Avaritia - HC Single Pass Sorc vlog

Status
Not open for further replies.

okey

Mar 14, 2017
Deciding on something new, instead of doing write ups I'm simply going to record and upload my travels. From start to finish. I am unsure how long I'll do this for as this is an experimental thing.

The goal for this sorc is an orb-it-aller.

Run's terminated.

Notes:
- I am using ****** (with its cheat like features removed) as a substitute for ATMA and Runeword Mod
- Muling off items to shared stash is allowed, however muling items on to character is disallowed with one exception
- Muling personalized items from related sept character is allowed, however once the item is on another character that item can not be re-muled back into shared stash. Can only acquire one personalized item once per difficulty.
- Single-Pass, so after one pass through, there is no rerunning of an area
- If an experience shrine shows up, skip it, the sacrificed potential EXP will go into the monsters killed to resume suspended play (ie. suspending play half way through an area)
- No changing /players# after stepping out of Act 1 for the first time. After stepping out of town, I will have to stick with it.

Link:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=******
Link above includes an episodic playlist, had to leave it in code as forum automatically turns youtube links into media widgets

Progress so far : Completed all of Normal: A1 Cold Plains (terminated)

Last edited:
Hi @okey The write up references something that isn't a Forum Approved Mod, so the character shouldn't be posted here, per the SPF forum rules.

Otherwise, it sounds like an interesting project, so I recommend starting a new character who uses GoMule and RWM, and editing out that bullet and removing video link until you have one for the new character. Good luck!

ahh forgot about that arbitrary ruling. the in-game inventory system just seem like more of a no-brainer as it (more over it makes the process of recording everything more streamlined). should I just remove reference of it in the write up, was just being truthful about what I use upfront-- it's not like I be doing any trading on the forums.

while on that note I feel that specific point could do with some modification as I'm pretty sure every 1.13 character posted here is it using it even though they don't specifically state it. perhaps give us a forum tag to forbid us from using the trading subforum?

ahh forgot about that arbitrary ruling.
It’s not arbitrary. You say yourself in the OP that is has “cheat like features” built in to it.

while on that note I feel that specific point could do with some modification as I'm pretty sure every 1.13 character posted here is it using it even though they don't specifically state it. perhaps give us a forum tag to forbid us from using the trading subforum?
And what do you base this on? Have you seen any videos or screenshots on this forum where it is used without the post being removed or the poster being corrected?

Your attitude of “oh I broke the rules? Then I think you should change them” really rubs me the wrong way.
The way of playing, which includes the “rules” is a large part of this community. You are free to do what you want on your own computer, but if you want to post about and share your gameplay here you should respect the rules.

Thing is though, it's regulated by the ini once, and after saving it's no different than normal game. You can see the game play footage yourself from my recording. (you don't see the "respec" feature in the character and skill tree, I've also disabled the anni/torch option which isn't shown)

I can understand the rules if it's taken into certain context such as trading, that much I understand. but it's nonsensical when playing completely single player (no outside influence, outside trading) context. breaking the rule is using a hero editor or using an anni/ torch for single player. I've never done any of such sort. Apologies if I rub you the wrong way, I am upfront about it, I find the banning of one mod that can facilitate the function of multiple mods silly.

I think it also helps to serve as a buttress against communities who might not fit in the culture here at the SPF. A fair amount of people watch twitch streamers who use the program, and I dunno, the general culture of twitch is not something I'd like to see here.

Thing is though, it's regulated by the ini once, and after saving it's no different than normal game. You can see the game play footage yourself from my recording. (you don't see the "respec" feature in the character and skill tree, I've also disabled the anni/torch option which isn't shown)

I can understand the rules if it's taken into certain context such as trading, that much I understand. but it's nonsensical when playing completely single player (no outside influence, outside trading) context. breaking the rule is using a hero editor or using an anni/ torch for single player. I've never done any of such sort.

The thing is though, that is your opinion of what should and should not be considered breaking the rules. I don't want to discuss what is and what is not "breaking the rules" of D2 with you. I choose to play my way and you choose to play your way, which is 100% fine.
The forum rules are very clear on the mod you are using though, and if you want to post on the forum it's those rules that apply, not your own sense of the rules of D2 single player.

If you want to campaign for changing the rules of the forum I would suggest you follow the current posting rules while having the discussion and consult a moderator about how to best conduct such a discussion before starting it. Not following the forum rules when posting and then calling the rules silly when confronted about it is not only bad form but I would also suspect not a great way to change people's minds.

Apologies if I rub you the wrong way, I am upfront about it, I find the banning of one mod that can facilitate the function of multiple mods silly.
I don't have anything against you, your opinion, or the way you play the game, let that be clear. It's the way you present your opinion in post #3.

Yes, I admit I was at fault, and I've amended my post, as stated in post #3 I forgot about the rule. I still stand about my previous points however.

Same sentiments towards you too, no hard feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High