In response to your MLD Assasin Matt...

PhatTrumpet

Jul 18, 2003
In response to your MLD Assasin Matt...

I had this thing all ready just as the forums crashed, so here it is.

When I read the title and the author of the thread I expect to see a Kicksin build....

Wake of Fire is rather craptastic, and I'm pretty sure Mind Blast got a bit of a nerf in PvP for 1.10. Also, Tuc's were lvl 42 last time I checked, so at lvl 50 we're talking Cruels. Even so, melee Sins aren't what they used to be ever since Claw Mastery was fixed. I don't know if anyone's planned out a mid-lvl Kicksin, but lemme try to pull one outta my arse here (get your minds out of the gutter)... bear with me:

Lvl 47 (for Gore Riders? maybe 50 for Cat's Eye)
20 DTalon
1 Dragon Flight
1 Blade Fury

a bunch into Claw Block and BoS (I'm too lazy to look up BP's too)
then either:
max Venom for lvl (18 if lvl 47, 20 if lvl 50)
or max Shadow Master for lvl (same)

I'd think Venom would be the best route so you could throw around Ninja Stars doing tons of poison and respectable Crushing Blow, then DF on top of them and finish the job with DTalon. Now I'm sure some of you will say mass poison is bad-mannered; I don't see why it should be, I mean it's a non-bugged Assasin skill. Are any other skills considered bad-mannered? ... but anyway, for gear:

Guillaume's Face
+3 Martial Arts, Mahim-Oak or Cat's Eye, depending on lvl I guess
Dual Tucs
Shaft for phys dmg opponents, Lionheart for all others
IK Gauntlets
Dual Ravenfrosts
String for phys dmg opponents, TGod's for all others
Gore Riders

Pretty similar to your setup for the most part. You might just pump vit to a comfortable amount, say 1200-ish life, then pump str for extra dmg. Never tried it out though, maybe the extra dmg is too small to be worth it. You should also be able to get a few Martial Arts charms since they're in pretty low demand nowadays.

P.S. - What lvl are upgraded Gore Riders?

im thinking get to level 54 use boneweave boots
get dragontalon to level 29 for six kicks
get a good % of claw block
use guilama face for 35% crushing blow
basic soe + shaftstop for damage reduce
dual ravens or dwarf star if you duel people with fire attacks
cat eyes

im thinking only put 1 in shadow master 1 in dragon flight and max bos you get about 60% run walk and 50% ias
strategy is to overwhelm them with speed make them chase you so they get 1/3 block then dragon flight kick run repeat
get might merc if you like bm it boost kick damage

or
maybe try to play like a 1.09 trapsin maxing mind blast use fast cast items on switch then switch back and kick

From experience I know that any kicksin will have a tuff time killing people with 900+ life...most mid level duelers (like barbs) can get battle orders or a high level sage...their life will be above 2,000. Kicksins dont cut it

even if you used boneweave boots, your damage would still only be around 100pvp per kick (thats being generous).

I wouldnt reccomend making a kicksin at all. Spend the same time and effort and make a zerk barb or crush druid...they would probably be safer.

im thinking only put 1 in shadow master 1 in dragon flight and max bos you get about 60% run walk and 50% ias

I wouldn't max BoS, just get enough for 7/2 kicks. You could use the points in weapon block and get a more versatile dueller, who can block magic missile attacks (list of what's blocked by WB on the assassin forum). An extra weapon has much more interesting stats than any shield would add. Also you won't need to invest in dex for blocking, getting your life up quite a bit. You'll still be faster than most other duellers in your range.

Sip said:
From experience I know that any kicksin will have a tuff time killing people with 900+ life...most mid level duelers (like barbs) can get battle orders or a high level sage...their life will be above 2,000. Kicksins dont cut it

even if you used boneweave boots, your damage would still only be around 100pvp per kick (thats being generous).

I wouldnt reccomend making a kicksin at all. Spend the same time and effort and make a zerk barb or crush druid...they would probably be safer.

And if you'd get in crushing blow? 2 strenght claws, guillaumes, and something else (crafted gloves) you'd be doing CB allmost every kick. And remember, you've got DF, something most CB wolves won't have...

Add in 5 or so 30% ed jewels in non-weapon slots (guillaumes + 4 socket armour), and you'll allmost double your total % ED. This is a not so well known source for adding damage for a kicksin. If you're really rich, you could make some of them ED/IAS jewels, and get some damage reduce and resists from fade.

You could also use lionheart armour, and still get 100% ED, but other nice stats too.

So you'd get huge crushing blow (as much or more than a druid could manage) and at least 150 PvP on your kicks.

kardinaal said:
And if you'd get in crushing blow? 2 strenght claws, guillaumes, and something else (crafted gloves) you'd be doing CB allmost every kick. And remember, you've got DF, something most CB wolves won't have...

good point, but you want to use 2 strength claws? I think whitsands shield would help alot more, i dont have faith in claw block. I guess your right, crushing blow is nice...although it would still take MANY kicks to drop someone with 2k life...and chances are they will kill you first. I mean...going to level 54 to use boneweave boots also puts you up against Crazy barbs using cookie cutter arreats, shaft, string, high damage 1 hand wep and high HIGH life.

