how far will I make it?

Rikitan

Oct 8, 2021
I have a lev 37 bone necro in 1st act nightmare. I was lucky and contessa dropped an IO rune so I made White wand immediately, I also made Spirit shield and Lore helm. How far will this gear take me? Can I finish nightmare with this? I am looking for a decent armor with resists, I have Stealth, wasnt quite cutting it anymore due to lack of resists, Im hoping for a unique or rare to drop.Thanks

How did you make a spirit in nightmare? I didn't think that was possible? You should be good with that setup to finish nightmare. Level to around 75 with Baal and you should be able to finish hell. You might die a bit, but boners have the luxury that very little has magic immunity, so you should be able to clear everything with patience.

thanks, i never considered not being able to make it, just did (on SP) so i guess it works, used a kite shield maybe thats why?

Kite shields can't have 4 sockets, Spirit needs a Monarch at minimum (which requires 156 str.) Did you mean a Rhyme shield?

I have a lev 37 bone necro in 1st act nightmare. I was lucky and contessa dropped an IO rune so I made White wand immediately, I also made Spirit shield and Lore helm. How far will this gear take me? Can I finish nightmare with this? I am looking for a decent armor with resists, I have Stealth, wasnt quite cutting it anymore due to lack of resists, Im hoping for a unique or rare to drop.Thanks
Resists are always a tricky thing. Try to get as high a resist you can on a shield or amulet, as those generally have the best prismatic prefixes. After, make up for as much small charms of 11%sc (amber/ruby) your inventory can hold.

Side note: i don't know why but your post made me recall a short novel i read many years ago by Richard A Knaak..called Moon of the Spider. Set in the same universe check it out it's a relatively short read (less than a week) 🙂

Resists are always a tricky thing. Try to get as high a resist you can on a shield or amulet, as those generally have the best prismatic prefixes. After, make up for as much small charms of 11%sc (amber/ruby) your inventory can hold.

Side note: i don't know why but your post made me recall a short novel i read many years ago by Richard A Knaak..called Moon of the Spider. Set in the same universe check it out it's a relatively short read (less than a week) 🙂
thanks will check it out

You can get to Hell with pretty bunk gear. The resists are the tough part, and Act 4 and 5 Nightmare starts getting some tough stuff like Pit Lords and Burning Souls. Hell just gets worse, but can you make it there? Yeah.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High