couple levels worth of Baal runs he's died twice, funnily enough both to IM in the CS.

Overcoming IM was the main aim of this test Barb, and I'm pleased to report that my initial thought of using leap actually works really well. See an OK, leap ontop of him, 1 (short) whirl = dead OK, leap onto the next one.

Finally, runs are a little slow atm, but that's due to the low level, I'm very confident they'll get much quicker than the 5 - 6 minutes they are now.

Here he is:

Golath Char Screen

Gear: (socketed with)

Arreats (39%ED/8 strength jewel)
Highlords
Fortitude Archon
Verdungos
raven
rare dual leech ring with +20 strength
gores
1.07 LoH
Demon Limb on switch

Main weapon

Backpack full of damage charms (+146 total), where there is room for some improvement if I get back to 1.07 for a bit.

Just to sum up, a really fun and powerful char to play. I would say that he definately has the potential to get to 99

Last edited:
Originally posted by Harrid on Dec 31, 2006:

Patriarch Whirlybird

Nothing too special here. Just a more or less standard spear barb:

Name: Whirlybird
Level: 85
1.11, SC, RWM

STR: 156 (155)
DEX: 121 (120)
VIT: 235
ENG: 10

HP: 2581 w/cries (1123)
Mana: 208 w/cries (94)

Resists: 25/58/47/22 w/cries

Skills:

20 Spear Mastery
1 Increased Stamina
1 Increased Speed
1 Ironskin
1 Natural Resistances

1 Bash
1 Stun
1 Concentrate
1 Berserk
1 Leap
1 Leap Attack
20 Whirlwind

1 Find Potion
1 Find Item
1 Howl
1 Taunt
19 Shout
1 Battle Cry
20 Battle Orders
1 Warcry
1 Battle Commands

Gear:

Immortal King's Will socketed with 2xIth (30% MF)
'Duress' RW in a Superior Wire Fleece (innate 10% ED, +14% Durability, 177% ED, 15% Enhanced Damage)
String of Ears (12% DR, 12 MDR, 7% LL, 170% ED)
crafted Blood gloves with +11 Life, 3% LL, 3% ML, 10% CB
Goblin Toe (54% ED)
Highlord's Wrath
Scintillating Ring (+15 all res)
rare ring with +51 AR, +21 fire res, +8 lit res
Arioc's Needle socketed with Shael (217% ED, +3 skills)

switch: Echoing Glaive of the Vampire and Echoing Glaive of Quickness

Charms:
Code:
Viridian Small Charm of Frost
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xc40f0ffd
Poison Resist +7%
Adds 1-2 cold damage over 1 seconds

Cobalt Small Charm of Strength
Required Level: 20
Item Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x9c6bcc63
+1 to Strength
Cold Resist +9%

Steel Grand Charm of Venom
Fingerprint: 0x665612c
+93 to Attack Rating
+15 poison damage over 4 seconds

Sapphire Large Charm of Balance
Required Level: 27
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x527bb447
Cold Resist +15%
8% Faster Hit Recovery

Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Item Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0x4547b0ce
+19 to Life

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xf495c29
138% Extra Gold from Monsters
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 11%

Emerald Small Charm of Life
Item Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0xd480c5fa
+10 to Life
Poison Resist +11%

Steel Grand Charm of Quality
Item Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x96f44c8d
+110 to Attack Rating
+2 to Maximum Damage

Mercenary:
Hazade, Act 2 Might merc
Hone Sundan socketed with 3xShael
Goldskin
ethereal Crown of Thieves

Well, not too much to say about this guy. 'Twas a pain to use a 3xShael Hone for all of NM since I was /p8 throughout it, and I did get a bit of help doing exp. runs in Hell Act 1 so that I could get my final weapon, but once I did, everything just fell into place. After that, I did Hell Acts 1 and 2, and the jungle part of Hell Act 3 on /p3 without any real difficulty, but then put it down to /p1 from Kurast onwards just to speed things up a bit. Ancients and Act bosses were no trouble at all. Died a couple of times to IM :laugh: and some nasty multiple boss pack groups *shrugs*. Honestly, I did not have much fun with this build. It was powerful, yes, but aside from refreshing the warcries and switching to Berserk against PIs, I never had to do anything but draw pretty triangles. Easily the least enjoyable cookie-cutter build I have _atriached so far.

On a side note, for most of Hell, I used a Griswold's set armor socketed with 2x Perfect Sapphires and an Ort rune, but when that Um dropped from the Hellforge, I decided to go with Duress (the only other runewords I could make with it were Crescent Moon and Stone, and I consider Duress to be more versatile than either of those). In retrospect, I should have made it in a normal quality item because the repair costs on it are horrible (something like 50k per durability point :laugh:).

So, that means I have beaten Hell Baal with one of every class except for an assassin now. I think I will go with a PSsin using Natalya's Set, since that is the only class-specific set that I fully have (missing one piece each from Tal's, Trang-Oul's, and IK's).

Originally posted by janooo on Mar 24, 2011:

Patriarch #3 - Trav runner

Let me introduce my 3rd Pat, Insane, my Trav running barb. I don't think it needs a detailed explanation why I made this char...the item find threads are full of HRs which dropped in Travincal, and it seemed like a nice alternative to LK running. Also, I didn't wanted to respec my IK barb, that's why I made him. Eventually, I started him after this post by scrcrw :crazyeyes:.

The Character:
Rich (BB code):
Insane, lvl 90 Barbarian

Stats:
Strength        : 195 (279)
Dexterity       : 190 (236)
Vitality        : 150 (170)
Energy          : 10 (44)

Life: 930 / 793 (1967 after Battle Orders)
Mana: 175 / 99 (347 after Battle Orders)

Resists (in Hell):
Fire: 75 (124)
Cold: 46
Lightning: 75 (109)
Poison: 46

Berserk Damage: 731-4460
Berserk Attack Rating: 9636
Whirlwind Damage: 631-3857
                  617-3801
Whirlwind Attack Rating: 8436
Defense: 4750

Skills:
Warcries:
Howl, Find Potion, Taunt, Shout, Battle Command - 1
Find Item, Battle Orders - 20 (24)

Combat Masteries:
Increased Stamina, Increased Speed, Iron Skin - 1
Natural Resistance - 7 (11)
Sword Mastery - 20 (24)

Combat Skills:
Bash, Leap, Stun, Leap Attack, Concentrate, Berserk - 1
Whirlwind - 20 (26)

The Gear:
Rich (BB code):
Helm: Arreat's Face (6% LL, 37% Damage to Demons jewel)
Armor: 'Lionheart' Kraken Shell
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Belt: String of Ears (8% LL, 13% DR, 15 MDR)
Boots: Gore Rider
Amulet: Highlord's Wrath
Ring 1: Rare (4% ML, 3% LL, 19 STR, 47 AR, 28% LR)
Ring 2: Rare (5% ML, 20 STR, 20 AR, 42 mana, 28% FR)
Main Weapon: 'Oath' 1.07 eth Balrog Blade (314% ED)
Off-hand: 'Oath' 1.07 eth Balrog Blade (307% ED)
On Switch: 2x Echoing Throwing Spears

Charms:
GCs: Gheed's (34/151), 2x Sharp (10/76, 9/76/7 life), 2x Steel (124, 120)
LCs: Sharp (5/26/5 Dex), Steel (70/10% extra gold)
SCs: 2x Fine (3/20, 3/20), 2x Steel (33/1 Dex, 32/10% extra gold), Iron (17/1-28 light dam)

I carry both tomes and the cube, 2x4 free space.
Here are the readouts:
Rich (BB code):
Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
Defense: 359
Durability: 52 of 55
(Barbarian Only)
Fingerprint: 0x1bfccc99
+20 to Strength
+4 to Energy
+25 to Dexterity
+197% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +30
6% Life stolen per hit
30% Faster Hit Recovery
37% Damage to Demons
+43 to Attack Rating against Demons
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Storm Whorl
Jewel
Required Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x22316bc2
+4 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
37% Damage to Demons
+43 to Attack Rating against Demons

Lionheart
Kraken Shell
'HelLumFal'
Defense: 511
Durability: 48 of 48
Required Strength: 148
Required Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0x430de224
+25 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+15 to Dexterity
+20 to Vitality
+50 to Life
+20% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +30
Requirements -15%

