Any Druid Fans out there? Rabid Druid fans?

Fafner

Jun 23, 2003
Any Druid Fans out there? Rabid Druid fans?

I've been screwing around with a skills calculator, I'm sure you all know where and by who, so props to him, and I have to say I like the numbers on a Rabies/Fury/WW druid.

20 WW
20 Lyc
1 FR
20 Fury
20 Rabies
20 Poison Creeper

And with the Carrion Ring synergy to poison creeper, you can pump FR instead. Does this guy stack up in Hell? I have decent equip, A Cerberus bite and Aldurs Plate, and a few really fast weapons, alas no bramble runes, but I do have Trangs gloves. Anyway, thanks for your input.

druids is one of my fav chars but i haven´t played a rabies druid though...

anyway good luck with him :)

If you haven't thought about using the Plague Bearer (which you probably have), don't forget the +5 bonus to rabies that it provides.

I have been contemplating a rabies build, but I currently have too many irons in the fire. I hope it works though!

Dave in the Basement
Master of the Obvious

Yup, he stacks up quite well using Carrion Wind's charge synergy.
He really shines with a Bramble though.

My Rabid druid build was:

20 Lycanthropy
20 Oak Sage
20 Rabies
20 Fury
1 Grizzly
Prerequisites
Rest in Werewolf

He did quite well with over 5 k life and no deaths on the way to patriarch.
I like what you have planned with the Werewolf skill. My build didn't need
so much life and really could have used some more AR. His merc was a
Holy Freeze merc for extra crowd control.

Okay, so its do-able. Thanks SideShowBob. Dave, I hadn't forgotten about plague bearer as it seems I find 10 of them every game I MF *curses* but I still don't know what to use for end-game other than IK which seems cheesy, but maybe first time I'd better play it safe (I was thinking of strapping on my little razor edge tomahawk and making whooping Native American pantomimes, but then...well that's another build in the works). So SideShowBob, you used oak sage, what was your life without it? I mean can I 1-point it and hope for + to skills to make up?

Hm..havent' use druids since 1.09 (I played them a lil in 1.10). I just luv chars who can turn into anything beside boring old human. Never tried rabies build (I just use wearwolf with my wolf brothers, the dire wolves). Anyways, good luck with that build

-Klown :xman:

Fafner said:
So SideShowBob, you used oak sage, what was your life without it? I mean can I 1-point it and hope for + to skills to make up?

He used an upgraded Ribcracker as an end-game weapon.
He had 115 points in Strength, 42 in Dexterity (for an Ali Baba on switch)
and 405 into Vitality with +Stats items for a total life
just under 3.5 k with my best charms and no Oak Sage.

As for Oak Sage, +Skills are working well for my Armageddon/Fury
werewolf in the mid stages of Hell. You might even go HoW if you
wanted. I just don't like deaths. ;)

One important PvM point by the way: apply Rabies even to Poison Immunes
as they spread the infection to other monsters or even their spawners.
For instance, Sand Maggots and Blood Hawks are Poison Immune but
Sand Maggot eggs and Blood Hawk nests are not Poison Immune, so you
can use the rabies infection to destroy them! :D

Fafner said:
And with the Carrion Ring synergy to poison creeper, you can pump FR instead. Does this guy stack up in Hell? I have decent equip, A Cerberus bite and Aldurs Plate, and a few really fast weapons, alas no bramble runes, but I do have Trangs gloves. Anyway, thanks for your input.

The Carrion Ring charges will only work as synergies if you put NO points in poison creeper and refill the charges and leave them there, IIRC. That's the way that bone stuff works with marrowwalk. That should also leave you another 22 points that you don't have to put in the vine tree (20 creeper, 2 other). :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High