How are these builds?

halohalo

Jun 22, 2003
How are these builds?

I got a few new sorc Idea :
(Now that all the previous posts are gone, I will not have to hear those 'search it b4 asking' comments :S )

1. Inferno + orb sorc :

The reason I bring this up is for 2 reasons. One, I don't like leaving other synergy skills unmaxed. That is, for example if you go meteor/orb, You will never be able to max all synergy skills for meteor. I hate that. Two, I like putting manymany points into warmth. Personal taste. And warmth synergizes inferno.

20 inferno, 20 warmth, 20 fire mastery, 20 orb, a few into cold mastery, 1 static, 1 teleport. Total of 90~100 skill points, completed at lvl 80ish.

with +5 sorc skills, which can be easily achieved untwinked, you get a 3k dmg inferno for the range of 15.3 yards. mana cost 11 per sec, which is practically Zero for all the warmth you have. with +10 skills, for those with nice gears, will have 4k inferno over 17.3 yards.

2. Charged bolt + orb :

Similar reason to choosing inferno. This build will only have 1 point warmth though.

20 charged bolt, 20 lightning, 20 light mastery, rest similar to Inferno build.

with +5 sorc skills, each bolt does 200ish dmg. Not much, but considering no casting delay and low mana cost(only 15), could be pretty powerful.

3. Party player : Enchant + static sorc

max warmth, enchant, fire mastery, and static field. One point teleport, and the rest skills can go to orb, just for the sake of cold duration, or put them into inferno and you can get a maxed inferno at around lvl 90.

with +5 skills you'll have 19.3 yard static field, and 1k enchant(and maybe a 3k inferno). This build will probably go best with a summon/CE nec. having Might and Holy freeze merc, this sorc and the nec combo will have almost zero problem in 8ppl game. Imagine, skellies doing 1k fire dmg AND lots of physical, combined with static and CE.

I already have the nec, and I'm currently trying to work on the enchant +static sorc. If only I could have someone build a descent summon/CE nec... :D

all three look viable. inferno may fall short in hell. cb won't with enough skills. and the party sorc is very limited as to what it can do. but you knew that when you labled it "party player."

i personally like inferno over the other spells, but that is just me.

How about using flamebellow? It gives huge bonus to inferno, and the dmg will jump to as high as 6k per sec.

halohalo said:
How about using flamebellow? It gives huge bonus to inferno, and the dmg will jump to as high as 6k per sec.

the huge add to inferno on flamebellow does not apply for a sorc. its reduced to +3 like with any other skill on a weapon that is above 3 will be reduced to +3 for the class the skill belongs to.

halohalo said:
I to found a flamebellow with +18 to inferno so off i went to make a inferno+enchant sorc for party play ,only to find that by the time i had the str to use it i was in the high lev70s then i found out on sorc its only +3 to skill AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!
oh how i did cry with joy, oh what funi had making that char F*$^ING WASTE OF TIME!

forbinhell said:
I to found a flamebellow with +18 to inferno so off i went to make a inferno+enchant sorc for party play ,only to find that by the time i had the str to use it i was in the high lev70s then i found out on sorc its only +3 to skill AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!
oh how i did cry with joy, oh what funi had making that char F*$^ING WASTE OF TIME!
How much Inferno dmg did you do without flamebellow? Did it work in hell?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High