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 87
Fingerprint: 0x8d94ff11
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%
20% Increased Attack Speed
350% Damage to Demons
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Holy Bolt on striking

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 111
Durability: 22 of 22
Fingerprint: 0xb71a5538
+176% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Damage Reduced by 13%
8% Life stolen per hit
+10 Maximum Durability

Gore Rider
War Boots
Defense: 157
Durability: 33 of 34
Required Strength: 94
Fingerprint: 0x5e2c485a
+20 to Maximum Stamina
+191% Enhanced Defense
+10 Maximum Durability
Requirements -25%
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Chance of Open Wounds
15% Deadly Strike

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x4cd6cdcf
Lightning Resist +35%
Adds 1-30 lightning damage
+1 to All Skill Levels
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15
33% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)

Storm Spiral
Ring
Required Level: 66
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x75adfe2a
+19 to Strength
+11 to Maximum Stamina
+47 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +28%
3% Life stolen per hit
4% Mana stolen per hit

Viper Whorl
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xa6681a52
+20 to Strength
+42 to Mana
+20 to Attack Rating
Damage Reduced by 1
Fire Resist +28%
5% Mana stolen per hit

Oath
Balrog Blade
'ShaelPulMalLum'
One-Hand Damage: 91 to 519
Two-Hand Damage: 339 to 821
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 175
Required Level: 53
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x77baf0e3
+10 to Energy
+314% Enhanced Damage
50% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
75% Damage to Demons
+11 Magic Absorb
Indestructible
30% Chance to cast Level 20 Bone Spirit on striking
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

Oath
Balrog Blade
'ShaelPulMalLum'
One-Hand Damage: 89 to 511
Two-Hand Damage: 333 to 808
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 175
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x417b19a4
+10 to Energy
+307% Enhanced Damage
Prevent Monster Heal
75% Damage to Demons
+14 Magic Absorb
Indestructible

Echoing Throwing Spear of Vileness
Throw Damage: 12 to 30
One-Hand Damage: 5 to 15
Quantity: 80
Required Dexterity: 65
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 92
Fingerprint: 0xae60399b
Prevent Monster Heal
+3 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)

Echoing Throwing Spear of Frost
Throw Damage: 12 to 30
One-Hand Damage: 5 to 15
Quantity: 80
Required Dexterity: 65
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xbaacb970
+1 cold damage over 2 seconds
and the Charms:
Code:
Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcffa9560
151% Extra Gold from Monsters
34% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 13%

Sharp Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xeb1b6d49
+76 to Attack Rating
+10 to Maximum Damage

Sharp Grand Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0xc95ab1e8
+7 to Life
+76 to Attack Rating
+9 to Maximum Damage

Steel Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x65e50f2a
+124 to Attack Rating

Steel Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5b67bff6
+120 to Attack Rating

Sharp Large Charm of Dexterity
Fingerprint: 0x29187e64
+5 to Dexterity
+26 to Attack Rating
+5 to Maximum Damage

Steel Large Charm of Greed
Required Level: 44
Fingerprint: 0x6e4902f9
+70 to Attack Rating
10% Extra Gold from Monsters

Fine Small Charm
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0xa35cbdc1
+20 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

Fine Small Charm
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x97d0ce83
+20 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

Steel Small Charm of Dexterity
Fingerprint: 0x47882fa9
+1 to Dexterity
+33 to Attack Rating

Steel Small Charm of Greed
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xad18a9aa
+32 to Attack Rating
10% Extra Gold from Monsters

Iron Small Charm of Storms
Fingerprint: 0x7f410984
+17 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-28 lightning damage

The Merc
Haseen, act2 Nightmare Offensive (Might aura)
Helm: Guillaume's Face (Jewel of Fervor)
Armor: 'Treachery' eth Dusk Shroud
Weapon: eth The Reaper's Toll (Shael)
Rich (BB code):
Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Durability: 40 of 40
Fingerprint: 0x1bf43e88
+15 to Strength
+120% Enhanced Defense
15% Increased Attack Speed
30% Faster Hit Recovery
15% Deadly Strike

Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0xb28d5527

Treachery
Dusk Shroud
'ShaelThulLem'
Defense: 877
Durability: 11 of 11
Required Strength: 67
Fingerprint: 0xc2157fce
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
45% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
5% Chance to cast Level 15 Fade when struck
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 3 used)

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
'Shael'
Two-Hand Damage: 59 to 702
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 79
Required Strength: 104
Polearm Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xf1a97665
+233% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4-44 cold damage over 0 seconds
14% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -25%
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike
33% Chance to cast Level 1 Decrepify on striking
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (1: 1 used)

Questing:
Normal:
/players8 all the way. I think everyone knows how things going in normal so I will write something about the unique swords instead as I've tried out most of them with him. Constant switching among them was kind of frustrating, but I wanted to try them out.
At lower levels the one handed swords are much better (IMO), as they are faster and sometimes you just swinging the air with two-handed swords.
Hellplague is the first with decent damage for it's level requirement (22), especially after Soulflay. Ripsaw, Culwen's Point and The Patriarch were also good.
Among the exceptional uniques, Bloodletters stands out. I equipped them somewhere around late act 3 (Durance maybe) and used until act 5.
They gives a huge damage boost especially for a sword wielding Barbarian, and they looks very good.
I've also tried the rest of the one handed swords except Plague Bearer as I don't have those. Hexfire, Ginther's Rift and Headstriker were also good.
Among two-handed swords it was very fun to play with dual Crainte Vomirs. This sword gives 50% increased attack speed and 20%FRW. It came handy in act 5 which is full of huge open areas and I just wanted to finish off normal as fast as possible, so I literally run through on the rest of it.
I've finished normal at 43.

Nightmare:
After Crainte Vomir, the only other sword I've tried was Todesfaelle Flamme, which was also good, I used it until lvl 53.
Then I rolled my two 'Oath's, which cost me a grand total of 10 Mal runes... they worth the price though, 'Oath' is an awsome weapon. With these swords I devastated enemies in the rest of the game.
My first death came in the Drifter Caverns. Sirens and Souls were too much for me (alright I haven't spend any stat points in nightmare difficulty) :smug:.

Hell:
Switched back to /P3. The next 2 deaths came from the first two boss packs :whistling:. Then I dumped my unused stat points into Vitality and Str.
I got a nice map for AT running in act 2 (too bad I haven't used it).
I just rushed through Act 1-3 in order to start running Travincal as soon as I can. Here is the result. I thought I'll try to find something (HR ofc), and level my char before moving on, so I ran the Council for a few days and levelled from 80 to 90. After this, I thought I'll need a bit more resist for the rest of the game, so I've changed my Stone to a Lionheart (could've done this earlier).
The rest of the game was quite easy (at lvl 90 :cool:), Diablo and the Ancients went down without problems. The hardest fight in the game came when a nice pack of mana-burner Gloams greeted me and my companion warmly at the stairs of the Throne. Eventually, I killed them at the cost of some potions. Baal dropped nothing, however, this time I wasn't surprised by this because of the fact I've had 0%MF...

