Spirit base weapon?

Anheg

Nov 15, 2007
Spirit base weapon?

Just rolling through act 2 NM with my trapsin and realise that I now have all the necessary runes to make Spirit runeword - what's the best weapon to put it in? I would go for shield first...but you require a monarch(?) to get the 4os right?

What is the earliest weapon I can get as a base for spirit?

Also just found a lum from sewers level2 :yes: so here comes smoke too :cloud9:

Re: Spirit base weapon?

Thanks for the fast reply! Can any ilvl of crystal sword be used? Does the ilvl change the % chance of larzuk sticking 4 holes in it? Sorry for all the questions ^^

^ What he said. Ethereal would be awesome. The lower str requirement don't matter much, but it's just awesome. Yeah...

EDIT: If I'm not mistaking, any Crystal Sword found in either Normal Cow Level or in Nightmare or Hell can get four sockets. Not sure about what item level that would be, though.

And no problem about the questions!

Any Crystal Sword you find in NM will have a high enough ilvl to get 4 sockets from Lazruk. And there is also a chance that you find a 4os Crystal Sword in NM as 4 is the max number of sockets in Nightmare. And you were almost correct about the monarch. I believe that most(all?) of the pally shields can spawn with 4 holes. But monarch is the lowest you can get for a non pally character. Another thing to keep in mind for weapon based RWs is the look of them. My caster characters use HotO and usually have CTA on switch. I made sure to put the CTA in a crystal sword because it prevents any confusion as to which weapon switch I'm on. If your going to use the spirit on another character it might or might not be well off to make the spirit in a weapon that is distinct from your other one.

I use this chart for all my socketting questions, so ilvl 26-40 should give you 4 sockets at Larzuk.

I'd recommend shopping 2x 3 Trap Claws though myself, should be doable in NM Act 5 I guess, after you have saved Anya.

Edit: Pwned :(

Good advice, I think it'll take me a while to get to CTA or HoTo standards though. I'll definitely keep it in mind though :thumbsup:

Edit: spam of replies I didn't see, thanks for all the advice and that link, i'll sort myself out with it now!

As for claws vs spirit, I agree - but until i'm in a5 i'll go for this spirit sword - it's my first char so i'm building wealth for my next char...which is a sorc, so the spirit won't go to waste

edit edit: /cheer

Code:
Spirit 
Crystal Sword 
TalThulOrtAmn 
One Hand Damage: 5 - 15 
Durability: 20 of 20 
Required Level: 25 
Required Strength: 43 
Fingerprint: 0x523a83c1 
Item Level: 28 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+2 to All Skills 
+33% Faster Cast Rate 
+55% Faster Hit Recovery 
Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage 
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames) 
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames) 
7% Life stolen per hit 
+250 Defense vs. Missile 
+22 to Vitality 
+89 to Mana 
+5 Magic Absorb 4 Sockets (4 used)

Last edited:

@Anheg: grats :). I made mine in a Dimensional Blade, I later realised it has higher requirements :doh:. Never mind, it's a cheap Rune Word.

@Kimppi/Milb: Thanks for the link, very useful!

I always make my Spirits in a Broad Sword. Looks better in my opinion. But if it's the very first, I'd make it in the first suitable weapon I came across.

I have both crystal and broad sword Spirits. They have comparable requirements and very different aesthetics. I basically choose whichever looks better...

I want to point out (just in case you missed or forgot that) that traps are not affected by FCR, rather IAS.

I'd recommend shopping 2x 3 Trap Claws though myself, should be doable in NM Act 5 I guess, after you have saved Anya.

Cunning alvl = 60
Blade Talons qlvl = 21
For shopped items ilvl = clvl+5

alvl=ilvl-qlvl/2
60=(clvl+5)-(21/2)
clvl = 65

So you need to be character level 65 to shop Cunning Blade Talons from NM Anya.

Shuko-Jutsu - The Art Of The Claw

I want to point out (just in case you missed or forgot that) that traps are not affected by FCR, rather IAS.

Yeah, i noticed that when my cast rate didn't get quicker! It works for mind blast though right? Trap cast rate isn't too much of a worry for me now, but I'll definitely be thinking about that later.

Thanks for the claw link - very interesting reading!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High