Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster

Vandersus

Dec 3, 2023
How original a title, right? I spent a bit of time this morning watching Grosse Pointe Blank and felt it was fitting.

I'm Vandersus. Diablo II has been my most played game and I can't seem to get away. For the past few years I've been using Shadow PC to play video games on my Macbook Pro. It's worked very well but the latency delay was noticeable enough to prevent me from buying D2: R. I just purchased an ASUS Rog Strix Scar. My first gaming PC since 2014. I was a little hesitant to buy a laptop but I travel for work and a gameboy (Nintendo Switch) just doesn't captivate my attention like it did in the days of Pokemon Blue.

I've been using it pretty extensively to play games I had previously held off on. Subnautica, for instance. I fell in love. It's a beautiful game. I only wish I could play it for the first time again. Below Zero is in the pipeline. For now, though, I am going to enjoy Diablo 2: R.

I've played Diablo II since it's release. I think it's been four or five years since I last played. It's time.

Predator - level 18 - hardcore future FoHdin
Sara - level 6 - hardcore future hybrid (bow cta project planning)
Sam - level 1 - hardcore future novamancer

Then there are a bunch of projects I have in an old notebook I found. To be honest that's kind of what sparked this gaming laptop purchase. I really want to grind out and play some builds I haven't gotten to in a long while. Mostly focusing on amazon/druid/assassin.

Anyway, nice to meet all of you. I look forward to reading your posts although I am already pretty familiar with quite a few of you.

Edit: I just bought a standing desk. This forum post is the first time I'm using it. This is definitely great for ADHD. I can move and frolic in the same spot while I frolic through Tristram.

Last edited:
Welcome! Be sure to upgrade ranged attacks for better lurker dam...erp wrong game!

Welcome! It’s fun times here. It really is hard to get away from a 23 year old game. That remaster was a shame to release…

The wallet still there, eh? *takes $3 from wallet*

OJ on me at the bar!

Welcome! Lots of fun to be had for sure still with this old game. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your progress.

Welcome to the SPF.

I play on a MacBook Pro, but it is one of the last Intel generations so I can use bootcamp with Windows 10. D2R and D4 are all just about manageable. I will never leave Mac for real stuff (My first one was an LCIII) but I think a two computer setup is the way to go in the future. Which Asus model did you go for out of interest?

Welcome Vandersus, nice to see a HC fan getting back into it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High