How long do private games stay open after the host leaves?

Chale

Oct 2, 2021
Since quest items can't be put in shared stash, Im thinking of muling khalims will over to a new char in a private game. In the old days the time limit was 5mins iirc, is that still the case now?

In regular Diablo, if you create a game and leave it after less than five minutes, it persists for 30 or 60 seconds. If the game is older than 5 minutes, it persists for 5 minutes. I'm not sure if my numbers are entirely correct, however.

BTW, if I remember correctly, when dropping a quest item in a game of a different difficulty, in particular a lower one where you have solved the quest already, you might not be able to pick it up again, so you might have to mule it in a game of the same difficulty as the quest's.

In regular Diablo, if you create a game and leave it after less than five minutes, it persists for 30 or 60 seconds. If the game is older than 5 minutes, it persists for 5 minutes. I'm not sure if my numbers are entirely correct, however.

BTW, if I remember correctly, when dropping a quest item in a game of a different difficulty, in particular a lower one where you have solved the quest already, you might not be able to pick it up again, so you might have to mule it in a game of the same difficulty as the quest's.
This must have changed because when I tested it when I wrote the post above I created the game, dropped a potion and left immediately. I waited 4 mins and took another char in, quit, took another in 5 mins after that and the game was gone.

Then you are certainly right. I'm on single player, not having played a single minute on bnet yet :). With "regular", I meant to refer to the old D2.

Hmm, I somehow missed these "Hi, I'm new" postings in old threads.

Reactions: Gorny
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High