D3 is awful..

Still-Xey-Lover

Oct 11, 2004
Anyone else completely disappointed by D3? Between the annoying cut scenes, terrible voice overs, imbalanced skill system, cartoony feel of every thing and blatantly forced (RM)auction house use there's not much to enjoy. Definitely don't see the same re-playability as D2. Although I'm having SOME fun playing now, it is not nearly as fun as d1/d2. I just feel like this is not the game I was waiting years for, especially since games like Titan Quest accomplished the same **** minus the auction house. Sinking time and money into something I might as well get a polished product with tons of content like WoW. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Anyone else completely disappointed by D3? Between the annoying cut scenes, terrible voice overs, imbalanced skill system, cartoony feel of every thing and blatantly forced (RM)auction house use there's not much to enjoy. Definitely don't see the same re-playability as D2. Although I'm having SOME fun playing now, it is not nearly as fun as d1/d2. I just feel like this is not the game I was waiting years for, especially since games like Titan Quest accomplished the same **** minus the auction house. Sinking time and money into something I might as well get a polished product with tons of content like WoW. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Not really fair to compare the content in a just released game with that of one that has had numerous expansions... which by the way, is way more cartoony that D3... ;-)

I love D3. I love the AH way better than trying to trade stuff in a spam channel or by having to list items in a trade forum. I can search for exactly what I want and as long as I'm just a little patient I'll usually find it. I keep 10 auctions listed constantly and I've pretty easily managed to keep a pretty good cushion of gold so that I can upgrade when I need to.

And if you really don't like the AH, take heart, they are going to significantly reduce the price of crafting stuff with today's patch.

And the RM Auction House is for Softcore only, so I don't know why that would cause you heartburn.

TBH i am a big fan of D1/2, in no way am I ever playing d3, ive seen early movies, and in the beginning I was a bit impressed but thought it looked too much like other blizzard games. (*cough WoW*) Well my friend beta tested it and I was not happy. I say get on with it and make D4 already. or howbout a game that incorporates the d1/2/3 stories together? But you know we will have to wait another 12 years for that. Diablo was always an easy to play "point and click game" but the customization in d2 really set the game off and still has many lovers to this day. Lets compare with another RPG. Final fantasy 1-6 linear, 1player, select and act turnstyle game. FF7- one word materia, full magic/comand customization, although some toons boasted better stats for either magic/melee. What if FF8 did not have the GF customization, and the stat altering magic system? instead went back to the good ole days of FF1-6. lame, not that FF1-6 suck in any way ive played and beat them all, even mystic quest, they are a triumph of there time and mark on RPG's themselves. Its honestly a De-evolution of diablo, with prettier graphics, and as a d1/2 fan I'm appalled that blizzard would think this is an acceptable sequel. although I do approve of the story, the customization just lacks, and that as a modern day RPG fan = FAIL, story or not this is not the 1990's I have other RPG options.

Thought I'd spare my thoughts on this....

I loved the first couple of weeks of play with D3 but now after some months it's occupying disk space. Whilst it has a great story and graphics and fun game play, I miss the customisation that D2 had by the bucket full. The fact I can use any skill at any time and the biggest determining factor is how much damage my weapon has, really has killed this off for me.

Auction house is great fun, hardcore mode still gives the buzz, but it's just not Diablo.

I'll probably return after some more patches but for now, I'll be playing something else.

Turps out!

i bought d3 the day after it came out, and honestly i was never able to get into it. i tried all the chars and played around for afew months, but just had no want to play. i actually forced myself to keep going lol. i havent logged in in since august, and dont see myself playing again. who knows maybe down the road. and whats worse is my account has been hacked 3 times since i quit playing and i have been temp banned for spamming lol! ive had to call support 3 times! very unhappy about this of course.
worst $80 i have ever paid for a game, including guide, and i hope something new is on the horizon, because ive been back to my ps3 even though i really do enjoy my pc gaming. after 6 or 7 years i stillam learning about d2! i still enjoy playing sp self found chars, and even the resets on ladder! hell my kids even play now! best game ever, d2 rocks :whistling:

The new patch has made me and a bunch of Gaussers come back to D3 in force due to might well getting a legendary or two of an evening as opposed to absolutely nothing over the course of a week or more!
They really need to sort out the social aspect of the game though; no side channels to chat privately with mates is stupid because not all of them have, or want to use, headsets but myself and my clan, Gauss, stick together on my TeamSpeak3 server and a random 'Hardcore #xxxx' channel so we can chat in-game...hell, I'd settle for a damn /f m function once again!!
Saying all that, as soon as the D2 ladder reset kicks in I will be focusing on that fo-scho...you just can't beat them! ;)

An ode to D3

in beta i was optimistic,
even with the same heuristics.
but then launch day came.
my expectations were to blame.
dawdling through the "randomized" maze
i longed for those glory days;
the FELE adrenaline hit still lingers.
now i have fewer skills than fingers.
away ye awful wretch.
to the auction house, my money to fetch
in well placed microtransactions,
chromatic armors, misfit redactions,
anything to get back my 60 bucks
but they closed it down, those miserable...
O diablo, of the family, three,
ye, destined for the console, be.

D3 is Wunderful !!!! FOOLS !!!!

Only got to poke around with D3 for a couple of days. Seemed okay, but I'd much rather play PoE - it seems much more like a worthy successor to D2. Good to now that it has enough staying power to keep you around though. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High