Finds/Hork:
Hellforge: El/Lum/Io
Normal: Tri-resist boots (readouts below)
Night: plain Sparking and Captain's GCs
Hell: Lidless Wall, Mavina's Caster, Mal (horked)
Readouts:
Rich (BB code):
Hailstone Nails  --> gotta love these boots :)
Chain Boots
Defense: 9
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x38e9bfd8
Item Level: 10
+1 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +10%
Fire Resist +6%
Poison Resist +9%
Repairs 1 Durability in 33 Seconds

M'avina's Caster
Grand Matron Bow
Two Hand Damage: 40 - 207
Durability: 33 of 55
Required Strength: 108
Required Dexterity: 152
Fingerprint: 0x52a5fb8a
Unidentified
+40% Increased Attack Speed
Fires Magic Arrows
188% Enhanced Damage
+50 to Attack Rating
Set (2 items): Adds 114 - 377 Magic Damage
Set (3 items): 10% Chance to cast level 15 Nova on striking
Set (4 items): +2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

Mal Rune
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7 Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Travincal:
For Trav running I'm using 'Enigma' instead of 'Lionheart' , and dual HotOs on switch for teleporting. With this setup, I'm losing ~100 life, and 15 Dex, but gaining 42 STR and a little damage and attack rating as well.
The merc wearing a 80% Res. All Kira's and Guardian Angel against the council.
Rich (BB code):
Enigma
Wire Fleece
'JahIthBer'
Defense: 1168
Durability: 27 of 32
Required Strength: 111
Item Level: 1
Fingerprint: 0xb282a2fe
+752 Defense
Damage Reduced by 8%
Increase Maximum Life 5%
+14 Life after each Kill
45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Teleport
15% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
+2 to All Skill Levels
+67 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
90% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)

Heart of the Oak
Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 36
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 31
Required Dexterity: 25
Fingerprint: 0xaf35d000
Item Level: 42
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +39
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges) Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune

Heart of the Oak
Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 36
Required Strength: 31
Fingerprint: 0xfac4f0aa
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +36
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges) Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune

Kira's Guardian
Tiara
Defense: 164
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0x277d6c8
+119 Defense
All Resistances +80
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cannot Be Frozen

Scintillating Jewel
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x6a31f2e7
All Resistances +11

Guardian Angel
Templar Coat
Defense: 805
Durability: 60 of 60
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x40dbbea
+193% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+15 to Maximum All Resistances
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+4 to Light Radius
30% Faster Block Rate
225% Bonus to Attack Rating Against Demons (Based on Character Level)
10 levels here netted me a grand total of 289 runes (1xPul, 1xUm, 3xMal)
- Um, Mal #1 Mal #2 Mal #3
- 2x other Tri-resist boots
- plain Fungal and Chilling skillers
- +6 Frozen Orb and +6 Fire Ball orbs
- 3 Trap skills/20FRW circlet
- 11%LR/18 life SC
- Blood Raven's Charge (grailer)
- 2x Shako
- Tal ammy
- 20@ Mara's
- Death's Guard
Readouts:
Rich (BB code):
Corpse Brogues
Scarabshell Boots
Defense: 58
Durability: 11 of 14
Required Strength: 91
Fingerprint: 0xadd7e86e
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +39%
Fire Resist +16%
Poison Resist +35%
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Loath Slippers
Chain Boots
Defense: 8
Durability: 12 of 16
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x37b7f74a
+8 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +37%
Fire Resist +13%
Poison Resist +19%

Cunning Circlet of Haste
Circlet
Defense: 29
Durability: 33 of 35
Fingerprint: 0x576d5e7c
+3 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
+20% Faster Run/Walk

Eldritch Orb of the Sentinel
Eldritch Orb
One Hand Damage: 27 - 75
Fingerprint: 0xbd25127f
+1 to Glacial Spike (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Frozen Orb (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Cold Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+29 to Life
Ethereal

Serpent's Glowing Orb
Glowing Orb
One Hand Damage: 8 - 21
Durability: 13 of 20
Fingerprint: 0x8ba4698f
+3 to Fire Ball (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Teleport (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Fire Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+17 to Life
+14 to Mana

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6428ddae
+18 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

Blood Raven's Charge
Matriarchal Bow
Two Hand Damage: 63 - 149
Durability: 47 of 48
Required Level: 71
Required Strength: 87
Required Dexterity: 187
Fingerprint: 0x95758f39
Unidentified
+4 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
Fires Explosive Arrows or Bolts
219% Enhanced Damage
227% Bonus to Attack Rating
Level 5 Revive (29/30 Charges)

Um Rune
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds Armor: Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15% Shields: Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Mal Rune  #1 #2 #3
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7 Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 110
Durability: 8 of 12
Fingerprint: 0x79f106c
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +2
+112 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+112 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Damage Reduced by 10%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 133
Durability: 11 of 12
Fingerprint: 0xccd12621
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +2
Damage Reduced by 10%

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x100f74ba
Unidentified
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 3 - 32 Lightning Damage
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Set (4 items): +10% Faster Cast Rate

Nature's Peace
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x3267198d
Unidentified
Prevent Monster Heal
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
Poison Resist +28%
Damage Reduced by 8
Level 5 Oak Sage (27/27 Charges)

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xc1a58319
Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +21

Death's Guard
Sash
Defense: 22
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0xea4dd1e3
Unidentified
+20 Defense
Cannot Be Frozen Set (2 items): Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%

Doom Emblem
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x77c10d65
Unidentified
8% Mana stolen per hit
All Resistances +14
Poison Resist +40%
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Comparing these to others' results, it's nothing... I've bought two Zweihanders earlier for future Griefs because I thought HRs will raining once I start running the Council. But now, I'm not sure if I will ever use them. We'll see.

Thoughts:
This guy killed faster then the IK barb but that was much safer.
As you can see, I finished the game with 200 points in Vitality. I've respecced him since then, and dumped points into Dexterity instead of Vit. I have 500 less life now, but I hit much more, and while I also have less points in Strenght, it seems that I can kill the Council faster now. I've had 74% chance to hit before respec and have 82% now. So far so good.

Future: I will beat the Council to death. :yes:
I'm thinking about changing his gear a bit and add a little more MF somehow, since pretty much the two Shakos were the only unique stuff I've found with him. At least I could use some facets if I can't get high runes. Maybe a War Travs instead the Gores, dunno.

- to Fabian of course for his award-winning guide.
- to LongingForDeath for the swords
Also, I traded the runes for my Enigma with them so thanks again for that too.
- to you for reading this.
Comments, suggestions are welcome!
👋

Last edited:
Originally posted by janooo on Dec 3, 2010:

Patriarch #2 - Titan IK Barb

Hello everyone! Let me introduce Kathan, my titan IK whirlwinder. He is my 3rd Pat/Mat after restart.

The Character:

Character name : Kathan
Character type : Barbarian
Character level : 88
Character exp : 1471867397

Stats:

Strength : 480 (525)
Energy : 10
Dexterity : 20 (50)
Vitality : 25
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 6

Life : 725 / 289 (1653 after BO)
Mana : 97 / 97 (221 after BO)

Resists (in Hell):
Fire: 75
Cold: 74
Lightning: 75
Poison: 74

Concentrate Damage: 3443-5444 (3952-6143 with Might)
Concentrate Attack Rating: 13604
Whirlwind Damage: 3099-4970 (3607-5669)
Whirlwind Attack Rating: 13459
Defense: 13482

Skills:

Warcries:
Howl - 1
Find Potion - 1
Taunt - 1
Shout - 20 (32)
Find Item - 1 (13)
Battle Cry - 1
Battle Orders - 20 (32)
Battle Command - 1 (13)

Combat Masteries:
Mace Mastery - 20 (26)
Iron Skin - 1 (7)
Natural Resistance - 1 (7)

Combat Skills:
Bash - 1
Leap - 1
Stun - 1
Leap Attack - 1
Concentrate - 1
Whirlwind - 20 (28)

The Gear:
Helm: IK Will (2xPTopazed)
Armor: IKSC (PTopazed)
Gloves: IK Forge
Belt: IK Detail
Boots: IK Pillar
Weapon: IK Stone Crusher (2xShael)
Amulet: Angelic Wings
Rings: 2x Angelic Halo
On Switch: 2x Echoing Glaive
Here are the readouts if anyone interested:
Code:
Immortal King's Will
Avenger Guard
Defense: 163
Durability: 54 of 55
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0xb2899745
+125 Defense
37% Extra Gold from Monsters
**% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+4 to Light Radius
+2 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Avenger Guard

24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Required Level: 18

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Avenger Guard

Immortal King's Soul Cage
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1301
Durability: 54 of 60
Required Strength: 232
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x545314a9
+400 Defense
Poison Resist +50%
5% Chance to cast Level 5 Enchant when struck

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
25% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +40%
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
+50% Enhanced Defense

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Sacred Armor

Immortal King's Forge
War Gauntlets
Defense: 117
Durability: 20 of 24
Fingerprint: 0xdf164bc2
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+65 Defense
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Charged Bolt when struck

25% Increased Attack Speed
+120 Defense
10% Life stolen per hit
10% Mana stolen per hit
Freezes Target +2

Immortal King's Detail
War Belt
Defense: 142
Fingerprint: 0x58c1a8e4
+25 to Strength
+36 Defense
Fire Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +31%

