Good to see you again SPF!

ipsilantee

Nov 7, 2021
Greetings all!

I've been playing Diablo 2 off and on since LOD first released and discovered the SPF on the old forums around ~2009 and had an awesome time getting to know some of the community, participating in MF challenges, with PvP trying to handle 200 fcr, going for the grail, and sharing my love of this game with people that feel the same.

The HDD and flash drive that had all my old char files and stashes (RIP Sparkles) were lost sometime around 2013. This made it difficult to find motivation to start over but as always, I found a reason to start playing this game again. I started a blizz sorc after returning from living abroad in 2016 and would do a Meph run every couples months or so until I heard about rumors of a remaster. I started to think about the game like I used to and decided to buy Resurrected a few weeks after it released.

Much has changed in my life since I last posted but my love for this game has stayed pretty consistent. It's been great re-living my memories of this game with Resurrected. My partner and I's work schedules are a bit different. So while waiting for her to get home, I've gone pretty hard in LK the last couple weeks and managed to farm enough runes to consider trying for level 99 with a light sorc again.

I was ecstatic to discover that the community had found its home here with archived threads intact! I've seen a few familiar names browsing some of the threads and am looking forward to seeing more familiar names along with new ones. This community made playing so much better more than a decade ago and I'm glad to find myself here again!

Stay classy SPF, maybe I'll see you in the moor or on the throne floor one day!

edit: Just a couple things to add:

Sparkles was a Lightning Sorc that I managed to reach level 98.6 with so I'd like to try and complete the goal I'd set back then.

If any of the mIRC folks from back then (corrupted and juicycheese come to mind) are still here, I hope to chat again someday!

Last edited:
Welcome (back) 😀 isn't it amazing how we all keep coming back to both the game and the forum!!

As always; have a drink in the bar and may your drops be green and golden 🎊

Reactions: ipsilantee
Thank you!! 😃 Cheers to that! 🍻

There is so much knowledge here and so many kind people that give their time and energy to help others. Seeing the current level 99 threads, Mat/Pat/Guardian posts, rare finds, old build guides, and other intro posts here have given me the best kind of nostalgic feeling.

Welcome back, continuing to be quite cool to see many long time members returning to the SPF. Welcome home! (y)

dang ... forgot about kicking shins ...

just got back into this gawdforsakengame a few weeks ago ... welcome back.

Welcome back, and what a nice introduction thread. I look forward reading about sparkles2 (sandcastles in the sand?), and seeing you around in forum activities.

Also, before I forget:
*kicks shins*
Thanks all!

I installed GoMule for resurrected yesterday and also realized I can record video with my PC, so things just got a bit more exciting. I'll prob end up recording runs to study up and clean up my teleporting/general playstyle because if I tried for 99 currently, I wouldn't like my chances right now lol. It's pretty refreshing to play this game again because it is really tough at times and i'd forgotten that!

I'd forgotten about the shin kicks as well! My shins have become weak over the years without being here but I'm already developing some nice callouses!

After a little googling, I've gotten the feeling that the universe wants me to watch HIMYM! Had never watched or made the connection until today haha.

Reactions: Kartongen
After a little googling, I've gotten the feeling that the universe wants me to watch HIMYM! Had never watched or made the connection until today haha.
It is a very funny series, but with a rather disappointing final season. The Robin Sparkles parts are big favourites for me.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High