A Very Merry Saturdaily

smips

Oct 17, 2007
A Very Merry Saturdaily

Merry Christmas SPF! :balloons: And for those who don't celebrate, Merry Saturday to you :wink:

RL: Work up a little while ago. Still haven't done the presents thing. I'm watching A Christmas Story and waiting for Borderlands to finish downloading. My sister and brother and law are coming over at 3, so that should be fun. The food should be good too.

D2: We'll see. I've been playing a lot of Minecraft and if Borderlands finishes, I imagine I'll be playing that.

Re: A Very Merry Saturdaily

Merry Christmas and or Saturday.

RL: presents are done. The boys have been in the back yard shooting a bale of hay with there bow and BB guns for awhile, now its time to go eat yay.

D2: Doesn't seem likely today but we will see

Merry Christmas and Saturday!

RL: 2 weeks off from work started Friday so I am beginning to relax. Had Christmas celebration yesterday (in Sweden we celebrate on Christmas Eve for some reason; and we do it by watching Donald Duck on TV...)

D2: My berserker Dude is finished with act 3 NM, and I will have him go through act 4 tomorrow or Monday. I have an upped Bonesnap on him and it does deal a lot of damage. It is also very slow and I need to check up on Nightfish's guide on what crowd control to use... otherwise Hell is going to be very... ehh.. hellish.

Merry Christmas everyone!

RL: I proposed to my gf yesterday and she said yes!!! :jig: :balloons: :jig: I'm still grinning stupidly all the time and miss words to tell how happy I am :cloud9: But I felt like telling you guys and gals here, and I hope you bear with my merriness the next few days/weeks/how long it will take to get back to everyday emotional level. Sad thing is, that she had to work night turn yesterday and has to work tonight and tomorrow night, so we almost don't see each other...

Other than that, I visited my grandma in hospital - she had major surgery last week, but is doing fine and will be at rehab probably in 2 weeks time.

D2: Am going to start up my obsession necromancer tonight.

I proposed to my gf yesterday and she said yes!!! :jig: :balloons: :jig: I'm still grinning stupidly all the time and miss words to tell how happy I am :cloud9:

Sheesh. That does deserve it's own daily, you know. Congratulations!

RL: Spent the day with family. Just beat my mother in scrabble and had a bingo for the first time in my life.

D2: Grisu made me post in the daily. ;)

--Greebo

RL: Played this huge 366 person Magic tournament online yesterday. The winner gets an invite to this huge tournament in Paris, as well as $1000 etc etc, basically a very big deal for a Magic player. Second place and down gets basically nothing. Pretty harsh deal, I know.

I go undefeated all the way to the finals, going 11-0 in matches. In the final, it's 1-1 in games (best of 3) and when I'm in a very good position to win I make an extremely trivial mistake which ends up costing me the game, and hence the invite to the Pro Tour. I've wanted this PT Invite so so much, and getting so extremely close and then giving it away due to my crippling retardedness after having played very well for 11½ hours is basically the worst feeling ever, and I've pretty much been depressed all day. The mistake itself was so retarded as well, it can almost be compared to seeing a Jah drop on the ground and then S&E or something. Basically FML :(

D2: Whatever

Congratulations Grisu, may you and the future wife have many many happy christmases - and other days of course :)

RL: Almost sickeningly full for most of the day. Helped my mum out with the cooking/carving/organising etc when my gran and aunt came round. Then ate, and ate and ate. My brother got super smash bros and we played that in the evening, great fun and decent banter from a nine year old. Now gonna relax, maybe play some poker or some video games - slow ones.

D2: Not today.

OVG: Maybe more smash bros, or medieval total war kingdoms, i dont know.

Congrats Grisu! If I could change the daily thread name, I would :)

@Fabian: Sorry to hear that.Can I ask what kind of deck you were using? I don't follow MTG too much anymore, but I'm curious.

Thanks for the congratulations everyone!

Sheesh. That does deserve it's own daily, you know. Congratulations!

Nah, first come, first served, I guess :) And that way I can tell people more often ("What, you don't know yet that..." :wink:)

RL: Played this huge 366 person Magic tournament online yesterday.
Sad to hear you lost the decisive game! That's the thing with M:TG - you only need to let go of your wits one second and you're done :( It happened to me some years ago in a very tiny sealed deck tournament where I drew the best cards of all, hands down. But still I was beaten in the decisive game, because I took a rash decision...Hope you have better luck next time!

Also, I'd like to know what deck you used, too (or at least the colours :wink:)

The thermostat on my little space heater says it's 45 F (7.2 C) in this room, and I believe it, because it's ****in cold. :)

I had a raspberry beer today...mmmm. Some friends of mine (Erin and George) gave me a few bottles of different beers, and this is the first I've been able to get my girlfriend to drink. Erin knows that she likes raspberry, so I suspect that they gave me that one so that she'd drink some. :) It's pretty tasty, but it's basically raspberry juice. There's no hops flavor at all, so, I'm a bit suspicious that it's really beer...

D2: Ummm, none today so far, but I'll do some Act 5 runs with my whirler now...

RL: There expresses increasing discouragement from having kids. :( My girlfriend's sister has two kids, and my brother has two. Yozwa.

EDIT: 50 F now, or 10 C. :)

Hope everyone had a good Xmas. I know Grisu did. Congrats! Now you won't have to remember the date of the anniversary of the proposal!

RL: Had a nice Xmas with the family. Just got back to Plymouth with the GF. Going to get in PJs and open the remaining presents.

D2: Nope. Not festive enough.

OVG: Maybe some Zombie Driver or maybe just some Let's Plays.

Smips and Grisu, this was a Sealed Deck tournament as well. Had a nice blue/red deck with some removal, some tricky cards and some powerful cards. Definitely didn't expect to win all 9 matches with it, can't complain though.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High