if you think a little kicksin can take on a 50% dr barb with 3,000 life, then you have some major ballz. I thought i was being gutsy going up against level 60 fanat zeal pallies, 50-60 sorcs and Mid level dueling 2 hand chargers...but i guess you would probably know better. Sure crushing blow is nice but 2 quick zerks could drop any assasin instantly.

oh yeah, dont forget who your talking to. :p I've made 3 kicksins so far. how many have you made? :D

Well here it goes and I doubt that Beast is low enough lvl req but fanat boosts kick dmg :). Also in .09 Shadow Master did some decent PvP dmg since her dmg was only 1/2 PvP. If it is still the same then I would expect she still does some ok PvP dmg. So maxing master would not be a bad thing, especially if you Dflight often. Then there is TS, well all I know is that I made 1 or 2 D-tail asns for dueling in SC(sadly that is where most my dueling experience comes from) and after TS my dmg was 8k easy... With the new boot damage I am sure it would be even higher! So I would not go dtalon and probably go a dtail or dflight route. I might play around in single player with the idea later on but right now I got class in a few minutes :).

oh yeah, dont forget who your talking to. I've made 3 kicksins so far. how many have you made?

1 PvM, and 1 PvP lvl 39 (deceased 2 days ago due to cockiness - never underestimate a lvl 48 telezeker ;)).

Oh, and while you were replying I edited my original post with some info that should be getting out. I can't keep secrets ;).

Edit (it was a 48 zeker, not 42, my mistake).

Well here it goes and I doubt that Beast is low enough lvl req but fanat boosts kick dmg

Nope, ber has a clvl 63 requirement.

Kicksins recieve bonus from ed jewels?

I never knew that, and i hope its true.

now im going to have to switch from life armor to artisans armor of life with 3x ed jewels...and swap the eld'd sigons shield for an ed/dex jewel

I still think a crazed uber asn couldn't take out a good zerker barb...hell I've got a cruel eth balrog blade lvl53 with 440 1hand damage unsocketed, and I know of a barb with a similar blade doing 550 1 hand. Any decent skill distribution and you're talking 2k+ life and who knows what kind of a zerk damage and speed. I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of that with an asn.

yep ed jewels work on kicks but they only add minor damage

a mid level asassin dueler sure will have a hard time dueling other classes
but i think you can still manage if you get alot of cb and speed
,might as well make it a super cheap build
use
upgrade goblie toes
rattlecage
if you go c/c 2 str claws
guilama's face
i think you have over 90% cb with that heh
and get 6 kicks

if you see level 49+ barbs with a ethereal weapon just don't duel :p

maybe the venom idea might work out dunno

senji said:
yep ed jewels work on kicks but they only add minor damage

a mid level asassin dueler sure will have a hard time dueling other classes
but i think you can still manage if you get alot of cb and speed
,might as well make it a super cheap build
use
upgrade goblie toes
rattlecage
if you go c/c 2 str claws
guilama's face
i think you have over 90% cb with that heh
and get 6 kicks

if you see level 49+ barbs with a ethereal weapon just don't duel :p

maybe the venom idea might work out dunno

Where are you getting 6 kicks from? I only see 4 kicks with that gear.

phat, i just dont see blade fury doing nearly enough damage to kill any mid lvl duelers, no matter how much crushing and poison (plus its not too hard to avoid)

The WoI is not there for doing all the damage, its there for its stun, which is why i chose that over light sentry, it has a big wide area of stunning, that coupled with MB will let me do some serious stunnage, then DF in and claw them up with max'd TS and tucs...
I know they wont do as much damage as in 09, but shouldent it still be quite a bit? Oh, and is it worth wearing gore's over travs for the DS+CB?
The reason i had the idea for this build working out well is that i know it worked well for me in 09, and was fairly hard to die fast (except vs zerkers ;) ) I would aim for about 2k life, which (as discussed in another post) would make ME personally feel fairly safe (assuming i know who im dueling, no eth Headstriker DS, max chargers Barry ;) ) coupled with 50% DMG reduce and max blocking, she would be quite hard to kill, then theres the issue of actually hitting me through my MB+shadow+stun from traps...

Well, if it really wont work ill come up with something new, but im not seeing any huge problems with it.

Oh, i got tucs lvl req from the uniques section here on diaboii.net... ill recheck, maybe i read it wrong?

-Matt

Sip said:
Where are you getting 6 kicks from? I only see 4 kicks with that gear.

6 kicks is easy i didn't list every gear choice heh

use a +3 martial arts magical glove with 20 ias i think they can spawn
or use a good rare 20 ias with +2 martial arts and dex str
and a few martial arts charm
you get 6 kicks at level 29 dragon talon or 30 i forgot

Sip said:
Kicksins recieve bonus from ed jewels?

I never knew that, and i hope its true.

now im going to have to switch from life armor to artisans armor of life with 3x ed jewels...and swap the eld'd sigons shield for an ed/dex jewel

Only Ed from jewels. It's been tested over at the assassin forum, in a stickied thread named "kicking". %ED jewels in armour are in the boots damage part of the formula, along with the strenght bonus. It's all there.

Edit: BTW, this damage doesn't show in the character screen, but it's there.

edit 2: The "kicking" thread was lost in the forum crash :( I'll see if I can get the correct formules...

You get 6 kicks at level 29 dragon talon or 30 i forgot

1 kick per 6 levels in Dtalon. So unless it goes faster at higher levels, it is lvl 30.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High