15% ED (superior) is not possible on some weapons?

ziambe

Oct 21, 2009
It seems like some weapons when rolling the 'superior' mod will always roll +1 maximum damage and/or +1-3 to attack rating instead of +5-15% enhanced damage...

Two examples are short bows and light crossbows. I have picked up 20+ of each of these recently to complete my superior bow/xbow collections, but they never have + %ed.

The answer is probably buried somewhere in the spf, but can anyone help me understand which weapons cannot roll + %ed?

I think on low level superior weapons, when a +%ed is not enough to warrant any additional damage, a +1 max is rolled instead.

When spawned, a superior weapon can get 1-2 of the following:
  • +1-3 Attack Rating
  • +5-15% Increased Durability
  • +5-15% Enhanced Damage
When it gets Enhanced Damage, it rolls 5-15%, and if the result doesn't increase the max damage of the weapon by at least 1, then it gets +1 Maximum Damage instead.

This means that there are some weapons that will only ever get +1 max dam (hand axe, short bow, hunter's bow, club, dagger, short staff, scimitar, wand, and eagle orb), and a lot of normal weapons can get +1 max instead of +%ED, depending on the roll.

BtW, light crossbows can get +%ED if the roll is 12% or greater: 9 (max dam of lt xbow) * 1.12 (12%ED) = 10.08, floored to 10... if it got 11%, then its (9 * 1.11 = 9.99) < 10 (9+1), so it gets the +1 max dam mod instead.

Code:
Superior Light Crossbow
Two-Hand Damage: 6 to 10
Required Dexterity: 27
Required Strength: 21
Crossbow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0xe8df2660
+12% Enhanced Damage

WoRG

PurePremium