179.99 ... people pay real money for items in this game? Holy crap ...

bill_n_opus

Nov 4, 2021
so, just playing my fishymancer (necro summoner with ce) on players3 in Hell. I'm starting to get some drops here and there.

it's slow going since I bought this game. This is my first char in Hell and i'm running Pits to hopefully get kickstarted. Heck, i'm still using an insight polearm that barely does ... 94 dmg base? I can't find a 4os eth polearm yet ... still, love the meditation aura ... these enabled runewords compared to yesteryear is a real game changer for me.

anyways, somewhere along the way I get this

15max dmg, 7 fhr jewel.

i'm thinking "hey, this looks pretty nice" even though it's not for any of my beginner builds atm ... i'm sure someone would love this jewel ...

I looked it up online just for laughs and it's 179.99 (US dollars i'm assuming) ...

I'd sell it for a taco for sure ... like a birria taco ... mmmnnn ....

• Wow
Reactions: Zyr and Swamigoon
Don't know if people actually pay those sorts of prices for some of the gear. That's a lot of $$$ for one Jewel.
40/15 is $329.00. Eep.

Then you look at other items, prices seem more realistic, $20 for example for the entire Griswalds set.

I guess it seems worthwhile to bnetters who only care about PVP. What amuses me, though, is that you can buy SP/offline items. :rolleyes: Is anyone really paying money for offline items?

Just look at the sold items on ebay. It'll make you wonder why you are not doing it. (550 for Infinity....)

• Haha
Reactions: snickersnack
yeah, that's a good point about people spending money in all games ... I played world of tanks console for the last 7 years or so and I paid basically 100 bucks for a year of premium time and assorted stuff, every few years or so.

people would drop 60-70 bucks for a virtual tank when first released ...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High