HC Untwinked Paladin Bamajama 1.14d Laptop Hero

Yori96

Nov 28, 2020
So I'm on the road a lot, I have a newer laptop but it has no video card so I can't play D2R, however I installed D2:LoD and it installed but it was very choppy, then I found a newer glide wrapper and it runs flawlessly, so I decided to run a poll and see what people would use to do a quest for 99, it was actually a lot closer for the top 3 than I thought, I knew #1 would be sorceress and guessed #2 would be paladin but I didn't think #3 would be as close as it was!

So I was torn between second and third, but then I decided that I honestly think there are a lot of great changes in D2R for an amazon and I already have almost all the gear needed to make one and other than a smiter for ubers, I have no interest in a paladin on my main unit. So I went with the Paladin!

I can't get Anni/Torch so basically the plan is get to hell meph, farm him for :

I'm going to play normal as a fire zealer as it's just the quickest route, before I can leave normal I have to switch to Hammerdonk, the rest is up to however.

Shako/Viper, hopefully find a 4OS sword, make spirit and until I find a nice shield I'm going to go with pledge for the resistances, maybe make smoke if I get lucky on forge or find a Lum on my path, praying for some nice res boots/belt/gloves ect.

Once I have this gear, I'm going to farm LK for CTA and then once we have that it's going to be Chaos to infinity, until Nith is better exp and I hope while I'm farming Chaos on my way to 92-95~ I find the runes for Enigma so that I can use that to farm Nith, I don't remember what the optimal point is but I'll do more research once I get there.

And here we have Bamajama the legendary laptop warrior.

Diablo II DX [800x600, scale 180%] 2023-01-30 4_45_48 AM.png

Reactions: Swamigoon and Zyr
So I got to level 13 tonight, rushed to countess, not the best map but dooable! Looking to make Strength as I found a 2OS scimitar, did probably 6-7 runs or so, this is my map, inventory, character screen at the moment. :) I wont be keeping all the tals, or maybe I will... If I can find the old GoMule that works for 1.14, maybe I'll allow myself to mule as this isn't really strict, just SSF....

I truly forgot how much I enjoy Zeal, I had zeal pally I was going to play through the whole game, grinded for quite some time and died to a super pack in 1 shot, but this is more fun than I remember hacking away haha.

Screenshot (6).pngScreenshot (8).pngScreenshot (9).png

Reactions: Zyr and PhineasB
So I managed to play today a lot more than I should have been able to, it's a blizzard here so couldn't drive and got a "day off" work, put in some study time and some gaming time to compensate and boy what a day!

We cruised through and kill Andy;

Screenshot (13).png

Didn't waste any time getting to Duriel either!

Screenshot (15).png

On our way to the first part, we managed to get our first unique and will gladly take +15 All Res!

Screenshot (16).png

Then we find this nice belt, I'll take dual res over 3 slots any day!

Screenshot (17).png

Then Ormus gifts us something unreal!

Screenshot (18).png

We find our first set at council!

Screenshot (19).png

We also find a circlet and imbue it, get nothing interesting.... Then dominate Mephisto to the ground!

Screenshot (21).png

Unfortunately neither boots are an upgrade but our boots are already dual res!

Our Forge could be almost no further from a perfect drop... LoL

Screenshot (23).png

Nothing else happens until the death of our friend Diablo, even then nothing exciting is here....

Screenshot (25).png

We do go back to Ormus and shop ourselves a tele staff however.... I've never actually shopped one before, so we'll see if we can put it to some use at some point in this run.... Our stats as of starting A5.....

Screenshot (27).png

Back to back interesting finds.... May gave to go to just make Rhyme in a 2OS Bone Shield.... It would put me at max res accross the board... I think that's the right play but we are just grinding P/E/S to level 35~ to see if we can find a 4OS sword / 3-4OS Pally shield (do'nt even know if you can here but that's the goal at the moment) I also found 1.14d GoMule so we are running with that, holding on to anything that could be used in the future. :)

Screenshot (28).png

Attachments

• 1675224805266.png
    1675224805266.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
I think that's the right play but we are just grinding P/E/S to level 35~ to see if we can find a 4OS sword / 3-4OS Pally shield (do'nt even know if you can here but that's the goal at the moment)
No, 4OS swords cannot drop in Normal, but non-magical swords can and will get 40S from Larzuk if found in areas including and after the River of Flame. I personally prefer to wait for "Spirit" until I start running the Countess in NM.

Bamajama is off to a very good start! (y):)

Thanks :D He's definitely off to the races.... Had another day of grinding.... He kills things fast but even with max res man does he ever feel squishy.... I've had like 4 mini heart attacks...

Anyways... We made it to hell, here's my updates.

I shopped this awesome wand just before doing Baal Q, nailed what I needed to!

Screenshot (33).png

For whatever reason I couldn't screenshot the victory page so here it is.

Screenshot (34).png

Decided that farming baal would be smart, get some levels....

Screenshot (35).png

Gear as I start Normal : That wand, Rhyme, The Res Helm I had before +

Screenshot (39).png
Screenshot (40).png

Screenshot (41).png

Screenshot (42).png
Screenshot (44).png

Overall stats going in to NM

Screenshot (45).png

I farmed a Sol rune to make Lore, didn't have a 4OS polearm so didn't need a second Sol, haven't really had mana issues either so not sure what to say. :/ Found Andy, made her pay for making me come here again!

Screenshot (51).png

Found Stealcask off Rad for my mercenary, as well as a nice belt upgrade!

Screenshot (53).png

Made my way to duriel with no futher interesting things really, found hsarus.

Screenshot (55).png

Found these gloves, if only I was anything that could use dual leech 🤤

Screenshot (56).png

Found these boots to replace Hsarus

Screenshot (57).png

Also found a reason why tele staff is OP....

Screenshot (58).png

Mephisto went down without a hitch, I decided I'd use 1 set of tele charges to farm him, so 33 rounds....

Screenshot (59).png

Got this first round, and should have stopped, nothing after LOL

Screenshot (60).png

My amulet is junk, I wanted a new one to up my fire res and gambled this beauty.

Screenshot (61).png

Got Dol off forge and found a 4OS polearm but don't really feel the need to make insight.... I think I'll make something else until I get enigma, just don't feel like I need the mana regen as of this point..... Took down big D!

Screenshot (66).png

Found this, decided to make Ancients Pledge in it, 85% All res, can't complain. I lose some CTB but I'll just pump dex up a bit.

Screenshot (67).png

Got Baal & Success... .Don't know what to do next... I think I need to farm NM meph, I've had way to many close calls but I do'nt even know what I could upgrade, I have Max res across the board..... Really not sure what the proper next step is.

Screenshot (70).png

Reactions: PhineasB
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High