+105 Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
+100% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 20%
+2 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

Immortal King's Pillar
War Boots
Defense: 127
Fingerprint: 0x88d83f98
+44 to Life
+110 to Attack Rating
+75 Defense
40% Faster Run/Walk

25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+160 Defense
Half Freeze Duration

Immortal King's Stone Crusher
Ogre Maul
'ShaelShael'
Two-Hand Damage: 231 to 318
Required Strength: 225
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xfdc50c1b
+200% Enhanced Damage
80% Increased Attack Speed
200% Damage to Demons
350% Damage to Undead
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Indestructible

Adds 211-397 fire damage
Adds 7-477 lightning damage
Adds 127-364 cold damage over 6 seconds
+204 poison damage over 6 seconds
Adds 250-361 magic damage

Socketed (2: 2 used)

Shael Rune
Inserted into a Ogre Maul

Shael Rune
Inserted into a Ogre Maul

Angelic Wings
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x5ca5c226
+3 to Light Radius
20% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

+75 to Life
+1 to All Skill Levels

Angelic Halo
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x2cf35c92
+20 to Life
Replenish Life +6

+1056 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Angelic Halo
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x7fdffdeb
+20 to Life
Replenish Life +6

+1056 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Echoing Glaive
Throw Damage: 16 to 22
One-Hand Damage: 5 to 17
Quantity: 40
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 52
Javelin Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x1d247ac4

Echoing Glaive
Throw Damage: 16 to 22
One-Hand Damage: 5 to 17
Quantity: 40
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 52
Javelin Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xb6ec5088
Charms:
Code:
Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xcffa9560
151% Extra Gold from Monsters
34% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 13%

Sounding Grand Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x2139afa7
+29 to Life
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)

Sounding Grand Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0xb893a3f8
+22 to Life

Sounding Grand Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0x7b66b186
+20 to Life

Sapphire Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xf1ace5fa
+16 to Life
Cold Resist +10%

Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xd0f9556d
+20 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x22c10e74
+20 to Life
The Merc:
Jemali, Nightmare offensive (Might aura)
Helm: Guillaume's Face (Jewel of Fervor)
Armor: 'Treachery' Diamond Mail
Weapon: The Reaper's Toll (Shael)
Code:
Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Fingerprint: 0xa488f629
+15 to Strength
+120% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
15% Deadly Strike

Jewel of Fervor
Item Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0xb99250d

Treachery
Diamond Mail
'ShaelThulLem'
Defense: 999
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Strength: 121
Required Level: 54
Fingerprint: 0x3368eb0f
Cold Resist +30%
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 3 used)

Shael Rune
Inserted into a Diamond Mail

20% Faster Hit Recovery

Thul Rune

Cold Resist +30%

Lem Rune

Required Level: 43

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
'Shael'
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to 420
Durability: 65 of 65
Fingerprint: 0xed560c27
+198% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4-44 cold damage over 2 seconds
12% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -25%
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike

Shael Rune
Inserted into a Thresher

I always wanted to try the IK Barb, but never used Atma/Gomule before this year. With the help of these I was finally able to collect/trade the whole set. Also it was the first time when I tried Whirlwind (played several Frenzier/Singer barb before but no WW-er), and now I understand why it is so popular.

Questing:
Normal: /p8. This guy was a great opportunity for me to try some lowlvl twinking gear. I put on the pieces of the set, Bonesnap, then Steeldriver then upped Steeldriver as soon as I could. I equipped the Angelic amu/ring combo at lvl 12, the other ring was a Manald Heal for mana leech, I used it until lvl76. Leveling was pretty fast, however I died once in CS when I came across a huge mana burn Venom Lord/OK pack, which made short work of the Barb (was lvl29 so no WW yet, and forgot to drink a potion:). The rest of Normal went fast.

Nightmare: /p8 also. I had no problem here, it went faster than normal, and never died once. The most interesting thing happened in Act 1 when I made a 'Stone' Boneweave for him, then a few seconds later I equipped the IK Will and put the two Topaz into the sockets...

Hell: I finished Nightmare at lvl76, so I immediately equipped the rest of the set at the beginning of Hell. I also put my worst Reaper's on the merc just for the Decrep. I started on /p8 here too, but it went really slow. The battle with Griswold took at least 10 minutes, then a pack of champion archers killed me in Countess' tower so I switched back at first to /p7, then to /p5 and I chose to finish the rest of the game with this setting. I did full clear with him except in those places which I don't like. With this guy, I was finally able to enjoy even the Maggot Lair and Arcane Sanctuary. The Act Bosses were quite easy, although Meph almost killed me because I forgot to cast BO:) The Ancients spawned with nasty mods like extra strong, cursed, 2 of them were fire enchanted, but it didn't took more than 2 minutes to kill them. The merc (the Decrep) and the fact I was lvl86-87 helped a lot here. The real trouble came in WSK. After 2 quick deaths to these and these guys I was thinking about respecing to full vita, but I'm glad I didn't do that. I had to S&E though as there were no chance to separate the packs or retrieve my body...Here is what I've found on the next try:D The waves were easy except the second, they almost killed me, the rest were no problem. Baal dropped nothing.

Finds/Hork:
I've found nothing until Act 4 Hell (Frostwind), but after that dropped, something has changed:D
Hellforge: Ral/Hel/Lum
- Felloak
- In Hell Mausoleum I've found a pair of unique greaves then horked a unique light plate off the very same monster...
- Frostwind (grailer)
- Shako
- Telling of Beads (grailer)
- Tal Rasha's Guardianship (in fact, I've found the whole Tal's set with him except the ammy)
- Ist
- Taebaek's Glory (grailer)
- Ist #2
- Shimmering Jewel of Fervor (7%allres)
- Rainbow Ring of Fortune (25%MF/allres11%)
- Ruby Small Charm of Balance (11%FR)
Code:
Frostwind 
Cryptic Sword 
One Hand Damage: 15 - 240 
Durability: 35 of 44 
Required Strength: 99 
Required Dexterity: 109 
Fingerprint: 0x588376cd 
Unidentified 
+25% Increased Attack Speed 
212% Enhanced Damage 
Adds 237 - 486 Cold Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames) 
+12 to Arctic Blast 
Freezes target +4 
Cold Absorb 12% 
Half Freeze Duration 

Harlequin Crest 
Shako 
Fingerprint: 0x16e1c77f 
Unidentified 
+2 to All Skills 
All Stats +2 
Damage Reduced by 10% 

Telling of Beads 
Amulet 
Fingerprint: 0x86f390ef 
+1 to All Skills 
Cold Resist +18% 
Poison Resist +41% 
Attacker Takes Damage of 10 

Tal Rasha's Guardianship 
Lacquered Plate 
Defense: 857 
Durability: 52 of 55 
Required Level: 71 
Required Strength: 84 
Fingerprint: 0xb3836ab5 
Unidentified 
+400 Defense 
Cold Resist +40% 
Lightning Resist +40% 
Fire Resist +40% 
Magic Damage Reduced by 15 
88% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 
Requirements -60% Set (2 items): +10% Faster Cast Rate  

Taebaek's Glory 
Ward 
Defense: 219 
Chance to Block: 49 
Durability: 90 of 100 
Required Level: 81 
Required Strength: 185 
Fingerprint: 0xca77055c 
Unidentified 
Indestructible 
+30% Faster Block Rate 
25% Increased Chance of Blocking 
+50 Defense 
+100 to Mana 
Lightning Resist +30% 
Attacker Takes Damage of 30  

Ist Rune 
Required Level: 51 
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 

Shimmering Jewel of Fervor 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0xc839bb5 
Unidentified 
+15% Increased Attack Speed 
Cold Resist +7% 
Lightning Resist +7% 
Fire Resist +7% 
Poison Resist +7% 

Rainbow Ring of Fortune 
Ring 
Fingerprint: 0xedca920f 
Unidentified 
All Resistances +11 
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 

Ruby Small Charm of Balance 
Small Charm 
Fingerprint: 0xcab5ea83 
Unidentified 
+5% Faster Hit Recovery 
Fire Resist +11%
Thoughts:
There are 2 real threats to this guy: unleechables and mana burners. I managed to kill double bosspacks of Frenzytaurs multiple times with very nasty mods or the Council on /p7 as long as I could leech. I can imagine the full vita IK barb could be a very safe character with 3-4k(?) life.

