Prebuff questions

DamienDCLXVI

May 21, 2008
Prebuff questions

Hey I have a few questions about some... unusual prebuffs.

1) If one were wearing treachery till Fade/Venom activated then took it off in lieu of other armor would u keep the Fade/Venom?
2) If I use Peace Armor or a Harmony Bow to summon a valc will she stay when I take the items off?

Re: Prebuff questions

1) yes, it's common when prebuffing for pvp or ubers to wait for fade to go off then to change armors.
2) not unless you have one hard point in valk.

edit: i'm actually not sure about the ctc valk on peace, but i know harmony's doesnt stay.

[...] I was able to take the armor off, and she stuck around... [...]

A '08 post discussing Peace.

It seems that although she stays with you after you take the RW off, she is very, very buggy if you don't have any hard points in valk. Buggy enough that the most wierd action, like spending a skill point, moving something in the inventory, causes her to die (taken from the same thread).

I've always been curious about this RW, might finally get around to test it . :yes:

I've got harmony on my nchantress for doing lk runs. Often i will cast her as soon as the game starts. If I don't switch items until I go through the waypoint the valkerie will hang around long enough to complete the run. Having tested this on other characters it appears the valkerie will hang around for around 45 seconds or so. It would seem that you need to spend around 5-10 seconds in town perming her first. Just don't switch items until you go through the waypoint.

Another Prebuff Question. Do Ormus's Robes spawn with Energy Shield? If so can a class use ES and then ditch the armor?
Unrelated, Can robes spwan with tele?

I think it does some with ES and tele, but they are sorc only.

The fireballs or whatever other skills arent sorc only. Why would they be? Can someone confirm this?

I don't get them or see them often, but they have the (Sorc only) at the end and also on Arreat Summit.

Summit says Sorc only but thats BS, i have a set with fireball that works on a pally

Summit says Sorc only but thats BS, i have a set with fireball that works on a pally
If a Paladin or any other class is equipping two or more items from Trang-Oul's Avatar set, then Fire Ball is acquired as on oskill (displayed as +18 Fire Ball, not +18 Fire Ball (Sorceress Only)): +3 FB (Sorceress Only) from Ormus' Robes Dusk Shroud or +1-3 FB (Sorceress Only) from a staff would then increase this oskill level (as would + All Skills and + Fire Skills).

If another class does not acquire the skill as an oskill from another item, then the armour's skill bonus is always Sorceress Only: only the Sorceress receives any benefit from it, even with no points in the skill. The only Sorceress skills which other classes can acquire as oskills are:

• Warmth
  • Inferno
  • Fire Ball
  • Teleport
  • Meteor
  • Fire Mastery
  • Hydra
The armour only spawns with class-specific skill bonuses for level 1-24 Sorceress skills. Iron Wolf hirelings will benefit from class-specific skill bonuses to their skills: Inferno and Fire Ball, or Charged Bolt and Lightning, or Frozen Armour, Ice Blast and Glacial Spike.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High