BNM's 1.10 HC Super-Duper Low Lvl HC Guide

Bignerdmatt

Dec 8, 2003
BNM's 1.10 HC Super-Duper Low Lvl HC Guide

Hello kids ! This is your loveable alcoholic gamer / bitter college guy BigNerdMatt. After comming back to D2 to try out 1.10 and experiencing the joys of d2 all over again, Ive decided to make this guide for all of you.

First lets start with leveling.

1. Play the game.

I know this may come as a supprise, but when you are in a game called "Act 1 New NORUSH" it very possibly could mean that wanting to kill Andy at level 2 isnt in your plans.

Its quite amazing how much experience you can have by the time you reach the Dark Wood if you take the super 1337 secret path that my brother who knows a guys dad who works at Blizzard told me about called the Underground Passage.

2. Equipment
We all start poor, its a sad but true fact. We all cannot begin with uber gear, so we make due with what we can. Here's a small tip to make a TON of friends on BNET, Beg like your life depended on it. Especially if you are in a game full of level 3's, spam away with "Ne 1 haev Itamz I culd have for free ?" and your friends list will magically grow by leaps and bounds.
Also feel free to ask higher level people if you can have anything of theirs. It doesnt hurt to ask, but if you really want to make sure and get that rare ring bug the living hell out of them untill they leave.............. theyre just going to get it for you.... theyll be back....>_>

3. Manners
Getting along well with others is a trait you should have when playing online. Common courtesey will make the game more enjoyable for you and the others. Here are a few quick tips when playing.

- Immediately apon joining a game spam "PP" as many times as you can. People love to be swampped by archers and stop and invite you.

- Once joined begin spamming "TP PLZ". That ensures your group will want you to come along and share in all of their drops you are sure to take.

- Be sure to insult someones Gear/Skill choice. People love to hear criticism on how they play because they all know that 12 year olds rule the realms with the gear mommy got them off ebay.

- Dont lift a finger to help your party. Nothing screams "hey be my BNET buddy" like watching the lone barb on your team get ganged on by a pack of monsters while you sit there and watch. People do not want your annoying Amp damage or fireballs interfering with their work....

-Block doorways. Nothing helps a melee character more when being overrun than you standing between them and death.

Hopefully my guide will be helpfull to you all and I hope to see you all out there in the world of Bnet.

Drunken_Fury UsWest
Eddie_Winslow lvl21 Concentrator HC Barb

BNM, I remember you from other boards, which aren't worth mentioning. Welcome back. I see you still have your sense of humor about the game at least. :)

Ed

A couple you forgot:

Chat in every game about your l33t level 97 character decked out with shako, skullders, BOTD, etc.

Threaten to get this character whenever someone hostiles you in a normal difficulty game.

If you *actually have* such a character, bring it into normal games and demand over and over that the level 9 pk duel you, then insult him when he stays (what a wuss!) in town.

Det,

Why yes I have ;) I always try and stop playing before 4pm eastern time (see also: School gets out.... 13 year old rush gogog)

Irish,

Im guessing you know me from a certian FAQ site... ;) It seems D2 still has its claws in my life. Ive quit about 100000 times now, yet Im still here. My sense of humor keeps me going, all you can do is laugh sometimes to keep from going insane.

I hope someone who is new to D2 reads this and takes notice of my sarcasm. If I can create one civil minded D2 player I feel like I have done something worthwhile :D

Also If you party with a necro - always overide his Lvl 20 decprepify with the most useless curse you can find - IM is a good 1:) - And bone prison is really helpful for trapping party members away from danger:D

Chill

Chiller_babe said:
Also If you party with a necro - always overide his Lvl 20 decprepify with the most useless curse you can find - IM is a good 1:) - And bone prison is really helpful for trapping party members away from danger:D

Chill

Here's my favorite new one:

Play a necro. Max bone wall, and spam it like crazy near the end of baal runs, to prevent the rest of your party from accidentally picking up valuable items. Do this in game after game, no matter how many people politely ask you to stop.

i feel like kissing the guy who made this post...LOL....I've been playin this game since the original D2 came out on the very first day! And i can relate to everything you guys said+more.