Thanks: I would like to say thanks to all the people who made this build possible to me:
Cold493 - for this great guide
frozzzen, nulio, BuFa, jDer and AshmerAmadeus for trading/giving me: IKSC, the skillers and IK Will

Future:
I have no idea. I would like to run something with him, without respeccing or gear change. Any ideas? He can run Pindle, or the Council but the corpses shattering because of the freezing target mod on the gloves. Maybe I should try running Baal?
Suggestions, comments welcome.
Thanks for reading! 👋

Originally posted by Jason Maher on Oct 23, 2010:

Patriarch Bob the Trav Running Whirler

Having recently discovered the wonder of multi-player, I have completed a character I started a while back: a Whirlwind Barb, designed to run Travincal for roonz. A pretty standard character that I loved until I hit Hell A5 and a truckload of PIs, unleachables, and mana-burners. A Whirler is highly dependent on leech (due to WW's insane mana cost), so anything that makes that difficult really slows him down. In particular, the sodding ice caves are chock full of PIs, unleechables, and mana-burners, including one of the Frenzytaur types (Blizzard not playing fair!:crazyeyes:).

The rest of the game was a doddle. Whirlwind works thus: spin and things die. Especially with two 1.07 eth Oath BAs and a Fort (which I completed and equipped in Hell A2). Prior to equipping the invi-axes (you can barely see them on the character), I used a pair of Butcher's Pupil's, by now my standard melee twinking weapon. My bets finds were an Ist and a Gul, both found in the same MP session with FastEddie and TheRedMenace. Hellforge gave me an Um, which is always handy for socketing.

Numbers and such:

Patriarch Bob
Level: 85
Experience: 1,140,433,204

Life: 1158/2410
Mana: 199/412

Str: 244/266
Dex: 49/95
Vit: 212
Ene: 10/30

Damage: 1729-6355/1637-6089 (with Might and Battle Command)
AR: 4590
Defense: 10,857 (with Shout, Battle Command, and ctc lvl 15 Chilling Armor)

Resists: 75/75/80/55 (with 20% Cold and 16% Lightning Absorb)

Skillz:

20 - WW
20 - BO
20 - Axe Mastery
6 - Natural Resists
8+ - Shout
7 - Find Item
1 in all the usual suspects

Gear:

Arreat's (Um)
2 x 1.07 eth Oath Berzerker Axes
2 x Echoing weapons (switch)
Fortitude
Crescent Moon (dual leech)
Laying of Hands
String of Ears
Gore Rider
Raven Frost (CBF)
Wisp Projector (light sorb)
6 x Sharp GCs (total 56 max damage, 356 AR)
Cold and Lightning Resist SCs

Might Moron:

Reaper's (Shael)
Treachery
Guillaume's (Um)

Readouts:
Code:
2: String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 109
Durability: 22 of 22
Fingerprint: 0xf15569f3
+170% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 13
Damage Reduced by 15%
7% Life stolen per hit
+10 Maximum Durability

3: Sharp Grand Charm of Craftmanship
Fingerprint: 0x57893486
+49 to Attack Rating
+11 to Maximum Damage

4: Sharp Grand Charm of Burning
Fingerprint: 0xd53735c0
+57 to Attack Rating
+9 to Maximum Damage
Adds 2-6 fire damage

5: Sharp Grand Charm of Dexterity
Fingerprint: 0x743d8496
+6 to Dexterity
+66 to Attack Rating
+10 to Maximum Damage

6: Raven Frost
Ring
Item Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0x9a9a1ba1
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+218 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

7: Gore Rider
War Boots
Defense: 157
Durability: 34 of 34
Required Strength: 94
Fingerprint: 0xfdf7a49e
+20 to Maximum Stamina
+192% Enhanced Defense
+10 Maximum Durability
Requirements -25%
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Chance of Open Wounds
15% Deadly Strike

8: Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
'Um'
Defense: 319
Durability: 55 of 55
(Barbarian Only)
Fingerprint: 0xc5190836
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+164% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +45
5% Life stolen per hit
30% Faster Hit Recovery

Um Rune
Inserted into a Slayer Guard

All Resistances +15

9: Fortitude
Dusk Shroud
'ElSolDolLo'
Defense: 1374
Required Strength: 77
Required Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0x811c2c12
+200% Enhanced Defense
+300% Enhanced Damage
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 7
Fire Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +28%
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Cold Resist +28%
Poison Resist +28%
Replenish Life +7
+1 to Light Radius
25% Faster Cast Rate
12% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
20% Chance to cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+107 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (4: 4 used)

El Rune
Inserted into a Dusk Shroud

+15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius

Required Level: 11

Sol Rune

Damage Reduced by 7

Required Level: 27

Dol Rune

Replenish Life +7

Lo Rune

+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Required Level: 59

10: Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 86
Fingerprint: 0x61eaf8bb
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%
350% Damage to Demons
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Holy Bolt on striking

11: Crescent Moon
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xf3fd9b50
+45 to Mana
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
5% Life stolen per hit
14% Mana stolen per hit
-2 to Light Radius
10% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

12: Wisp Projector
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xa2a0c66c
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
16% Lightning Absorb
10% Chance to cast Level 16 Lightning on striking
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (13/13 Charges)
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (11/11 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (15/15 Charges)

13: Amber Small Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0xea7741f1
+12 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

14: Sapphire Small Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0xa23e22c6
+11 to Life
Cold Resist +11%

15: Amber Small Charm
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0xc10bea9e
Lightning Resist +11%

16: Amber Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc2de84e5
Lightning Resist +11%

17: Ocher Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x4793f7a0
+18 to Life
Lightning Resist +6%

18: Sapphire Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x6f1d99a6
Cold Resist +11%

19: Sharp Grand Charm of Craftmanship
Item Level: 36
Fingerprint: 0xc3b4f610
+64 to Attack Rating
+10 to Maximum Damage

22: Sapphire Small Charm of Strength
Item Level: 78
Fingerprint: 0x4c0a67b4
+2 to Strength
Cold Resist +10%

23: Sharp Grand Charm of Frost
Fingerprint: 0xa9e73f5b
+65 to Attack Rating
+8 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-2 cold damage over 1 seconds

24: Sharp Grand Charm of Flame
Fingerprint: 0x6fda4d9c
+55 to Attack Rating
+8 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-2 fire damage

64: Oath
Berserker Axe
'ShaelPulMalLum'
One-Hand Damage: 148 to 489
Axe Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x7dc20a36
+10 to Energy
+312% Enhanced Damage
Prevent Monster Heal
75% Damage to Demons
+10 Magic Absorb
Indestructible

Shael Rune
Inserted into a Berserker Axe

Pul Rune

75% Damage to Demons

Mal Rune

Prevent Monster Heal

Lum Rune

+10 to Energy

65: Oath
Berserker Axe
'ShaelPulMalLum'
One-Hand Damage: 140 to 466
Axe Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x12f6084d
+10 to Energy
+290% Enhanced Damage
Prevent Monster Heal
75% Damage to Demons
+14 Magic Absorb
Indestructible

Shael Rune

Pul Rune

75% Damage to Demons

Mal Rune

Prevent Monster Heal

Lum Rune

+10 to Energy

66: Echoing Broad Sword of Self-Repair
One-Hand Damage: 7 to 14
Durability: 32 of 32
Required Strength: 48
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0xdc79665d
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

67: Echoing Broad Sword of Maiming
One-Hand Damage: 7 to 17
Durability: 32 of 32
Required Strength: 48
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0xe0b72d70
+3 to Maximum Damage

Mercenary Items : 

1: Treachery
Mage Plate
'ShaelThulLem'
Defense: 225
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0xd46b410
Cold Resist +30%
20% Faster Hit Recovery

Shael Rune
Inserted into a Mage Plate

20% Faster Hit Recovery

Thul Rune

Cold Resist +30%

Lem Rune

2: Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
'Um'
Fingerprint: 0x18eae8ea
+15 to Strength
+120% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +15
30% Faster Hit Recovery
15% Deadly Strike

Um Rune
Inserted into a Winged Helm

All Resistances +15

3: The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
'Shael'
Two-Hand Damage: 40 to 479
Durability: 65 of 65
Fingerprint: 0xd276f28a
+240% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4-44 cold damage over 0 seconds
15% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -25%
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike

Shael Rune
Inserted into a Thresher

Originally posted by JihadJesus on Oct 1, 2010:

Patriarch Blood_Reaver - a terrible name for a Trav runner

I recently finished off the game with my WW barb and put him to running Trav. This character is actually the very first toon I ever took out into normal Blood Moor - and it showed, with about 15 in double swing, another 15 or so devoted to natural resists and iron skin, and so on.

