Really bad luck.

kRIMBO

Oct 24, 2010
Really bad luck.

Ok. I've started Act 3 on nightmare now.
And since I've got the Kurast my lucks been terrible.
I've had all my MF attire on and I have no drops AT ALL and I've prowelled the arachnid lair, spider cavern, strolled miles of forest and nothing. Not even a magic item. Nout.
I don't understand.
I've been playing about 2-3 hours and I've had bugger all.
Also my merc keeps dieing recently, he's got a Stealth armour, a helm with 30 lightening and cold resists, and a poleaxe with 72-146 or something.

WHATS GOING ON ?! :(

Re: Really bad luck.

Random drops are random.

Hopefully you are staying out of trouble and feeding potions to your merc. I suggest leveling up in earlier acts if you feel act 3 is too tough.

Ah, I don't even remember what it feels like to play the game untwinked :coffee:

I've definitely gone hours without finding anything good while questing. If you're hungry for magic items, stick to boss runs (NM Mephisto can drop a lot of great stuff like Skullder's Ire for MF and Skin of the Vipermagi for Resists)

If you're having trouble while questing stash your MF gear and load up on +Mana +Resists +FCR etc.

It's hard to say what to give your Merc...I usually go for damage reduction, life leech, and a high damage output. Mercs gain resists with levels so they usually don't need resistance gear.

Mine is using Duskdeep helm for damage reduction, Boneflesh armor for Life Leech and AR, and Spire of Honor lance just for its high damage (138-546).
These are all things that can be found up until NM Andariel and they work pretty well, although I do want more Life Leech on my merc.

Hope that helps!

I hear everytime you make a new thread, you lose a unique drop.

You definitely need some life leech for your merc.

Mines getting by with Undead Crown which has 5% (leach is cut to 50% on NM and 33% in Hell), so he's only got 2.5% LL. However, he's got an Ethereal Partizan and is doing about 150-290 damage, so he's surviving OK for now.

kRIMBO, please try and keep your questions to one thread. I've already merged several of your threads.

If you have questions as you go along, then why not have a progress thread for the same character and ask questions ask that character progresses? That would be much neater than making a new thread so frequently. :)

I hear everytime you make a new thread, you lose a unique drop.

:lol2:

[/OT]

I've had all my MF attire on and I have no drops AT ALL and I've prowelled the arachnid lair, spider cavern, strolled miles of forest and nothing. Not even a magic item. Nout.

@Krimbo: Wait, do you mean there have been no drops? I assume from your use of the words 'no', 'nothing', 'not even' and 'nout' that you mean there were no drops. No drops at all sounds terrible. I assume having no drops at all means there were no magic items. Maybe your game was bugged to have [nodrop] or [xponly]? I've never heard of a bug where not even stamina potions or TP scrolls drop. Maybe someone with a more constructive attitude can help?

Nice quote Fast Eddie btw, one of my favourite books and movies.

I've still never read the book, but [my sig] is the most inspiring and positive quote I've ever seen.

[/OT]

The story in the movie is very true to the book. There a couple of differences that are hard to adjust to though, especially since I saw the movie first too. For example that Red isn't african american in the book, he's of irish descent unless I'm mistaken :)

That's true. In the stage play they actually cast Red as black because of the appeal of Morgan Freeman's role. Because of it, 'they' thought audiences wouldn't connect with Red and Red and Andy's relationship as much if they cast a white Irishman.

You tell kRIMBO not to make any new threads and then you hijack the one that he already made...:thumbup:

Well to reassure you, you just got the worst of it.

I've had runes where there was nothing of value for a very long time, and all of a sudden I got an unique on every area I visited on a particular run. The item drop game can be very cruel indeed.

You tell kRIMBO not to make any new threads and then you hijack the one that he already made...:thumbup:

Surely the definition of hijack is not making a new thread? :whistling:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High