Check pls.

Its very hard on newcomers. How to they gain trust without a chance to do trades?

How ever, if ATMA remembered every fingerprint that passes thru it. And then updates the database every time the computer is online. And then reports dupes to the Doc.. Cool.. :teeth:

Not the easiest programming job i guess?

People you don't need to convince me of these things. I never said I disagree with you. ;) I just didn't come right out and say "give newcomers a wide berth" because that's impolite and probably unjustified, too.

NF, who said we're trying to do that, this way we can increase post count without just spamming :lol:

well, seriously...I know what you meant, just that we're not the only ones reading these threads and I think my post along with CrusaderSash's posts are slightly more encouraging for the newcomers, in that they wouldn't be completely put down in the trades.

Personally I'd say the best way to gain trust is to stick around for a while and post a bit on the forum. That gives people a chance to get to know you before trading.

So it DID turn out to be fake? Bummer--makes the argument I posted up above seem a bit pointless, really. Maybe I'm just too trusting... :(

The 1 thing that I cannot understand is why people are trying to trade whith items from itempacks ???

The itempacks already contain all the items anyone could want !
Really stupid.

If you want to cheat the game there are many ways to do that - and it is not bad (I have done it in the past)

But why cheating on other people ??
You don't gain anything - except for making other people feel bad ?

Shouldn't there be a sticky thread explaining to all who want - all the possible ways to cheat in game + all items and all runes and socketed items ready for download - so if anyone wants an Enigma just gets the runes and the armor and makes one - instead of trading a fake Tyrael's for someones onetyme lucky Jah ?

Some people get a kick out of hurting other people. Where do you think all these computer viruses come from? Or what about people doing this PK thing? Especially in hardcore. That's not nice, either... People are strange at times.

people are wierd i can get most of the crazy stuff very easily. as i browse some of the hacker forums from time to time.

*sigh* the editor can creat wicked items and the drop mod is non detectable.

mh lets you change alot of things. so basicly the hackers have a lot more weapon to use against us.

we just have atma and our knowlage.

still if we are casious i trhink we can defeat most of those that arrive here to try to cruch things

I acctually understand PKers. If they do it the "mannered" way. Hostile the victim when they enter the game and hunt for them. Sneaking up on them etc..

Not the Hydra Sorc PKers, i blame Durf for them..

I really don't understand the point of trading duped items in single player. If someone is downloading an item pack full of uber equipment, why are they bothering to trade in the first place? Also I guess I don't understand the point in cheating at a video game, especially a single player version of the game where you aren't out to impress anyone. *sigh*.

Kardiophylax said:
I really don't understand the point of trading duped items in single player. If someone is downloading an item pack full of uber equipment, why are they bothering to trade in the first place? Also I guess I don't understand the point in cheating at a video game, especially a single player version of the game where you aren't out to impress anyone. *sigh*.

Some people just feel satisfied when they destroy something others have managed to do after huge amounts of effort. You know those little kiddies who burn flies/bugs alive. But when it comes to a bit more mature people :uhhuh: I think those people have some seroius problems

And I think D2 is one of those games where too many people think thay are nothing if they are not the best. You can see that same thing on Bnet quite often imo.

When they cheat like that in SP, they think they will just have fun without long hunt for good items, but thye destroy the whole point of tha game that way. They just don't understand how this thing works.

Maybe this was little OT/flame, but I had to say this

Vorbiss said:
I thought they would've learned by now...

Does this mean they are a repeat offender that was aloud back in?

If so they deserve whats coming to them!!!!

Sorry to here about that Vorbiss :(

I'm working the issue with Vorbiss. The trader is not an SPF regular, nor is she/he someone who was banned and returned. He/she will be dealt with swiftly.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High