With the advent of 1.13, I limped through NM using DS and crushing blow loaded to the gills, then respecced in Act 1 Hell. I'm glad I hadn't purged him - it's pretty cool to get to turn my poor newbie gimp into a Council slaughter machine. Finished the game and clvl 82, currently clvl 85 with the following stats/gear after Trav running:

Str: 186 (206)
Dex:100 (122)
Vit: 224 (224)
Energy: 5318008!

LCS says:
WW damage 235 - 3929 and 1335 - 3662 w/Might aura (5378 AR not counting AR to demons)
2761 life after BO
6k defense

WW, BO, Find Item, Sword Mastery - 20
1 'zerk
2 Natural resists (rest will go here to free up some charm slots)

Gear:
dual eOath swords (316% cryptic sword, 324% colossus sword)
2X echoing on switch
Arreat's Face(contemplating socketing for resists or AR/Damage to demons)
Black Hades (3X Diamond jewels, 158% ED/314 AR to demons total)
Laying of Hands
Gore Riders
String of Ears (10 MDR, 15% DR, 8% LL)
Highlord's Wrath
2X rare rings:

Corruption Coil
Ring
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0xea76e437
+1 to Energy
+9 to Maximum Stamina
+117 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +10
5% Life stolen per hit
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Nova when struck

Bitter Master
Ring
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x64812f04
+33 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +10%
Poison Resist +10%
5% Life stolen per hit
4% Mana stolen per hit
Level 4 Ice Blast (30/30 Charges)

Charms a few fine small charms, Gheeds couple resist all, and a couple steel GCs.

Not a whole lot to tell: cruised hell pretty well except act II ($*@&$ unleechables, hate Act II w/melee characters). Forge was an Um, no other big finds. Through the first three levels (82-85) he's found a total of 1 Mal rune and a Shimmering GC from the Council but MAN does he tear them apart. Only pack to kill him so far was extra strong/man burn/Holy shock with the usual curse and a vamp boss tossing in a Conviction Aura.

Originally posted by Johney on Feb 22, 2006:

Introducing Patriarch Ruhl

Just pat'd this char an hour ago so i figured i may as well make a pat thread.

Char name: Ruhl
type: Immortal King Wirlwind barbarian
Stats:
Str: 207
Vit: 282
Dex: 21
Eng: 10
Currently lvl 85 (close to 86)

Gear, Full Ik gear (duh) with two sheals in maul and 3 open sockets left (2 in helm, one in armor), angelic ammy + ring (for the AR, you need it with only 20 dex) and a ravenfrost. Also had a few +resists charms until i got the resist scroll for saving atma but after that I didn't need em. I also had a demon limb on switch for the enchant charges.

Merc: Act 2 Nightmare Offensive (I can't remember the aura name at the moment)
His gear was Tals Helm, Natalya's Shadow'RalThulOrt' for resists and Arioc's Needle. He died a few time is hell but overall was pretty solid

Thoughts on build

This character was even more powerful than I had originally thought he would be, with me have absolutly so trouble anywhere in hell. I only died once in hell (IM in act 4, didn't see it hit me) I was a bit worried about the base dex but the angelic ring/ammy took care of it for me most part (and i used the enchant from the demon limb on bosses). Phys Immunities were the most annoying part, because i had to switch to beserk and kill them one by one. The hardest area for me was the bottem level of nilithaks hideout, which spawn with two PI monster groups (wraits and PI succubus) and unleechable bone archers which caused a few NDEs.

Notable drops.

A buriza in act 3 NM (i think it was act 3, could have been act 2 or 4)
Hell Frozenstien dropped these, which i think are pretty cool but are probably not that useful
Wraith Finger
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 6
Durability: 13 of 14
Fingerprint: 0x519361a7
+2 to Dexterity
Poison Resist +15%
3% Life stolen per hit
3% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Hell baal droped pretty much nothing. This was the only thing i kept
Skull Emblem
Kurast Shield
Defense: 304
Chance to Block: 70%
Durability: 138 of 165
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 124
Fingerprint: 0xfe7bca34
+76% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Fire Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +58%
Cold Resist +28%
Poison Resist +28%

Hellforge gave me an Um (Hell) and a Fal (NM)

Overall it was a fun build. My plans now are to maybe get this guy to 99 (you may see me around in some WSK MP games), or maybe turn him into an mfer (but i can't really think of any area he could run fast) i'm thinking about making a trapsin, or i might attempt to baron by 1.11 classic fishymancer who's currently at lvl 14.

PS: Any suggestions about what to fill the remaining 3 sockets with or any suggestions for my next char are welcome

Thanks for all the help SPF and for keeping me interested (albeit off and on) in D2, and a special thanks to FrolfFreak for the helm ,i had to do a forum search to find his name, but he still gets the next ik armor i find.

Originally posted by jrlafrance on Dec 10, 2005:

Patriarch IKE (Immortal King Everlasing)

Introducing
Pat /Mat #4
Character name : IKE
Character level : 89
Character exp : 1544344473

Strength : 187
Dexterity : 40
Vitality : 303

Life : 3401 / 1403
Mana : 385 / 98
Stamina : 1593 / 458

LCS
Warcries
Masteries
Combat Skills

Gear:

Full IK set (obviously)
Highlord's Wrath

Plague Eye
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xe83a928a
+43 to Mana
+114 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +8%
5% Life stolen per hit
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Charged Bolt when struck

Raven Frost

On switch:

Echoing Hatchet
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 21
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Strength: 25
Axe Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x2b28698b

Heart Carver
Rondel
One-Hand Damage: 46 to 116
Required Dexterity: 58
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 36
Dagger Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7e7420c2
+214% Enhanced Damage
+15 to Minimum Damage
+35 to Maximum Damage
+4 to Find Item (Barbarian Only)
+4 to Grim Ward (Barbarian Only)
+4 to Find Potion (Barbarian Only)
Ignore Target Defense
35% Deadly Strike

Merc:

Act II Might

Skullder's Ire
Russet Armor
Defense: 710
Durability: 90 of 90
Required Strength: 97
Fingerprint: 0x73c86bf4
+191% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
+60 Maximum Durability
+1 to All Skill Levels
111% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 5 seconds

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Fingerprint: 0x8420122e
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
74% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
+133 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+133 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (1: 1 used) PTopaz

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 36 to 432
Durability: 32 of 65
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xa9638e0e
+207% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4-44 cold damage over 1 seconds
15% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -25%
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike

(With this weapon, it really made my job alot easier when decrep went off. For the first time in my D2 career (2+ years) I was able to do /p8 Hell Cow runs, and /p8 Pindle runs without the fear of dying. Neither runs are very fast, but I'm still alive!!)

By far, this was the funnest character I've ever done. The entire game was done on /p8. I didn't count, but I think I died maybe 6 times through the whole game (not bad for me).

Last edited:
Originally posted by kabal on Jul 27, 2005:

'Patriarch' TUB

TUB
Level 90 Barbarian

Skills:
Max WW, Axe Mastery, BO, Shout
10 points Leap
1 point BC, Berserk, and prereqs

Stats (with gear + warcries):

187 str
223 dex
439 vit
40 eng

Life: 5314
Mana: 596

WW damage (no merc):
1.4k - 4.6k
750 - 2.6k

AR: 14.5k
Def: 10k

75 resist all in NM

Gear (those who abhor high runewords may want to avert their eyes or put on their anti-l33t goggles):

'Enigma' Breast Plate
'Breath of the Dying' eth Zerker
'Beast' Zerker
Arreat's Face w/ 15 resist all jewel
38/15 Verdungo's
Dracul's Grasp
2x Raven (19/250 and 20/239)
Highlord's
Upped Goreriders
2x Echoing weapons on switch

1x Serpent's GC of Vita
9x Sharp/Steel GC of Sustenance/Vita
4x Fine SC of Sustenance/Vita
6x SC of Vita (+20)

Merc: Azrael, Might merc

Vamp Gaze w/ 'Um'
Upped Shaftstop
Eth Reaper's w/ 'Shael'

Thoughts:
Well I finally got the gear I needed and remade my PvP barb to be BvA. I took a while to decide upon the name too before I decided on TUB, since I am trying to make "The Ultimate Barbarian" (not to mention seeing "___ was slain by TUB").

