It's me again, Smiter Question

SunSet

Jul 30, 2011
It's me again, Smiter Question

Hi all ^^

I built a perfect Smiter for Uber runs (this doesnt mean i have all the "gz" stuff for him, this means i can run Ubers without using a single potion) and after i got my Enigma, i also started MFing.

The wepon i used for Ubers, for obvious reasons, is Grief, and now that i MF, i use almost always Zeal (i built my Smiter on the "1pt SMiter Guide" i found here) and i'm wondering, should i stick with Grief? Cause today, after a Diablo run, i found a "lightsabre", and just for curiosity i put it on..there's a huge difference of attack...

So, what wepon?
thnx for reading/helping.

Re: It's me again, Smiter Question

Definitely stick with Grief. Your character screen will lie to you, Grief does way more damage.

The reason it may seem like there is a lot more damage on your character screen is because the +dmg amount from grief doesn't show up in the damage numbers. Have you actually tried putting the two to use in comparison to see how long it takes to kill say standard diablo. You should see a significant difference.

Yeah, you guys are right..i tried it, and actually grief is much better ^^

you don't need a "good" grief, any grief is amazing, even the lowest possible roll.

I'm not sure where you guys are bringing last wish into this from since th op was comparing lightsabre to grief but yes a grief is a better "investment" then a last wish since its both cheaper to make and sells easier as well.

In a pb - yes

In a zerk, some builds care about the IAS then.

I can see why a barb would put it in a zerk, but why would a pally? The damage difference is practically nonexistent (completely non-existent for smite), and the speed difference is considerable.

As for death... eh. A perfect roll eDeathz does 345 average damage. That is lower than the lowest possible grief. The glacial spike is kind of cool, I guess - but then, so is the venom (and ITD since zealing mostly means non-bosses). If you're not using gores and g's face I suppose having the crushing on the death is nice in 8 player games, but I don't like swapping gear around all the time, and obviously am going to want gores and g's for smiting so I just use them all the time.

Last edited:

is grief only available on the ladder? I am playing non ladder so if I cant get grief what should i be trying for as a good smiter weapon (the 20point smiter build not a 1 point zealer). Thanks.

A pvm paladin wouldn't make it in a BA, since the extra range is pretty useless, but some pvp players value that extra range alot.

is grief only available on the ladder? I am playing non ladder so if I cant get grief what should i be trying for as a good smiter weapon (the 20point smiter build not a 1 point zealer). Thanks.

If you don't mind the price premium you should still be trying for grief. You won't be able to make one, but you can still trade for one that has come over from ladder.

If you want things that can be made/found on NL there's nothing even close to as good as grief, but there is:

Asteron's Iron Ward
The Redeemer
Stormlash
Kingslayer

I can see why a barb would put it in a zerk, but why would a pally? The damage difference is practically nonexistent (completely non-existent for smite), and the speed difference is considerable.

As for death... eh. A perfect roll eDeathz does 345 average damage. That is lower than the lowest possible grief. The glacial spike is kind of cool, I guess - but then, so is the venom (and ITD since zealing mostly means non-bosses). If you're not using gores and g's face I suppose having the crushing on the death is nice in 8 player games, but I don't like swapping gear around all the time, and obviously am going to want gores and g's for smiting so I just use them all the time.

It has a high DS %, and high CB % make it extremely viable.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High