Niathlak and CE question

Cryton

Apr 9, 2009
Niathlak and CE question

This might be a "noobish" question but i will ask it anyways:)

I was running nith with my sorc yesterday after getting a NP ring. Still. Nith blew up corpses and my first thought was that it might be my merc killing the mobs that i he blew up.

I payed close attention and made a 10-15ish runs. However, he still blew up corpses and i am certain that my merc never even came close to the mobs that he blew up. IE i was doing the killing.

Has the "rip" mod changed somewhat? or am i just imagine things here?:)

Re: Niathlak and CE question

Probably one of the frenzied spawns exploded themselves. And then Nihlathak exploded them (again)

Hmm that could be. I dont think so tho. I was killing the normal mobs around him and he still blew them up. I will have to test it again:)

Hmm that could be. I dont think so tho. I was killing the normal mobs around him and he still blew them up. I will have to test it again:)

What skill you are using?

That NP doesn't work for example with Hydra.

Clear many monsters from a distance even those poison vipers ewwwwwww. Stay away from corpses and let nith blow them up. Attack nith from a distance and you win.

I am using blizzard and fireball. so no minion skills.

Its no problem killing him. dont misunderstand me. I am just curious why he is so "ce" happy even with NP:)

it's either the exploding ogre thingies or your merc is making a kill.

if you're certain there's something odd going on, try re-equipping the natures peace.

Nihlathak 1.0.1

make sure to always nuke the suicide-bomber-types before they blow themselves up on you. if they kill themselves they can still be corpse exploded. if you ever get blown up by one, teleport away quick and stay away from its corpse before it gets corpse exploded.

also stay the hell away from yellow skeletons w/ shields that don't attack you and just walk around. I'm not sure what the deal is with those guys but they explode big and the range is ridiculous.

also stay the hell away from yellow skeletons w/ shields that don't attack you and just walk around. I'm not sure what the deal is with those guys but they explode big and the range is ridiculous.
'Skeletons' spawn when Nihlathak whips a Slayer and it tries to transform into a Suicide Minion: unlike the Ice Spawn which always spawn around Nihlathak, there's no equivalent Suicide Minion into which it can transform, so it transforms into a 'Skeleton' (the first entry in MonStats.txt and MonStats2.txt).

The 'Skeleton' still explodes upon death, but explosion damage is calculated using the values for the Slayer's A1 attack and explosion radius is determined using the Slayer's AI parameters: this means that instead of applying 94-141 physical damage and 94-141 cold damage (188-282 total) in a 2 2/3 yard radius like Frenzied Ice Spawn, 'Skeleton' explosions apply 70-94 physical damage and 70-94 cold damage (140-188 total) in a 10 yard radius. This damage isn't affected by player count or +% Enhanced Damage, although a critical hit will still double both physical and cold damage.

However, whenever Nihlathak whips a 'Skeleton' and applies 35% chance to transform into a Suicide Minion, the 'Skeleton' obviously cannot do so and you'll see its raising animation instead... and feel the multiple explosions which are applied upon death as a result: when the 'Skeleton' is first raised, its explosion upon death is triggered only once; the second time, it's triggered 4 (2^2) times; the third, 9 (3^2) times; the fourth, 16 (4^2) times; the fifth, 25 (5^2) times; and so on...

Although the 'Skeleton' displays Immune to Lightning, it retains the same Resist % values as a Slayer and thus it is actually Immune to Cold... and just as Slayer stats are used to calculate explosion damage and radius, they are also used to calculate its Corpse Explosion damage.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High