Arrested Development Mafia Game Thread

Given my role, or lack thereof, I'm as good a random mislynch for the town today as anyone.

So you think that claiming pairings is bad, but revealing yourself as vanilla is good?
I view having the leading votes with 7 hours until day ends as enough pressure to say something. Contrary to your poor assumption; however, I didn't actually claim anything. I specifically said my role (or lack thereof) in order to avoid claiming. There are a wide array of roles that might make the same statement I did, and only one of those roles has no powers. So why is that the only one you considered?
Also, the town has no way to know whether the scum are clearing out town/town tables or not, so there should be no scrutiny applied to pairings that persist for awhile. Now that a small minority of the game have decided to force a day one pairing reveal, the entire mechanic is just a way for the mafia to hide and confuse the town with.

The way you wrote your post I came to the same exactly assumption that Jcakes did, so if thats a poor assumption just call me stupid. Your inference of your lack of a role making you good for a random mislynch as you put it pretty much makes it easily intereptible as you claiming to be vanilla.

I still think pyro's nearly baseless arguments in favor of revealing pairings are scummier than your partner claim, but you just rocketed up the suspicious list for me, for what that's worth. :)
Unvote: Bad Ash
Vote: Pyrotechnician
Yep totally baseless arguements, I make no good points whatsoever.
Not directed at me, but I'm going to answer because I actually used similar words about sathoris(or at least I thought them, it may not have made it into my actual post): It forces hands because IF sath's pairing is purely town, scum now know 3/7-4/7 pairings, rather than 2/7-3/7. That means it's likely they now know more than half the pairings. If their aim were to split up teams "just in case" as it were, they can now shoot semi-randomly(not targeting themselves, their own partners, sathoris, or goryani) and would be guaranteed to split up 1/4-1/3 of the remaining unknown pairings, rather than being guaranteed to split up 1/5 to 1/4. He has forced our hands, as it were, by both increasing the effectiveness of scum actions, AND by diminishing the value of the knowledge in the event we don't all share today.
These pairings are going to be revealed anyway, its going to happen, just like mass claim always happens. You really want this smokescreen of discussion to continue don't you numbers?
There's a broader context than just that post; however. I don't know Sath's alignment (you'll note I use the word "if" a lot), or the alignment of his partner. What I do know is that the mafia must know the composition of at least 2 tables, and more likely three of 7, meaning that with just the few claims we've seen, if those people are town the mafia now has all the info they need to play out whatever strategy they choose.
The town; however, gains no benefit whatsoever from this information being in the thread and available. There will be an endless amount of WIFOM involved in trying to extrapolate anything from what they do with their night kills. Some people will inevitably comment on what they think is going on and the scum can change or not depending on which course suits their ends.
Knowing the pairings has almost no potential value to the town and in actual gameplay I suspect it will have a net value of absolutely nothing. The only people helped by knowing that info are the scum who can now play it however they like and leave the town more confused and more in the dark than usual, due to the extra mechanic to account for and the confusion it adds to any logical analysis of interactions, voting, night kills and such when looking through the thread to form reads.
I think leaving more confusion and lack of discussion in the game thread other than around if we should claim partners or not is more harmful. And we would be able to further analyze connections in voting/interactions if partner pairs are known from the start.

Umm, so scum kills a good PR tonite and tells town tomorrow that their partner was VT? Pass.
Or scum gets a mislynch by claiming the above has happened to a group of two townies?
Ignore lack of spelling and logic, phonestyle
This is strange. I need to wrap my head around it but I don't see it being a good idea for the town. That would give a very high chance of mafia knowing at least one of probably several PRs... unless we all fake claim.. lol. It also makes the partner of whoever dies that night seem highly suspicious by proxy
If we were to put the idea into effect I would almost fully expcect any actuall power roles to claim vanilla, and of course any scum would do the same so we would end up with a lot of vanilla claims until the power roles actually wanted to claim (or at least I would hope so if any of the town players are worth anything).

Also since no one is going to be lynched anyway:

Vote: Numbers

Day 1 End

Narrator: The members of the Bluth Family gathered near the pool in a drunken haze. None of them were sober enough to come to any sort of decision on the recent departure of their beloved maid, Lupé.

“I’m out of this family, seriously. None of you could stay sober for more than a couple of hours?” Drunk Michael said disapprovingly.

“Oh don’t be such a hypocrite, Michael,” Lucille scoffed, “you always were my second least favourite child.”

“Alright how about we reconvene here in the morning and we can discuss this like an actually family”, Michael said as he slumped down into a lawn chair, passing out.

Narrator: So the Bluth’s separated to their rooms for the night, contemplating the decision they had to make the next day.

No one has been lynched.

It is now Night 1, please have any actions submitted by 24 hours from this post.

Day 2 will begin at 5PM EDT Wednesday June the 11th.

