LK Isn't as good now?

Yori96

Nov 28, 2020
I'm not sure if it's just me or how to solve it but in D2, prior to D2R when you popped a LK chest, runes always showed first.... (as long as you held down alt, you saw them before the rest of the stuff) Now, they don't so you have to actually pickup cash ect to make sure you're not missing anything... Is it just me or is this the case? Obviously the devs probably don't care or don't think about this but it's annoying me lol

Edit : Second run (I am streaming lol) after I made this post, found Sur xD

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's just me or how to solve it but in D2, prior to D2R when you popped a LK chest, runes always showed first.... (as long as you held down alt, you saw them before the rest of the stuff) Now, they don't so you have to actually pickup cash ect to make sure you're not missing anything... Is it just me or is this the case? Obviously the devs probably don't care or don't think about this but it's annoying me lol

Edit : Second run (I am streaming lol) after I made this post, found Sur xD
have seen streaks either way (lots of runes, no runes)

but I can understand wanting to post about it so things speed up a bit

have seen streaks either way (lots of runes, no runes)

but I can understand wanting to post about it so things speed up a bit
Actually the post was about how runes don't spawn first anymore and you have to pickup gold/potions sometimes to see, the edit was just a bonus that I found a Sur. :)

Reactions: abridged
lately i've been running LK and it's been streaky ... like, really streaky.

i've had the usual long, long stretches where it seems really "dry" and I've wanted to re-roll the map. But I like my current map so I keep it.

just today, within seriously 20 mins:

- I body pop a tal's ammy
- I log pop a Sur
- I superchest a Ber
- I log pop a Pul

but for what it seems like weeks i've found nothing interesting for long stretches.

for the record, I basically pop 2/3rds the map. I find that I basically get runes from all sorts of poppables and part of my LK running actually consists of gathering not just runes but charms and gems for re-rolling for skillers and saving rals/p ammys etc for future rolling of amulets and such.

To relieve the boredom I listen to the Joe Rogan podcast or Lex Friedman or tim dillon or whatever ... keeps me from falling asleep while grinding.

but to address your comment, I typically pop a superchest and if I don't see a rune right away (that flash of deep gold color) i'll give a quick run pass to clear the gold/pickup gold so as to clear some viewable area.

it's possible to miss items if the area is completely covered.

For example, when running the countess sometimes i'll clear the whole level for fun. those two rooms with all the gold laid out on the floor will actually obscure items dropped by the monsters you kill. You literally have to run around and pickup all the gold before revealing the monster drops ... that would totally suck if you didn't know that and left a high rune or nice item on the ground because you didn't clear the floor of gold first.

Did you change the drop pattern/item spacing to legacy?

This might be obvious or mentioned elsewhere but I'm mentioning it too here for people -

The item spacing option that is only available to be changed in the "online" screen affects games/characters created in the "offline" category as well. With "legacy" item spacing, items are dropped close together but slightly farther apart than in 1.14, and with "resurrected" item spacing items are dropped comically far apart.
Maybe that is the reason why? Changing that worked for me.

Did you change the drop pattern/item spacing to legacy?

Maybe that is the reason why? Changing that worked for me.
You just changed my entire D2R Life Sir, you just won the internet, how can I send you a bottle? I just did this and then ran a solo game and omgggggggggggg, I can't tell you how much better this looks! I don't need a loot filter anymore :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High