Issues with GoMule and D2R

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
I have been playing around with GoMule and it seems to have a number of serious issues.

If you move an item from the character file (D2S) to the D2i file without completely exiting the game it remains on the character too.
  • Basically unless you exit the game, it makes a dupe
  • Exit to character screen is not enough, you need to exit the game completely.
  • My guess is this is to due to the way the game loads the character, not actually a GoMule issue.

D2X stash files have been replaced by D2i
  • Seems to be a different file format, not merely an extension change - renaming the D2X stash to D2i doesn't seem to work
  • Stashes from original GoMule cannot be opened in D2R GoMule
  • I have created an issue for this in the GitHub, other please free to add comments

Shared Stash not acessible in GoMule
  • Know issues as the original development was based on the Tech Alpha where there was only one shared Stash tab

Current recommendation:​

• Only use when D2R is not running at all
  • When transferring characters, open them in game before opening them in GoMule D2R
  • To transfer items into D2R, make a mule character and open in game first. i.e. GoMule -> D2R Game -> Gomule D2R
  • Use at you own risk

Last edited:
Why is this not working?
02_gomule-d2r.png

m4ke

Edit: Yes, the extension has changed. Thats all I guess. Is that a problem?

Yep, it's rough.

Another issue that I noticed is that you can't seem to access the actual in-game shared stash in GoMule. You can only mule items if they're in the character's personal stash. Am I missing something?

I will make a stash test later this afternoon and try just renaming the extension.

@maxicek Where do you need .d2x stashes? Author has renamed the stash file extension to .d2i, that's all.

@Dredd The shared stash file format came public when the game was launched. I'd give the author a day or two to implement it.

Current shared shash in GoMule-d2r is 1-page Tech Alpha shared stash.

Don't try to get it work, it won't. Refresh that GitHub project and wait for updates. 15 days ago last update currently so nothing is done there after the game launch.

m4ke

@maxicek Where do you need .d2x stashes? Author has renamed the stash file extension to .d2i, that's all.

Did you actually try this @m4ke? I just made a new stash with a rejuv in to try it, it opens an empty stash for me.

I can create a MULE in d2, load him up with items in GoMuleOLD, xfer the save to d2R, load him up, then xfer the items from him to the shared stash. I then delete the old MULE and instance in GoMuleOLD. I have been able to load GoMuleR up with d2R characters. Haven't created stashes or tried any muling within though.

@coju Mules work fine, it is OK for transferring just a few items forward.

Reactions: coju
@maxicek I Created empty stash and dropped there some gems:
03_Stashtest.png
No problems for me.

m4ke

Edit: Or are you trying to get that shared stash to work? It won't work until the author releases new version where it is implemented.

Last edited:
@m4ke Agreed with you post above & I'm aware he implemented the shared stash based on the Alpha.

I'm trying to take a stash from the original GoMule (1.14d) and open it in GoMule for D2R. This does not work as far as I can see.

This makes bulk moving of items to D2R tedious at best. Moving everything for me would take about a month using just mules.

@maxicek AFAIK there is no code to transform items from version to another in GoMule Legacy either.

It would be easy from 1.14d -> D2R if I'm correct that Blizz only removed the "JM" tag from the beginning of the item data.

m4ke

Ah got you - So the problem may be that the file format has changed for the items?

So basically
1.14d is to D2R
What 1.07 is to 1.14

So transfer items by character mule only?

At least the "JM" is removed from items. I haven't checked the code to see if the item load code is different othervise (GoMule Legacy vs D2R).

Items have to be muled by characters to new versions in legacy all the time. (ATS is 1.10a -> 1.10s program).

m4ke

Reactions: maxicek
I also tried GoMule a bit and had the same problems with opening old stashes.
At least for me, GoMule don't recognize old chars until I use them at least once in-game.

Reactions: coju
@Miron D2R has ID 0x61 for characters and legacy is 0x60. It wouldn't load anyways because the item data is different.

m4ke

Reactions: Miron
Hey Silospen,

I just registered on the forum to say hi to you and everyone here. 👋
Thanks for the past work on gomule (I am an old school SP player) and I'll look forward to your future updates!

Reactions: silospen
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High