Doom Axe-Ettin or Berserker?

Organic_Pear

Sep 1, 2003
Doom Axe-Ettin or Berserker?

I am probably going to be making a doom axe.

I have found a ettin axe that is superior with10% ed

With the 45 ias from doom this will reach the last breakpoint and do more damage then a berserker axe. (even a normal ettin has higher average)

So basically I was wondering If i should make doom out of this?

Or for some unknown reason i.e range would it be better on a berserker axe for a ww/berserk barb

If you make it in Superior weapon it will cost like 10k per durabilitypoint to repair.

Get non-superior Berzerker axe, much better.

Organic_Pear said:
Or for some unknown reason i.e range would it be better on a berserker axe for a ww/berserk barb

The extra range on the berserker would make it do more damage than the ettin, since it will net you more hits per whirl. Thus, you'd still be better off socketing it into a berserker than an ettin. Eagle brought up a good point about superior repair costs...they are insane.

-Hal

repair costs are scary for superior . i have an enigma wyrmhide with 14% ED. The defense on it is about 13xx, but man is it expensive, i had to use a RAL rune when it got to around 3 Dur because i couldn't afford the repair costs.

I had a very similar experience with a superior Crescent Moon legend sword. Damn thing was a constant financial drain... kinda reminded me of an ex-girlfriend of mine ;)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High