How do you do it?

DeathMaster

Oct 30, 2003
How do you do it?

seriously, how do you guys check monster's mod before big fight. I read countless time to tell press Esc, and move mouse over their head. But it doesn't work, Esc bring out option menu, nothing else get displayed.

it works like a charm for me...I guess it might have something to do with the view you have on D2, if you use Glide or direct3d, or even 2d or then it might be the perspective mode...

I don't know, personnaly I read without problem when I'm dead, before I have not the time and the [ESC] give me the menu to quite.

Borlag said:
it works like a charm for me...I guess it might have something to do with the view you have on D2, if you use Glide or direct3d, or even 2d or then it might be the perspective mode...

I can not see it either :(

what kind of view do you have activated for D2 ?

- direct2d / direct3d
- perspective on/of

ESC, Moving mouse over ****, hit ESC - PrintScreen - ESC is probably the best trick I can think of. I never tried though, well. My HC Barb is getting close to ancients NightMare, so I will test a few things to be prepared.

Randall

Doesn't work for me either. :( I just zip around the screen with my 80% FRW and check the mods while the char is moving. It's easier for chars with minions, obviously.

As I've mentioned in my battle with the Ancients, ESC (pause), position mouse over monster, ESC (go), scan fast for FE, ESC (pause), prepare to move, ESC (go) re-enter fight.

I'd be really interested to know the config that allows you to see it "while" paused. :fish:

Butz. :teeth:

at work now...also reinstalled D2 along with everything else so my settings might have changed, I'll fiddle around with them and post once I find the right combo, and once I get home to test it...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High