Some general questions about the community.

Kham

Nov 26, 2011
Some general questions about the community.

Hi there, I`m Kham, born and living in Germany and I play Diablo 2: LoD Single Player since about 3 years now and have been constantly lurking these forums, but just recently created an account.

Basically I`ve only seldomly played online and done it mostly alone since I`m a hardcore player (infact I`ve beaten the game only once in softcore normal and only to unlock hardcore) and I was totally turned off by the constant spam and the fear of TPPK hackers in public games.

So basically when the current ladder resetted I decided to give online play another try and was creating a Necromancer wich I played until level 80 when I killed myself while corpse exploding when a pack of Stygian Doll was lingering right behind a wall out of my sight in the Kurast Sewers.

All I got from this run were useless exceptionals, a ton of normal stuff and a Vex rune that I got from the Nightmare WSK.

Since I didn`t want to quit completely and never played anything else but a summoning Necromancer, I gave the Barbarian a try. Still had a 290 percent enhanced damage Bonesnap so I went the Berserker route. Along the way I started to a love/hate relationship with the Barbarian. I loved his crowd control, his survivabilty, speed and and damage but hated the single target hitting and total lack of AoE damage.

I thought with all the PGems I`ve muled away it would be easy to build an Immortal King Barbarian by trading my high rune. Made a thread here but the forums seem to be dead. Everyone else that I asked said I should trade at D2jsp and so I did and I had my Immortal King`s Soul Cage in about 5 minutes.

When I told some people on Battle.net about this I was treated like an asshole. You know, I`ve never cheated in a videogame and given my DotA and Warcraft 3 history, I`m a friend of fair and competetive play. This guy said that D2jsp works together with item shops and the owners were bot programmers and those bots basically ruin the games fun, economy and competitiveness.

So before you die reading this wall of text:

Was this guy right? Is d2jsp a hacker site? And where do I find password protected games with legit players that have a good time on Vent/Teamspeak? Where should I trade? Seems this site is dead except for the Single Player forums and D3 forums.

I`m basically pretty lost and would appreciate if you guys could help me out with some questions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Some general questions about the community.

We don't talk about JSP here...it's an abomination.

This site is dead?

I never noticed, been here many moons.

We don't talk about JSP here...it's an abomination.

This site is dead?

I never noticed, been here many moons.

I was only referring to the trading forums. At least in the hardcore section there`s close to no activity.

The single player forums and strategy forums here are a real gift and I have used them since many moons. ;)

Maybe you just mean HC trading? The Europe, US East and US softcore forum is visited rather well. Not as massively as that other forum, but I would feel like ant ant in an anthill there. I might be biased, but even when not considering the issue of botting, I don't like that place.

it's not worth dealing with the idiots to trade there. i'd rather not trade.

Just saw your post in the HC trade forums, Are you aware of Op Gauss?

I would probably trade on Jsp if it wasn't was the ridiculous prices over there... 4 fg for one Ist rune? Really? I guess I'll only pick up Jahs and Bers then. :coffee: And then some people have literally 100k+ fg... Meaning 25,000 Ist runes! :crazyeyes: Some guy from there said that Lo runes are cheaper to buy in bulk. I ask how much 'bulk' is, having just traded my *** off on Bnet to get one single Lo. His answer? Bulk = 80 Lo runes! 80!!! Sure, noone bots @ jsp, totally legit site. :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::highfive::party::pancake::propeller:

What do you mean?

Check here for details on what I mean. Basically Gauss is a hardcore closed community for legit players.

Well imagine you played dota and you could press f1 and maphack was on, and none would know of it unless you told them, that's how easy it's to hack in diablo that might be a bit over the top it but it aint that far from the truth.

You can't really stop people from botting everyone does it and blizzard doesn't care.
Jsp have rules that say blablabla not that they follow them, but even this site where it's frowned heavily on have botters but nothing can really be done unless people are beyond stupid.

If you play online you can't help but be heavily affected by cheaters personally i prefer to just say screw it don't care how they got the stuff, but if it matters well i wouldn't suggest to play online.

If you wanna go legit it's sp sad but that is just how it is

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High