Build needed.

BeatMaster

Jun 26, 2003
Build needed.

Hi all!

I´m getting tired of doing Pit-runs with my fishymancer all the time, so I have decided to make an amazon who uses the whole Mavina´s set. I´m just curious, (since I haven´t played amazons in 1.10), what build would be the best for this character. I need help with stat/skill allocation + what to socket in armor, diadem and bow. If someone allready knows´a guide for this sort of thing, just point in the direction and I´ll go read.

Thx in advance.

-BeatMaster

most peopel wouls still say LF zons own, and i' have to agree. strafezons and bowazons ingenerl i think were nerfed and arent as effective, but youd have to ask an expert on that.

farting bob said:
most peopel wouls still say LF zons own, and i' have to agree. strafezons and bowazons ingenerl i think were nerfed and arent as effective, but youd have to ask an expert on that.

Guess you are right, but that doesn´t matter. I want to make this character because of the great theme-feel that comes with the set, not to make yet another cookie-cutter. Yet I sense that a character with the full Mavina´s set could be useful because of the nice bonuses it provides. AND you get that great glowing aura that goes with it, yay! :p

-BeatMaster

Borlag said:
Check the FAQ for a list of guides, there's also a link to the pit guide which has speciality builds for the pits :)

Thanks Borlag. Typical that I didn´t think of this in the first place. I´ll go take a look, but if anyone out there has experience with this set-build, it would be nice if they´d post some comments here.

Thx.

-BeatMaster

....ok i just wrote this, and then realized that freya's FA guide is a lot more comprehensive than what i wrote - but the specific Mav's info i have here is still valid, so i'll post it anyways...

I don't have experience with this build, but i've wanted to make a freezing arrow amazon with mav's set (if i only had the 1.1 set!), with the 20% cold damage bonus from the gloves. assuming the set and a +2 skills ammy, with a maxed freezing arrow and maxed cold arrow for synergy, you have 1965-2006 cold damage.

I would put one point into all the passives, 9 into valkyrie (which makes it level 17 which i think gives the war pike) 4/5/4 into dodge/avoid/evade (which gives 50% avoidance in all three cases, and helps your valkyrie too). that's 69 points so far. At level 70, when you can equip the set you'll have 77 skill points (assuming you haven't started hell yet). I would say pump strafe as well - probably before maxing d/a/e, so that you have something to hit cold immunes with (since you won't really have points for both fire and cold arrows). but you'll want a good pierce skill as well, so maybe balance strafe and pierce

you have 70% IAS from the set - you need 90 to hit a 9 frame normal attack, and 120 for a 2 frame strafe. shael in the bow and an IAS jewel in the armor and circlet will get you there. strafe should be pretty good - you have big cold damage and magic damage being added from the set.

disclaimer: i'm pretty sure this info is correct, but i might have made a mistake - like i said, i haven't made this myself yet (all i have is the 1.09 m'avinas set, which isn't really good enough to justify it)

I'm running a mf FA zon atm and even with pretty much full mf gear (except for the bow) she deal great damage with Frozen Arrow. I noticed a bit of a drop in killing power when switching Razortail for Goldwrap, but still you can shatter minion groups in 2-3 shots in act II hell. If you use full M'avina's set instead of mf gear, I can see the char doing some serious damage.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High