In my title I had Patriarch in quotes, because I didn't play him all the way through the game. Instead I used my LF zon to rush the barb through Normal and NM and level to 76 before I equipped his final piece of gear (Drac's) and distributed his stat points. From there I bought a Might merc and leveled in the Pits for a while before pushing onwards.

Given the weapons I was using killing was relatively fast, but I soon switched the 'Beast' for a Stormshield as repair costs were starting to pile up. For the Chaos Sanctuary I used 2x Wizzy's on switch to tele around the OK's and hit the seals. Lord De Seis and his friends were pwned by a combination of Howl, Leap, and Berserk. Hell Ancients proved to be easy, as did Baal and his minions after I tele'd through the WSK and Throne Room.

Since I don't have a good internet connection right now, TUB is now running p8 NM Ancients. I figure this is the best way to simulate a PvP experience in PvM and to practice my WW technique.

PS: For those who don't know, TheUltimateBarbarian (affectionately known as TUB) was a former member here and somewhat of a mythical figure. When he first showed up he claimed to have a lvl 99 IK barb and when people pointed out the logical inconsistencies in his story his lies got increasingly hilarious and ludicrous. Eventually he "couldn't take it anymore" and left in a melodramatic huff...only to return and get banned. Since then he's returned under various new accounts, only to be banned again shortly afterwards. My description here doesn't do it justice, so I suggest anyone interested in having a few cheap laughs at some poor n00b's expense go look up TUB's old threads. :D

Originally posted by @Kitteh on Jan 4, 2013:

Patriarch Steve - IK Whirlwind Barb

I've done it again, flipping restatted my character, completely forgetting his/her thread. Oh well, I remember the basics.

Full IK; shaels in the club and ruby jewels in the helm/armour.
Approximately 3800 life
About 6k damage, although a portion of that is obviously elemental damage from the IK maul.
14k defence.

Maxed skills:
Whirlwind
MM
BO
Shout
1 in berserk and pre requisites.

He's now statted as a Baal running concentrate barb.

Really nothing to say... oh oh oh I have a screenshot of his confirmation of title, perhaps that will bulk this out and make it less... Awful?

Screenshot003_zps7545d2d8.jpg

Originally posted by LD50 on May 14, 2008:

Re-emerging from the shadows with a pat

Hello everyone, long time no see.. I've been away for a few months, I had some issues with RL. Nothing big, just graduating from university and having a child. :cool:

Anyway, now that those are taken care of, it's time to get back in business. I thought that I'd make a pat honoring my son (yeah that's all I could come up with), and the character is, of course, an IK barb. So here he is, Babyarch Veijo, the Immortal King (to be).

The details:

LCS

Character info:
Title: Patriarch
Name: Veijo

Stats (base/with equipment):
Strength: 185/232
Dexterity: 20/55
Vitality: 300/300
Energy: 10/19

20 Stat points left

Life: 1389/1734 BO:3641
Mana: 97/221 BO:454

Whirlwind AR: 6673
Whirlwind damage: 2426-4206
Berserk AR: 7865
Berserk damage: 3170-5286
Defence: 4275
Defence w/ Shout: 12375

Resists:
All 75 (and then some)

Skills (base/with eq):
Whirlwind: 20/28
Berserk: 1/9
Mace Mast: 20/27
BO: 20/26
Shout: 20/26
BC: 1/7
Find Item: 1/7

One point in prerequisites, plus natural masteries.

3 Skill points left

Final equipment:
IK set, plus:

Amulet: Crescent Moon
Rings: Raven Frost and a rare

Bitter Grasp
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xec83f7ef
+9 to Energy
+120 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +9%
Lightning Resist +9%
Cold Resist +31%
Poison Resist +9%
6% Life stolen per hit
+5 to Light Radius
5% Bonus to Attack Rating

Charms:
One mastery skiller, rest damage and life, mostly.

Code:
Fanatic Grand Charm of the Icicle
Item Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x9d47ade6
Adds 2-3 cold damage over 1 seconds
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

Steel Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0xc328e67
+30 to Attack Rating
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Serpent's Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 40
Item Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xa1d8a4de
+19 to Life
+16 to Mana

Fine Small Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x6e7571eb
+15 to Life
+12 to Attack Rating
+2 to Maximum Damage

Steel Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x1cff1a18
+18 to Life
+31 to Attack Rating

Sharp Grand Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x7cc36d0b
+31 to Life
+70 to Attack Rating
+10 to Maximum Damage

Sharp Grand Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xac98af10
+39 to Life
+54 to Attack Rating
+8 to Maximum Damage

Fine Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xba9f546
+16 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

Fine Small Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0x17d5b2f8
+10 to Life
+13 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

Amber Small Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0x41c795a8
+2 to Strength
Lightning Resist +10%

Serpent's Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x5d03a85f
+19 to Life
+14 to Mana

Merc:
Hannah the Rogue Bowmaster (A1 Fire)
Harlequin Crest
Witchwild String (2xShael)
ethereal Vipermagi

Finds
MF-wise, I think Veijo did pretty well. Here are some of the highlights
HF: Hel, Ist (This was nice, all my 3 previous have been Mals..)
5xSol, 3xHel, Ko
Felloak (normal a1:), Frostwind (grailer!), Tal's amulet
Demon's Arch, Duriel's Shell, Lidless wall, 3xIK belt:), Zakarum's Hand

Code:
Beast Talisman
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x9dfcd501
+12 to Minimum Damage
+6 to Maximum Damage
26% Extra Gold from Monsters

Ruby Jewel of Virility
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x5764a677
+6 to Strength
+35% Enhanced Damage

Emerald Grand Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x1bfa9cd9
+40 to Life
Poison Resist +28%

Discussion:

Veijo had to finish normal untwinked, I don't want to spoil him (too much). After I thought that he knows how to hold is own, I twinked him with the best I could. Hence, NM wasn't very hard. NM Baal runs until Veijo was 76 (to equip IK maul and armor).

To Hell then. I hit /players5 and it never changed, and there was no need for it, other than to speed things up. This was my first experience with IK barbs and boy do they deliver. I guess there's no need for me to go into IK barb praise-mode, that has been done often enough, but damn!

On p5, progress wasn't the fastest, but it was steady and safe. Veijo met some tight spots, but still died only once in hell, and that was right after I realized it may not be a good idea to whirl through a cursed dollpack.. I got familiar with ww pretty soon, but it was only in late a5 I really got how to best use it. Just goes to show how you can manage the build without any mad skillz. Fine by me :)

The merc? Yeah, a sturdy barb needs a hot babe to show off in the camp :) Hannah was usually dead, but got occasionally revived, the chance of amp damage from wws was pretty cool. I have to say (again) that it never ceased to baffle me how the silly girl figured I need her right by my side, where the war is waging, not, say, ten meters behind shooting away.

If you have an IK barb, you know how it is, if you don't, try it. I can't think of a safer melee build. It's just impossible to die with him, if you pay even a little attention. Basically the only thing that gives him grief are mana burners, but they can be handled pretty well with clever use of ww and if not, just use concentration. It's not like he can't tank or anything.. I may switch the merc to a2 defiance to get something like 100k defence and also give him a Reapers, which has been tested and approved with my zealot. That will be just unfair to the minions though, so not until Veijo is finished.

