Matriarch Lizzie, Axe wielding Dreamy Enchantress (1.13)

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
Matriarch Lizzie, eBoTD Enchantress.

Level: 85

St – 106 (178)
Dx – 40 (96)
Vt – 334 (381)
En – 35 (72)

HP 1288
Mana 603

Damage after Enchant: 6023 – 8921
AR after BA Merc: 7753
Defence after Shiver Armour: 4945

Resists:

Fire: 75
Cold: 75
Ltning: 75
Poison: 75

Skills:

Enchant: 20/34 (on switch)
Warmth: 20/28
Fire Mastery: 20/28
Shiver Armour: 20/27
Static Field: 9/16

Fire Bolt & Fire Ball: 1/9
Telekinesis, Teleport, Frozen Armour, Ice Bolt & Ice Blast: 1/8

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

1.07 eth BoTD Berserker Axe
“Dream” Troll Nest

Weapon 2:

“Leaf” Gnarled Staf

“Um” Harlequin Crest
”Chains of Honour” Archon Plate
Laying of Hands
Gore Rider
Nosferatu's Coil
Mara's Kaleidoscope
SoJ & Raven Frost

Merc (Act 2 – BA)

Vampire Gaze
“Um” eth Shaftstop
“Infinity” eth Thresher

Random musings:

This, for reasons that completely escape me, has been the most fragile character I have ever made. One of the most powerful I’ll grant you, but the most fragile. And I really don’t see why! The combination of the fire damage from the Enchant, the lightning damage from the Dream shield, the small amount of damage I got from both the Poison Nova and the Shiver armour and the nice chunky amount of physical damage from the BoTD meant I was constantly doing big damage. The Infinity topped it all off and put a cherry on top. Damage galore!!! Confusion gave me a huge advantage in crowd control. Static Field whittled anything with unbreakable Fire Immunity with ease and even the merc could be trusted to do his share of killing. Still she must have died about thirty times. It seemed that once she was under the Amplify Damage curse she would die. I’m not saying that every time she was cursed she would die, but I do not recall dying when she was not cursed. And it was basically full HP to dead so fast I had no time to react, often in a single hit. I know I’ve got reaction times that a jellyfish would be ashamed of, but really this was not nice at all.

I decided to go for the BA merc rather than a Might one, thinking that I was already going to be doing enough damage and I think that was a good call. I started her off using a 1.09 Raven Claw and in conjunction with Enchant I was able to run at /p8 until the BoTD was available at level 69. Other than the many deaths the character went exactly to plan and, when I wasn’t going back to retrieve my body, the build was a great deal of fun.

So, that’s three down in my BoTD sept:

1. Heeeere’s Johnny, Frenzy Barb
2. Rev_Quick, Avenger
3. Lizzie, Enchantress

With that life, no block, 18DR only and you're surprised with died every time she was amped? I'm not sure if you're being ironic or not :p

Using Dream hat and CtA, max LR instead of armor and might instead of BA merc would have make her killing faster and survive more I'd think, but yet again that would make her much more similar to all other enchantress and I'm sure that was one of the things you were trying to avoid.

Why did you chose not to use skillers and CtA?

Hi I recently made a Venthantress (vengeance + enchant). I used a Feral axe to hit a max of 2.77 attacks per second. My damage was roughly 12 k on avg. so your damage is not as high as you think. With Berserker Axe you will hit 2.27 APS at 86% IAS. I recommend dual wielding Dream, that will seriously pump up your damage. Next I recommend a Holy Freeze merc, and finally I recommend one point in Mana Shield and remaining points in telekinesis. This way you will take far less direct damage and your damage output will be huge. Best of luck :)

Great job, I have troubles with characters like this and their fragility, too. I like your take on leveling, no wasted respec's there!

Why did you chose not to use skillers and CtA?

I look upon things like CtA, Enigma and repecs as cheats, or at least hyper-cheesy, and I don't use them before the character is a mat/pat. In fact even though I have a CtA, I've never used it because the thought of doing so leaves me feeling dirty.

Hi I recently made a Venthantress (vengeance + enchant). I used a Feral axe to hit a max of 2.77 attacks per second. My damage was roughly 12 k on avg. so your damage is not as high as you think. With Berserker Axe you will hit 2.27 APS at 86% IAS. I recommend dual wielding Dream, that will seriously pump up your damage. Next I recommend a Holy Freeze merc, and finally I recommend one point in Mana Shield and remaining points in telekinesis. This way you will take far less direct damage and your damage output will be huge. Best of luck :)

I was going for the Sorcoress member my BoTD sept with this character so there was no other option really. Thanks for your advice but Lizzie is destined for retirement, she'll never be played again.

Great job, I have troubles with characters like this and their fragility, too. I like your take on leveling, no wasted respec's there!

In fact I did waste a respec, I misclicked twice! :oops:

I look upon things like CtA, Enigma and repecs as cheats, or at least hyper-cheesy, and I don't use them before the character is a mat/pat. In fact even though I have a CtA, I've never used it because the thought of doing so leaves me feeling dirty.

Each to its own... but for me that makes no sense. Not only Infinity changes the game much more than CtA for such characters like this one but also Infinity needs RWM and CtA doesn't. Free OP aura on merc changes the game a lot just like oskills. Enigma I can understand altough.

Not using skillers is because of the same dirty feeling?

But I forgot to say in my post. Congrats! What's next in the Sept?

Last edited:
This looks like a lot of fun! Except for the deaths... but I know what you mean. One of my most fragile characters was a similar Zealing Titan Berserkeress I made. Even though she was a Titan, she had essentially the same HP as your character.

Not using skillers is because of the same dirty feeling?

Pretty much, everything must be kept on the character at all times. And not just in the cube either,

What's next in the Sept?

At the moment I'm cleaning up unfinished characters and 1.13 is nice and clean. I'll get on with the sept once I finish off a few parked 1.09 characters; I've got a poison/spiritmancer, a blender and a frenzy-barb.

Oh, and I forgot to add--I like the name. :)

She wasn't naked and don't kill her parents, but the axe fits!;)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High