Hello!

Dec 19, 2006
Figured it was time to say hello! I was a member at the old SPF starting 2006 or 2007, and have played with a few of you in the past at times. Never was too prolific a poster, and mostly just lurked I think. I can't recall my old name there, and am finding there's a lot I can't recall after all these years!

I found this new forum a little before D2R released after a very long break, and I can't tell you how awesome it is to see so many names I recognize after all these years! SPFers changed the entire way I viewed and played the game due to the intelligence, commitment, humor, and sheer craziness of the members! D2 is my all time favorite game, but it's 1,000% better because of the SPF community.

My old Mac died that I used to played with, and D2 isn't compatible with my new one. So I'm relegated to playing on the Xbox for now. I currently have an offline blizzballer and fishymancer that recently beat hell, and an online blizzballer and fishymancer that haven't beaten hell yet that I use to play with my kid.

Anyway, great to see the new forum and so many familiar as well as new names!

[Braces for the shin kicking...] :)

Welcome back!

SPFers changed the entire way I viewed and played the game due to the intelligence, commitment, humor, and sheer craziness of the members! D2 is my all time favorite game, but it's 1,000% better because of the SPF community.

I could not agree more with this sentiment! I enjoy playing other games as well, but there's just something special about the community here that always keeps me around.

Welcome back, and looking forward to hearing about the exploits, both solo parent and with the kiddo. Just echoing there sentiment about the SPF making this game age peerlessly.

Welcome back.
If you have the time, please do post mat/pat threads for your sorc and necro. It is always fun to read about others journey, item decisions and other quirks.

And lastly...
*Kicks shin*

Thanks all, it's great to be playing again and back on the SPF, and I'm not planning on lurking as much this time. :p It's also really nice that this vintage game is getting lots of well-deserved attention once again by a newer generation!

Probably going to skip a mat/pat thread on my first two because they were cookie cutters and a lot of mistakes were made. However, I just started a new sorceress this evening that is more off the beaten path that will hopefully be more interesting (and better geared from the start).

Reactions: Swamigoon
Welcome (back)! I completely relate to your feelings regarding the SPF. :) Good you delurked and I am really curious what your old nickname might have been...you must have joined around the same time I joined.

Enjoy your time (i.e. the rest of your life 😅) here at the SPF and may your drops be green and golden (and in case of LK runs: orange and not outside your screen).

Reactions: Triple Helix
If you're okay with revealing what "mistakes were made" in your cookie cutters, I think those are valuable observations to share in a mat/pat thread. Would you please reconsider and post about them, Triple Helix, even if it's just a couple of GoMule text dumps and short comments?

Reactions: Kartongen and Zyr
I'm going to agree with Swamigoon. After so long away, I've found it really helpful to go through my old Mat/Pat threads. (Even the cookie cutter ones!) I've found I really regret that I never did Mat/Pat threads for the characters I leveled in MP games with my friends during our lan parties as the memories are getting pretty fuzzy.

Reactions: Swamigoon and Zyr
[...]
Probably going to skip a mat/pat thread on my first two because they were cookie cutters and a lot of mistakes were made.
[...]
This is why I wanted to encourage you to post then - to prevent this exact type of reasoning. I am very interested to hear about them either way, and think @Swamigoon explained why well.
Also, as @Cattleya said, if for noone else make the thread for yourself. Always fun to go back and read.

So please... We would all love to read about your off the beaten path character, but don't make us choose between that and your cookie cutters.

I want it all. I want it all! And I want it now!
freddiemercury.jpg

Welcome (back)! I completely relate to your feelings regarding the SPF. :) Good you delurked and I am really curious what your old nickname might have been...you must have joined around the same time I joined.

Enjoy your time (i.e. the rest of your life 😅) here at the SPF and may your drops be green and golden (and in case of LK runs: orange and not outside your screen).

Ah, after a lot of searching I finally found my old name. Figured it would be something similar, and it was Helx. It was driving me crazy. :p

I remember you Grisu, though I don't know that we ever played together. I remember some Baal runs (I think) with Vang and some others, and getting entirely too many ears taken by Thyiad in some PvP (wish she was around more)! I was pretty low key I think, but always enjoyed the SPF community.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High