The Hole - Mini Mafia game

Good call! Completely forgot about the lock rule.

If I can do proper math it looks like day ends in 5.5 hours.

It should never stop completely. At the end of the day this is a game and one must enjoy him/herself. But I guess shenanigans should dim down once there's a real subject with some facts that needs the attention.

Sorry, it was a trick question. The Serious Discussion should never stop. Off-topic posts and other shenanigans are always fine as long as they are accompanied by serious posts. Lack of serious posts is the issue, not presence of tomfoolery and ballyhoo.

And you have a lack of serious posts. Post 61 was a good example. Gwaihir said D1 *starts* with fooling about then you change that to D1 *is* about fooling around while continuing to fool around. I can't say I've seen you try to find townies this game.

To me, that looks like you're trying to defend Drixx for some reason while also attempting to distance yourself from him. As we know that the only ties between two people at this point can only mean mafia, I'm not sure if you're trying to pull an obvious fast one and play it as WIFOM, or I'm being too paranoid.

Defending Drixx is the opposite of what I wrote. Another name for distancing is bussing (and is the opposite of defend).

Funny you mention ties. Read your post assuming Drixx is town. Now read your post assuming Drixx is mafia. Whoa. You know Drixx is scum. You want to call me scummy for simultaneously defending and distancing from a scummy player. A townie thinking two mafia are engaged in defending and distancing would be happy to vote either one. You have ignored Drixx to focus on me. Ergo, you are not townie. That makes you tied with Drixx.

Sorry, it was a trick question. The Serious Discussion should never stop. Off-topic posts and other shenanigans are always fine as long as they are accompanied by serious posts. Lack of serious posts is the issue, not presence of tomfoolery and ballyhoo.

And you have a lack of serious posts. Post 61 was a good example. Gwaihir said D1 *starts* with fooling about then you change that to D1 *is* about fooling around while continuing to fool around. I can't say I've seen you try to find townies this game.

Defending Drixx is the opposite of what I wrote. Another name for distancing is bussing (and is the opposite of defend).

Funny you mention ties. Read your post assuming Drixx is town. Now read your post assuming Drixx is mafia. Whoa. You know Drixx is scum. You want to call me scummy for simultaneously defending and distancing from a scummy player. A townie thinking two mafia are engaged in defending and distancing would be happy to vote either one. You have ignored Drixx to focus on me. Ergo, you are not townie. That makes you tied with Drixx.

First off, I'm not trying to find townies. My goal is to find scum. While you might not agree with the way I do it or with my passive play style, at the end of the day, that is my goal.

Secondly, where did you read that I assumed Drixx is town or mafia? Am I going senile and forget my own thoughts, are you attempting to put words in my mouth and make me look bad, or is it that you have your facts wrong?

Vote Tally:

Bad Ash (1): BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist (3): kestegs, Drixx, crawlingdeadman

Day ends in 4 hours 40 minutes.

First off, I'm not trying to find townies. My goal is to find scum. While you might not agree with the way I do it or with my passive play style, at the end of the day, that is my goal.

It doesn't look like you are trying to find scum either.

Secondly, where did you read that I assumed Drixx is town or mafia? Am I going senile and forget my own thoughts, are you attempting to put words in my mouth and make me look bad, or is it that you have your facts wrong?

I read your post twice. The first time I assumed Drixx was town. The second time I assumed Drixx was mafia. I. Not you. I wanted others to do the same thing so I gave instructions to do so (read your post this way.. read your post that way). If Drixx is mafia then your post is massively scummy. You did everything you accused me of. It's the type of post one mafioso might say of another on D1. A weak scummy read plus a weak defense. No action. If Drixx is lynched then you can make a case against me. If I'm lynched then Drixx will seem that much townier. Your actions are consistent with mafia trying to put themselves in a stronger position.

It doesn't look like you are trying to find scum either.

I read your post twice. The first time I assumed Drixx was town. The second time I assumed Drixx was mafia. I. Not you. I wanted others to do the same thing so I gave instructions to do so (read your post this way.. read your post that way). If Drixx is mafia then your post is massively scummy. You did everything you accused me of. It's the type of post one mafioso might say of another on D1. A weak scummy read plus a weak defense. No action. If Drixx is lynched then you can make a case against me. If I'm lynched then Drixx will seem that much townier. Your actions are consistent with mafia trying to put themselves in a stronger position.

As I said previously, while you don't see my methods and my ways, I assure you I am attempting to (perhaps not at the pace you would expect).

And with the whole Drixx issue, wow, what I was trying to do is get a reaction out of you and you go berserk about it. I was simply stating how that post of your made me feel and you turn it around and say that I'm scum.

Vote:Goryani

There's no reason for you to act the way you did and over complicate a simple thing. At this point, you're either a very aggressive townie or mafia attempting to look like one. Either way, as I've no strong opinion on anyone else at this point, you get my vote.

This one for the same reason kesticle mentioned:

Alright, seeing as I'm fairly close to being lynched here. Why is my post so bad there? I was obviously joking about it and was in no way being serious. I feel like what Kestegs said about town going at each other is exactly what's happening. We need to push our focus elsewhere, that's why I suggest the incredibly quiet Bad Ash. He hasn't said much of anything, and judging from last game, he normally likes to get a few words in.

CDM casting the lock-1 vote places some suspicion on him. Scum generally don't want to lock a lynch, even if they are bussing someone. I was waiting to see who would put him at lock-1, so that's a note against CDM going forward, imo.

