Claws question

Tenecabo1

Jul 24, 2003
Hey all,

While doing some LK runs, I have a nice feral claw rack that I hit up for about 1000 feral claws so far looking for a chaos base. I noticed how the same skill (wake of inferno) keeps popping back on about 50% of all claws that have staffmods. I wonder if this could be due to the map seed, or if it's just bad lack? It's just been very noticeable for me.

Also, I spent a bit of gold gambling claws already, and was comparing them to anya shopped claw choice. I found that +3 traps is not too hard to come by in anya's store, while +1 traps was the most +traps I ever got from gambling. Again, just luck of the draw, or is there some reason for it? (not looking for +trap claws from gambling atm, just an observation)

Thanks in advance!

It's a known feature of single-player to find the same base items on racks etc. with the same map seed. I didn't know that it also affects staffmods, but that's not bad luck as well. Once Blizzard fixes wake of inferno, yours might become pretty useful :)

To my knowledge, 60% of the staffmods are +1, 30% are +2 and 10% are +3. Charsi imbues receive an ilvl/2 bonus to the according % roll which can make +3 ones more common.

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/claws-question.865276/ (scroll down to "affix selection" for information about staffmods).

Thanks for the reply! I figured it has something to do with the map seed, as it's really often that I get wake of inferno (compared to both lower lvl and higher lvl staffmods).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High