Oh wait, he is, now. :evil:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Sir Lister of Smeg on Mar 2, 2006:

New (?) bug and new patriarchs

I've recently been playing Diablo 2 again, and now I encountered something interesting (I posted about this on the bug forum as well):

I just encountered a very odd bug that I never saw before, after defeating Ventar's pack, Baal did not spawn Lister's, but instead took the portal to the Worldstone Chamber. I think it had something to do with the location of my battle with Ventar &co., in the bottleneck between the throneroom and the rest of the level. Baal did his laugh a number of times during my battle, whenever I whirlwinded back to the throneroom, and I assumed he had already spawned Lister. I turned out however that he had not. Has anyone else encountered this? This happened at \players3 in hell difficulty in patch 1.11 with the runeword mod (which enables the cattlenet runewords from 1.10 in single player and for the rest as a simple text mod does nothing)

Apart from that, my barbarian became patriarch, but I still want to take him back to take on hell Lister at \players3 or higher. His name is Immortal_King, which already explains his gear, further he was mainly whirlwinding, and occasionally switching to concentrate or berserk. In the last few days he even found two grailitems: Ondal's Almighty and Crescent Moon. Another recent patriarch was my paladin Zealot, who was of course using zeal with fanaticism. He also continued at higher players settings to the end, either players3 or players5. His gear was Azurewrath, a Spirit shield, Kira's Guardian, among others. Intrigueingly, both found Gul runes from the hellhellforge. I don't remember what happened to Zealot, but to my surprise Immortal_King managed to keep his moron alive against hell Diablo (at players3). The term invisible moron was also often accurate. Maybe I'm just starting to get paranoid, but I think that my only other pat/mat (I think it was Javazon) from 1.11 also received a Gul rune from the hellhellforge, so please confirm that I'm apparently just lucky with those runedrops.

In between those two patriarchs, I also started a druid, Furious. He is using fury and has become champion using the shapechange tree exclusively. He did however summon a poison creeper from time to time by using the Carrion Wind ring. Now I still need to level him to level 77 so he can equip my last remaining Kira's Guardian to get some resistances in hell, so far he's been using Darksight Helm for the cannot be frozen modifier. For the rest I'm thinking about giving him a silence weapon (thunder maul) to get his resistances high, but I'm not at all sure that's a good way to use up two of my three Guls. Other options are Stone, Gloom, Duress, Smoke, and Lionheart to get some resistances. In nightmare he gets by with non maxed resistances and is using Steel Carapace and an Insight Cryptic Axe. Any suggestions? Is it viable to remain pure shifter and not put any points into the summoning tree?

edit: moved the questionmark in the title from in between `bug' and `and' to in between `new' and `bug'.

Here you go, all the stats and gear, including the druid who is still far away from being a patriarch.

Character name : Immortal_King
Character level : 86
Character exp : 1222253538

Strength : 187
Dexterity : 20
Vitality : 223
Stat Points Rem : 85
Skill Points Rem: 3

Life : 1291 / 1077
Mana : 135 / 95
Stamina : 825 / 375

Howl 1
Taunt 1
Shout 20
Battle Cry 1
Battle Orders 20
Battle Command 1
Mace Mastery 20
Increased Stamina 1
Iron Skin 1
Increased Speed 1
Natural Resistance 1
Bash 1
Leap 1
Stun 1
Leap Attack 1
Concentrate 1
Whirlwind 20
Berserk 1

Sounding Grand Charm of Craftmanship
Fanatic Grand Charm
Gheed's Fortune
Small Charm of Inertia
Lapis Small Charm of Inertia
Immortal King's Will (socketed with two perfect topazes)
Atma's Scarab
Manald Heal
Raven Frost
Immortal King's Detail
Immortal King's Pillar
Immortal King's Forge
Immortal King's Soul Cage
Demon Limb (switch)
Immortal King's Stone Crusher

Mercenary:
Zanarhi (desert offensive nightmare i.e. might aura)
Experience: 77244244
Level: 86
Strength: 188
Dexterity: 151
Hitpoints: 1807
Defence: 2268
Resistances: 150

Duriel's Shell
Crown of Thieves
Insight (Cryptic Axe)

Character name : Zealot
Character type : Paladin
Character level : 86
Character exp : 1170300752

Strength : 138
Energy : 15
Dexterity : 136
Vitality : 231
Stat Points Rem : 5
Skill Points Rem: 5

Life : 1033 / 903
Mana : 279 / 142
Stamina : 470 / 380

Prayer 1
Defiance 1
Cleansing 1
Vigor 1
Redemption 1
Might 1
Blessed Aim 1
Concentration 1
Fanaticism 20
Sacrifice 20
Smite 1
Holy Bolt 1
Zeal 20
Charge 1
Blessed Hammer 1
Holy Shield 20

Russet Small Charm of Fortune
Sapphire Small Charm
Coral Small Charm of Greed
Amber Small Charm
Emerald Small Charm of Balance
Azure Small Charm of Balance
Azure Small Charm of Inertia
Beryl Small Charm of Inertia
Stalwart Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm of Good Luck
Fiery Small Charm of Inertia
Stalwart Small Charm of Balance
Bronze Small Charm of Inertia
Serpent's Small Charm of Good Luck
Shivering Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm of Good Luck
Kira's Guardian
Chromatic Amulet of Revivification
Guardian Angel
Dwarf Star
Carrion Wind
String of Ears
Gore Rider
Laying of Hands
Demon Limb (switch)
Azurewrath
Spirit (Crown Shield with 35% resist all)

Mercenary:
Leharas (desert offensive nightmare i.e. might aura)
Experience: 77217360
Level: 86
Strength: 188
Dexterity: 151
Hitpoints: 1807
Defence: 2156
Resistances: 150

Duriel's Shell
Guillaume's Face
Obedience (Thresher)

Character name : Furious
Character type : Druid
Character level : 74
Character exp : 404338422

Strength : 209
Energy : 20
Dexterity : 65
Vitality : 116
Stat Points Rem : 45
Skill Points Rem: 19

Life : 544 / 386
Mana : 189 / 166
Stamina : 253 / 248

Werewolf 20
Lycanthropy 20
Feral Rage 1
Rabies 1
Fury 20

Lapis Small Charm of Strength
Amber Small Charm
Amber Small Charm of Blight
Lapis Small Charm of Frost
Coral Large Charm of Winter
Sapphire Large Charm
Small Charm of Thunder
Fine Small Charm of Life
Garnet Small Charm
Garnet Small Charm
Coral Small Charm
Garnet Small Charm
Darksight Helm
Angelic Wings
Angelic Halo
Immortal King's Detail
Immortal King's Pillar
Immortal King's Forge
Steel Carapace
Serpent's Small Charm of Winter
Emerald Small Charm
Carrion Wind
Ruby Small Charm of Greed
Stalwart Small Charm of Fortune
Insight (Colossus Voulge)

Mercenary:
Zanarhi (desert offensive nightmare i.e. might aura)
Experience: 47416248
Level: 73
Strength: 165
Dexterity: 132
Hitpoints: 1317
Defence: 1968
Resistances: 135

Duriel's Shell
Crown of Thieves
Honor (Mancatcher)

Originally posted by lone_wolf on Nov 12, 2005:

Patriarch Zelcan

Patriarch Zelcan WW IK barb level 84

Stats: Base/ with gear

Str 187/232
Dex 20/72
Vitality 298/298
Energy 10/10

Life before Battle command and Battle orders 1784
Life after Battle command and Battle orders 3746
Mana before Battle command and Battle orders 133
Mana after Battle command and Battle orders 279

All res 75

Concentrate damage before might 2716-4467
Concentrate damage after might 3155-5071

Whirlwind damage before might 2371-3993
Whirlwind damage after might 2803-4587

Gear:
Full IK set

Perfect Ik will aka 40%MF sockeded with 2 perfect topaz for a total of **% mf
Ik Armor sockeded with 1 perfect topaz for 24%mf
Ik boots gives 25% mf thanks to set bonuses

Total mf from set 137
Total mf from all gear 230

Skills:

Combat skills:

WW 27
Rest 8

Combat masteries:

Mace mastery 25
Rest 6

Warcries:
BO 25
Shout 25
Rest 6

For those interested I will use Zelcan to run pindle atleast 5k times. I hope to be able to bring his total mf from 230 to 300 during that time.

I now have only one char left to mat until I can start the 5k project and that is Vera my pure lit zon.

The most ironic with this char is that as i was questing to save Anya earlier today a certain set Sacred Armor dropped for Zelcan.
Dont know what i should do with a extra ik armor.
But now zelcan atleast have a spare if his first armor gets to dirty:p

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High