He's reading your post and trying to figure out what you think of me. Since mafia have daytalk in this game, it seems that Goryani assumes the mafia team will try to work together in some way.

Frankly I'm a bit perturbed that someone could make a case that I'm tied to like 3 different people now. If any one of them flip scum everyone's gonna be looking at me sideways.

Bipolar... you gonna have to do a little better than that. We have precious little time left and our only viable wagons seem to be you and goryani. While Goryani has made some scummy posts, he at least has some logic behind his posts and seems to be scumhunting. You, on the other hand, haven't really contributed to scumhunting unless you are a vanilla townie trying to get yourself lynched and hoping the voting will help guide us to scum?

I almost voted gory yesterday so I can see it and the BPC trying to push a lynch onto me is pretty smart cause I had the one vote. Is that scummy? It feels kind of scummy.

And to my lurking I just am not trying to be as obsessed. I am still here and will be. Anyone who read last game should understand why I am not more vocal lol. I am not scum either although that would be a reasonable play.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Alright, seeing as I'm fairly close to being lynched here. Why is my post so bad there? I was obviously joking about it and was in no way being serious. I feel like what Kestegs said about town going at each other is exactly what's happening. We need to push our focus elsewhere, that's why I suggest the incredibly quiet Bad Ash. He hasn't said much of anything, and judging from last game, he normally likes to get a few words in.
No, you weren't obviously joking. And if you really were, then why didn't you say that when in said it earlier.

CDM casting the lock-1 vote places some suspicion on him. Scum generally don't want to lock a lynch, even if they are bussing someone. I was waiting to see who would put him at lock-1, so that's a note against CDM going forward, imo.

He's reading your post and trying to figure out what you think of me. Since mafia have daytalk in this game, it seems that Goryani assumes the mafia team will try to work together in some way.

Frankly I'm a bit perturbed that someone could make a case that I'm tied to like 3 different people now. If any one of them flip scum everyone's gonna be looking at me sideways.

Bipolar... you gonna have to do a little better than that. We have precious little time left and our only viable wagons seem to be you and goryani. While Goryani has made some scummy posts, he at least has some logic behind his posts and seems to be scumhunting. You, on the other hand, haven't really contributed to scumhunting unless you are a vanilla townie trying to get yourself lynched and hoping the voting will help guide us to scum?

Gory is the only other wagon that viable. Really? I wouldn't vote gory today, not by a long shot. I don't agree with all of the points he's made so far, but I get a town vibe from him.

My second choice would be you, I don't like your reaction to gory early on especially.

Sounds to me like you're trying to coach bipolar in what to say, although that doesn't exactly make sense since there is mafia day talk.

Hmm, I can't say I follow your logic here. Why do you find the voter at lock-1 suspicious? You point out that scum don't want lock a lynch, so why does that put your suspicion on CDM? I would think it would actually make me more suspicious to you, as I did not lock BPC when I had the chance and said he would be my voting target.

I almost voted gory yesterday so I can see it and the BPC trying to push a lynch onto me is pretty smart cause I had the one vote. Is that scummy? It feels kind of scummy.

This is what I feel. At the time of his vote, you were the only other person with a vote (mine, a joke vote). Seems like he just wanted the attention off him any way he can.

As for Gory, I agree with kegs. The method of playing today feels like townie Gory. I am curious what you mean TC - you point out that Gory is distancing himself from Drixx, while also defending him. Seems like they are completely different tactics, and to try both would be suicide. While Gory does not normally ignore scum partners, why would the two scum partners go at each other as they did today? That is just a good way of getting one of the 2 mafia lynched D1. And while it may buy the other one time, still a terrible tactic, with 1-2 town power roles out there.

That actually gives me a question for SI, as it seems like it might be different from last game. Is there a set hitman, or can the rolecop submit both the kill and the investigate?

As I said previously, while you don't see my methods and my ways, I assure you I am attempting to (perhaps not at the pace you would expect).

And with the whole Drixx issue, wow, what I was trying to do is get a reaction out of you and you go berserk about it. I was simply stating how that post of your made me feel and you turn it around and say that I'm scum.

Vote:Goryani

There's no reason for you to act the way you did and over complicate a simple thing. At this point, you're either a very aggressive townie or mafia attempting to look like one. Either way, as I've no strong opinion on anyone else at this point, you get my vote.

How was your plan of trying to provoke a reaction meant to distinguish between an aggressive townie and mafia trying to act like an aggressive townie. The bolded sentence can be simplified to: Gory is either town or scum. Provoking a reaction just to arrive at such an equivocating opinion doesn't strike me as evidence a plan was in place at the beginning.

Assume you manage to lynch me and I flip scum. How would that affect your opinion of Drixx?
Assume you manage to lynch me and I flip town. How would that affect your opinion of Drixx?

p.s. You haven't seen berserk yet.

That actually gives me a question for SI, as it seems like it might be different from last game. Is there a set hitman, or can the rolecop submit both the kill and the investigate?

If something is not included in post 1, it is privileged information.

Vote Tally:

Bad Ash (1): BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist (3): kestegs, Drixx, crawlingdeadman
Goryani (1): ThunderCat

Day ends in 1 hour 15 minutes.

Well that's obviously about it for me.

At least we aren't lynching a power role.

Good luck Town! Kick that scum to the curb and I'll see you on the other side!

Vote: Bad Ash

It's looking like a BPC lynch is a mistake. BA would not be my first choice but I can't point to a reason to not vote for him.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High