Coming back to D2R 2.4 :) (Zon Questions)

Yori96

Nov 28, 2020
Just wondering if I'm willing to farm NM Meph for Titans + x, should I go CS/Fury + Plague or CS/Fury +Freezing Arrow or Magic Arrow build?

Edit : As a side note, this is HC Untinked

Last edited:
Reactions: Grisu
You should do whatever you like best. :)

However some things to note: if you have Titans at hand, you most likely also have a shield with resists. Switching to a bow for lightning immunes as Gloams you will (most likely, depends on bow) lose the resists from the shield.

Also to get a suitable bow you will possibly be farming for longer.

Edit: I am not personally a fan of the amazon poison skills. The usual LI solution for a Furyzon is jab & merc and skip a lot of them if no Infinity at hand. You could check the Mat/pat compendium HC section for further ideas.

Last edited:
Titan's Revenge would be great, but I hate farming for specifics items, specially in NM (SoJ, I'm looking at you). You could consider shopping a Wand of Lower Resistance from Akara / Drognan NM and use it in the weapon swap instead.

I can only echo @Arparrabiosa here: I recently farmed for a specific item - SoJ, and I needed to do almost 3000 runs find it with a 1:820 chance. If it wasn't for my perfect (ethereal) grail, I would have given up early because I find it very tedious to farm for one specific item.

Granted, NM Mephisto can drop some better items than Andariel and the chance for Titan's is better (1:632 with 300% MF), but if you don't have something else you are looking for when running Mephisto, I'd rather run Hell Mephiso (if it is safe for you) - he has 1:801 with 300% MF, but you can find much better gear there.

So all in all, if it is HC, you have to look at survivability of course. If you can't safely run Hell targets, then try to upgrade your gear at NM Mephisto :)

On build choices - I went pure lightning back in the day, but also did an untwinked tournament Plague Javelin Amazon. She was ... underwhelming as a main skill. But if you only use it as a backup to defeat LIs, I could see a world where it might be worth it. Most of the time, I just ignore monsters with Immunity to my main damage type while farming. It just isn't worth the time in my opinion.

Good luck and may you soon find that Titan's! :)

Reactions: Arparrabiosa
So as a side note, this is a HC Untwinked Hero, I was going to do a fantastic 7 build but ended up not. Basically all 7 heroes moving towards the end of the game together sharing like compadres! But I'll make a twink one day, for now it's just fun to do untwinked. I plan to farm NM meph for at least tals helm for my merc, I guess depends what I find in that process, I don't mind farming for specific items that really change a charcater.

So as a side note, this is a HC Untwinked Hero, I was going to do a fantastic 7 build but ended up not. Basically all 7 heroes moving towards the end of the game together sharing like compadres! But I'll make a twink one day, for now it's just fun to do untwinked. I plan to farm NM meph for at least tals helm for my merc, I guess depends what I find in that process, I don't mind farming for specific items that really change a charcater.

I've got an untwinked HC Frostmaiden that is inching toward level 93 in the 99'er thread, and that's been a ton of fun to play from start until now. Note that I got that one to Hell long before Insight became an option on bows - that would have made leveling a heck of a lot easier in terms of mana usage - so I'd be interested to hear how an Insight bow actually fares in NM, if you opt to try that skill tree out.

Impossible to say without knowing what you enjoy most of the game. Poison opens for outrageous skirmishing and hit-and-run tactics, freezing turns the field into a statue park, both are fun in their own way. I wouldn't rule out immolation arrows either, the fire graphics have always been one of Blizzard's strong points and the skill makes short work of gloams and a lot of other pesky undead.

For me, poison javelin with a treachery armour has been the most entertaining skill for an amazon.

Basically all 7 heroes moving towards the end of the game together sharing like compadres!
I love those kinds of projects! 7 is too much for me, but I have started 2 triumvirate HC projects like that in the past and had a lot of fun with them (until I put them on permanent hiatus, but some day...).

Well the Fantastic 7 was an idea, I've never had every character to thruogh hell and HC, usually I get impatient and blow up at some point but I also hate not trading with myself sometimes, so I thought I'd make some rules and try to do it with sharing with those 7 / grail attempt between them ect.

As far as which way I'm going to go to get my zon geared, I think I'll farm NM meph until I find either titans or a good bow and goes CS/Ice Maiden, I could also just farm a decent 4OS bow and make insight too I suppose, that would take care of the light immunes from afar and I'd just have to rely on merc for light/cold immunes

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High