Like when you duel some1 and you kill them, then you lay down *** items by their corpse and chase them till they accidently pick up 1 of those items, then you kill them and get all there godly gear....LOL.....my favorite one. Thats my v1.09 scam.

skunkbelly said:
Here's my favorite new one:

Play a necro. Max bone wall, and spam it like crazy near the end of baal runs, to prevent the rest of your party from accidentally picking up valuable items. Do this in game after game, no matter how many people politely ask you to stop.

Hmmmm an annoyance Necro... sounds like a fun build for when pubs are bringing you down. :D

sohcan said:
Hmmmm an annoyance Necro... sounds like a fun build for when pubs are bringing you down. :D

Think of the possibilities. I can almost hear the screams on the other side of the keyboards now.

TM

terrymanning said:
Think of the possibilities. I can almost hear the screams on the other side of the keyboards now.

TM

Well to be quite honest I was thinking about a nice simple pk but this does seem like a much more fitting punishment for the unwashed, rank heathens. Ummm I mean the average drones of bnet who tick me off. I can imagine the screams... but isn't battlenet like space? No one can hear you scream!

I can see the game now...

Player-"Quit ****ing spamming bonewall you noob!"
Me-"Bonewall is gosu stfu noob!"
Player- *various insults about exactly how and what conceived me*
Me-"joo give shako nub and I quit bonewalling...."

And perhaps a handy round of "WUW? WUG?" for good measure.

Yes there most certainly is a build in this idea! And some fantastic role play potential!

Now you too can be one of the pricks of bnet with the uber gosu annoyance necro build! It comes with 38 points of articulation! A complete guide to bnet 1337 speak! And a pair of depends undergarments for when you wet yourself from laughing so hard! :D

Hmmm, what other "annoyance builds" could there be?

I don't really play barbs, so I can't recall if cries work the same way curses do... but if they do, then might I suggest:

"The High Level Barb Who Spams Level 1 BO Right Before Lister"

I didnt realize Id get such a positive response ;)

Originally I had planned to make a low level "getting started" guide. It seems so many people are focused on the whole "gogog rush kill andy prz ".

I notice so many people begging for gold and items and the like, I figured a little nudge in the right direction wouldnt hurt.

Well at least I got off on a positive note here. People wont associate me with another random "OMG HELP MEH W/BAAL" posts or spammers.

I have the flu at the moment, so Im a bit knocked out from the medicine. Im gonna go sleep now :D

skunkbelly said:
"The High Level Barb Who Spams Level 1 BO Right Before Lister"

Wow, I love this idea, after reading this one and imagining the fun that could be had, I almost needed those depends myself from laughing.

I think you have started something here BNM. :D

And yes, it was from a certain FAQ site, which, fortunately, I haven't been back too since I found this place.

Ed

A lvl 1 BO barb wearing 2 random spears on switch just for show.

I do like the idea of the Bonewalling necro who always seems to manage to block you in with monsters to enable them to 'pk' you, or to block your escape while the Fanatical Moon Lords pound you.

Don't forget to wear your ring of telekinesis to open all those evil urns while standing far away. (Does telekinesis work on the Diablo seals or the Ancients altar???)

Cleglaw_Himself said:
A lvl 1 BO barb wearing 2 random spears on switch just for show.

I do like the idea of the Bonewalling necro who always seems to manage to block you in with monsters to enable them to 'pk' you, or to block your escape while the Fanatical Moon Lords pound you.

Don't forget to wear your ring of telekinesis to open all those evil urns while standing far away. (Does telekinesis work on the Diablo seals or the Ancients altar???)

yep i do that alot in pubbies you get alot of funny responses

lol. those are some good ideas!
i think i might do those in some games, just to be a jerk!

Back to the Chaotic Evil type of character. Really in the pay of the Prime Evils, but infiltrating the ranks of the good to wreak some major havoc...

Cleglaw_Himself said:
Back to the Chaotic Evil type of character. Really in the pay of the Prime Evils, but infiltrating the ranks of the good to wreak some major havoc...

But not as an actual PK, but worse. Much worse, you just play VERY, VERY, VERY badly. I think I have a new weekend project.

TM

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High