Final Vote Count:

Drixx (2):
Jcakes, Thyiad
Bad Ash (1): Pharphis
Numbers (2): Drixx, Pyrotechnician
Pyro (1): Numbers
Thyiad (2): Zokar, Bad Ash
Jcakes (2): Caluin Graye, thefranklin
Caluin Graye (1): Sathoris

My first choice would be CG. His words (enthusiasim in partner chat) seem consistent with his new found desire to not be so lurkish as scum. His words appear to be that of participation and townie thoughts but they seem shallow and forced.

Next choice is numbers. He's waffling and all over the place and appears to be pumping for info - info about how I'm going to be scumhunting this game.

Each have 1 vote so...

Vote: Drixx

All defense and NO offense.

George Michael: "Dad! DAD! I can't wake Ann!"

Michael: "Who?"

thefranklin has been killed. He was Ann Veal. Town. Vanilla.

The day has started, and will continue until 5:00 PM Eastern on Friday.

Living Players
Zokar
Pharphis
Pyro
Caluin Graye
Goryani
Bad Ash
Drixx
Numbers
Sathoris
Jcakes
Laarz
Thyiad
FredofEric

My first choice would be CG. His words (enthusiasim in partner chat) seem consistent with his new found desire to not be so lurkish as scum. His words appear to be that of participation and townie thoughts but they seem shallow and forced.

Next choice is numbers. He's waffling and all over the place and appears to be pumping for info - info about how I'm going to be scumhunting this game.

Each have 1 vote so...

Vote: Drixx

All defense and NO offense.

Waffling? Just because you don't agree with the intent of my statements doesn't mean I'm waffling. I've remained firm on my opinion on the only topic of discussion we've had since my very first post about it.

I think we should all claim our partners, and get it out of the way. I wasn't back in time to comment and too lazy to go quote (I mentioned this in my QT when I read them) but I agree with pyro on the QT topic being overdone and I think we need to move on. I'm in favor of claiming right now

Zokar, do you still hate the idea of claiming?

Also, as I asked Laarz, what would you like to move on to? I think we've all established our opinion on the issue of partner sharing(those of us who cared to share that opinion at least), I am however at a loss as to exactly what direction those clamoring for a change of subject want to take things in.

How about this: Who should we believe, Sath, Jcakes, or Goryani, about the partner sharing done by Sath? It was clearly intended to illustrate the issues with partner sharing(although in the event of universal partner sharing it's not exactly difficult to get honest information from everyone), but is any part of those exchanges scummy?

We could also just agree to not ever reveal our partners without any immediate information gain to the town, and move on from the subject in the same fashion.
But we aren't going to agree to that...
Also, as I asked Laarz, what would you like to move on to? I think we've all established our opinion on the issue of partner sharing(those of us who cared to share that opinion at least), I am however at a loss as to exactly what direction those clamoring for a change of subject want to take things in.

How about this: Who should we believe, Sath, Jcakes, or Goryani, about the partner sharing done by Sath? It was clearly intended to illustrate the issues with partner sharing(although in the event of universal partner sharing it's not exactly difficult to get honest information from everyone), but is any part of those exchanges scummy?
Can you outline the connection? I'm missing something

I'm tired of that topic and it's not going to burn up another day.

Zokar is my partner. He hasn't said squat in our chat and probably hasn't even read it. I asked him if he thought the room number had any significance but BPC responded that it was just flavor before I got a chance to see if that would get him talking.

I'm tired of that topic and it's not going to burn up another day.

Zokar is my partner. He hasn't said squat in our chat and probably hasn't even read it. I asked him if he thought the room number had any significance but BPC responded that it was just flavor before I got a chance to see if that would get him talking.
Mr. Zokar anti-claim is against even using the QT? lol wow

So how's this for a conversation starter: I have reason to believe Numbers is Scumbers this game. Any thoughts?

I think we should all claim our partners, and get it out of the way. I wasn't back in time to comment and too lazy to go quote (I mentioned this in my QT when I read them) but I agree with pyro on the QT topic being overdone and I think we need to move on. I'm in favor of claiming right now

Zokar, do you still hate the idea of claiming?

I won't be claiming. You can do whatever pleases you :D

We could also just agree to not ever reveal our partners without any immediate information gain to the town, and move on from the subject in the same fashion.

I like the last part of the quote, seems like a good thing to do.

So how's this for a conversation starter: I have reason to believe Numbers is Scumbers this game. Any thoughts?

What would that reason be?

I won't be claiming. You can do whatever pleases you :D

I like the last part of the quote, seems like a good thing to do.

What would that reason be?
I mean partner claiming, not role claiming. you're so strongly against claiming partners but you're not even making use of having a partner? this to me is scummy

I mean partner claiming, not role claiming. you're so strongly against claiming partners but you're not even making use of having a partner? this to me is scummy

Not going to claim a partner either. And what makes you so sure that I'm not using the QT?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High