Best character to play while drunk

Make a generic pick or choose one for each of the following levels:

Buzzed
Definitively Drunk
Blind stinking Drunk
or
Character-doesn't-matter-since-you-won't-remember-anyway

My picks:
Buzzed-Lightning fury zon or light sorc. Lightning spells seem much more fun when you have a little buzz going.
Definitively drunk-Summoner Necro. With amp, ce, tele, dv and whatever else you feel like casting, it is just active enough to keep you occupied and safe enough to keep you from screwing up too badly.
Blind Stinking Drunk-Zealot. Whether physical or elemental this is a one click char. Not a lot of thinking needed, which is good since you won't be capable of thinking too much anyway.
Character-doesn't-matter-since-you-won't-remember-anyway-Well the title kind of says everything doesn't it? Bowazons are a good choice, as are sorcs or Zealots. The main thing here is to try and stay in normal difficulty. Nightmare can be OK but Hell is out of the question. Who knows what madness you might think of in this state while playing Hell difficulty. How much worse would your hangover be if you woke up to find that you ran into two packs of unique gloams with conviction, cold enchanted, fire enchanted and extra fast, then decided that it would be better to gear up for each attempt to recover your corpse? Answer: WORSE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE.

Re: Best character to play while drunk

Been too drunk to play (might be now?) but the Bow-Zon is my fave. Helping newbies level in Norm/NM with a high level Gumby-Zon/Strafer is my SOP! Between the Merc/Valk/Gumby you really just stand back and lay waste! Hell can be done but depends on the sloshed level ;)

Your choices are basically right.

Summon necro: After you have made the skellies, you can fall off your chair and when you wake up, your necro is probably still alive, although it's better to cast amp and CE at random spots from time to time. Aiming isn't really required and you can often live without it.

Zealot: Needs just minor skills at aiming with the mouse and you have to care about just one mouse button. You might need max blocking without holy shield because activating it needs the other mouse button from time to time which can be too much of a challenge while being drunk.

Strafer: No aiming with the mouse required and only 1 in 3 attacks is directed at you, the rest goes to the merc and valk.

You can play all of these characters with one hand... the other is needed for drinking, of course.

I do not suggest playing diablo 2 when you are drunk honestly.

I can only echo what IntellectSucks has said.

Disclaimer: I am currently definitively drunk.

Definitively drunk: I'd put my lightning zon here. Playing on /p1 is ok, /p8 is hazardous, but doable. Seeing all those lightning bolts fly around feels awesome.

Blind Stinking Drunk: Zealot. I'd say frost zealot for the added safety. Just click away and you'll kill Ancients in no time.

Your choices are basically right.

Summon necro: After you have made the skellies, you can fall off your chair and when you wake up, your necro is probably still alive, although it's better to cast amp and CE at random spots from time to time. Aiming isn't really required and you can often live without it.

Zealot: Needs just minor skills at aiming with the mouse and you have to care about just one mouse button. You might need max blocking without holy shield because activating it needs the other mouse button from time to time which can be too much of a challenge while being drunk.

Strafer: No aiming with the mouse required and only 1 in 3 attacks is directed at you, the rest goes to the merc and valk.

You can play all of these characters with one hand... the other is needed for drinking, of course.

I thought you were going to say something else about the other hand. What was I thinking?

Oh, and friends don't let friends play drunk, not healthy for you.....r in-game character

i still remeber somthing that happend to me years ago before i quit D2 to play wow, Id just come home from a looooong drinking session and was wasted, I did the thing most do when there blind drunk. Pretend i wasnt drunk, got into D2 and thought id do some mf runs, i just about managed to do andy and mefi on hell with my blizz sorc, took me probly half an hour to do both, usually takes 5 mins, Anyways after doing both i logged and went to bed, woke up next morning with a unid ring in my inventory, Checked it to find an SOJ, at the time i was rich anyways so it made little diffrence ( wouldnt mind finding one now tho! ) but still i had a good laugh to myself at how lucky i was.

I thought you were going to say something else about the other hand. What was I thinking?
I knew that somebody would reply like that at the time I wrote it.

I dont think summoners and other fragile characters(even zealots with their low life.. unless stacked with lifer charms) are such a good choice. a solid ww barb tanks great, and the moving attack prevents getting piled by monsters(which would otherwise seem likely given the less alert and less careful mind). Very straight forward to play too

Buzzed: Beerbarian
Definitively Drunk: Vodkadin
Blind stinking Drunk: Wined Druid
Character-doesn't-matter-since-you-won't-remember-anyway: Gnoll. Hic.

Hey, I know! You will go pk'ing with a trapper!

I dunno which is best, i'll tell you in ~ 5 hours :guiness:

Research *honestly*

drunken PvP with a 50k+ damage 2h charge'din is always good value for giggles.

whatever.everything is funny and i enjoy it.but not hc! atention with making rw etc. ;)

pffft, softcore players...

this made me chuckle, then frown as i remembered the blizz sorc that died to drunk driving.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High