Which of these LW setups is Best!?

khronik

Mar 7, 2009
Which of these LW setups is Best!?

I need to know if fade from LW will stack with Treachery, and if the level of the fade will increase with +skill gear.
If LW&Treachery Fades do not stack, I wont use treachery. which means I will gain +56% All res to every setup if the +skill gear does not add to the Fade level.
Here are the setups I have come up with.
EDIT: forgot to mention, these are for UBERS

1. Dracs/LW/Kira/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/CoH
OW = 35% gores+dracs
CB = 75-85% gores+LW
DS = 15-52% gores+HL
HR = 20% kira
RES = 165-185% CoH+HoZ+Kiras
IAS = 20% HL

2. Dracs/LW/Guillaumes/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/CoH
OW = 35% gores+dracs
CB = 110-120% gores+LW+guillaumes
DS = 30-67% gores+HL+guillaumes
HR = 30% guillaumes
RES = 115% CoH+HoZ
IAS = 20% HL

3. Dracs/LW/Kira/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/Duress
OW = 68% gores+dracs+duress
CB = 90-100% gores+LW+duress
DS = 15-52% gores+HL
HR = 60% kira+duress
RES = 165-185% HoZ+Kira / +duress = 180-200%LFP + 210-230%C
IAS = 20% HL

4. Dracs/LW/Guillaumes/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/Duress
OW = 68% gores+dracs+duress
CB = 125-135% gores+LW+guillaumes+duress
HR = 70% guillaumes+duress
RES = 50% HoZ / +duress = 65%LFP + 95%C
IAS = 20% HL

5. LoH/LW/Kira/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/CoH
OW = 10% gores
CB = 75-85% gores+LW
DS = 15-52% gores+HL
HR = 20% kira
RES = 165-185% CoH+HoZ+Kiras
IAS = 40% HL+LoH

6. LoH/LW/Guillaumes/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/CoH
OW = 10% gores
HR = 30% guillaumes
RES = 115% CoH+HoZ
IAS = 40% HL+LoH

7. LoH/LW/Kira/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/Duress
OW = 43% gores+duress
DS = 15-52% gores+HL
HR = 60% kira+duress
IAS = 40% HL+LoH

8. LoH/LW/Guillaumes/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/Duress
OW = 43% gores+duress
HR = 70% guillaumes+duress
IAS = 40% HL+LoH

9. Bloodfist/LW/Kira/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/CoH
OW = 10% gores
CB = 75-85% gores+LW
DS = 15-52% gores+HL
HR = 50% kira+bloodfist
RES = 165-185% CoH+HoZ+Kira
IAS = 30% HL+bloodfist

10. Bloodfist/LW/Guillaumes/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/CoH
OW = 10% gores
HR = 60% bloodfist+guillaumes
RES = 115% CoH+HoZ
IAS = 20% HL

11. Bloodfist/LW/Kira/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/Duress
OW = 43% gores+duress
DS = 15-52% gores+HL
HR = 90% kira+bloodfist+duress
IAS = 30% HL+bloodfist

12. Bloodfist/LW/Guillaumes/HL/HoZ/TGodz/Gores/Duress
OW = 43% gores+duress
HR = 100% guillaumes+duress+bloodfist
IAS = 30% HL+bloodfist

Please post which setup would be the best by #. I am unsure of the goal %'s of each ability needed, otherwise.. I wouldnt be posting this.

Re: Which of these LW setups is Best!?

I went through my list and recorded how many times each were in the 1,2, and 3 spots.(regarding highest %'s for each ability)
#8 = 1spot - CB,DS,IAS
2spot - OW
3spot - HR
#11 = 1spot - Res
2spot - OW,DS,HR,IAS
3spot - CB
#12 = 1spot - CB,DS,HR
2spot - OW,IAS
3spot - none

but what about #1 with ias/cb gloves + safety craft amulet?

i wouldn't use any of those setups.

my PvP smiter ubers quite happily and in perfect safety by merely switching his CoA for a Guillaumes, HoZ for a 109% res Sanctuary shield and his Bloodfists for Dracs.

rest of gear is: enigma, maras, dungos, dwarfstar, ravenfrost, waterwalks, grief phase.

I like using grief pb as well.

IMO you should stop making 123828338023 threads about ubers, sell the damned LW, buy a weapon that's way cheaper and has other uses and still ubers as effectively (Grief, Death) and get out there and do uber tristram.

Waaaaaaaaay too many threads dude.

I dont think anyone is going to read that huge list, no offense ...

By now you know all the cookie cutter and non-cookie cutter but still popular items, and the cheap vs the expensive items etc, and you know the basics. Mix and match, and see what works for you. I always change equipment around. I just found a Tyrael yesterday (!!!! :) ) and just ran Ubers with it. No downfall, except maybe killing speed ... I dont care. Once you get past the record time or best setup mania, you can actually have fun with UT. Happens to everyone

Fade doesnt stack.

Deadly Strike is useless

Apparently you havent read my other threads which consisted of GRIEF VS LW

as you can tell ive settled on LW. Ive ALREADY DONE UBERS more than 15 times...
so telling me to get out there and do them already has no meaning.
(btw check trade you'll see my current list of torches for sale)

I started with grief, made a LW did test runs. rolled both almost near perfect.
the only significant time difference in killing them was LW being 14.5 seconds faster than grief vs meph. (and that was only using fanat+HL for ias using LW)
(grief btw, requires more work to make as efficient as LW, hence using treachery until it procs and then switching to duress)

So you can read up on all these grief is the best biased threads, but until you actually test them both, your input is meaningless.

But thanks for letting me know DS is useless that make my decision easier.
Builds 8,11, and 12 have the highest stats in each field more than the others btw.

But I currently use build #1, so I may just add IAS/CB gloves, and swap the ammy.

thanks for all the help, or lack of. trolls are very popluar on this site.

Fade doesn't stack. And you don't really need OW and DS.
From personal experience with ubers, you don't need that much CB either.
50% CB will suffice, believe it or not, and it won't make a huge difference in time.

Take for instance my times with only 50%CB (if memory serves me right anyways):
-Lilith--took her out in 20 seconds flat
-Izual 15 seconds
-Duriel takes longer because of his annoying Holy Freeze, at about half a minute
-Three ubers times combined= roughly 1 minute
-Entire uber Trist run= approximately 2.5~3 minutes alone, 1.5 minutes with a strong minion control partner (usually my friend on his Hdin or WWBarb)

Because I'm cheap (and poor), my Uber Zmiter was an easy build:
-Guillaume's Face w/ 15IAS Jewel+ Up'd Gores for 50% CB
-Low Grief PB with Shael'd Azurewrath switchoff for Physical Immunes
-Exile sTarge 35 All Res with 3xUm'd Griswold shield for switchoff (I actually prefer Griswold's for Ubering)
-Dracul's (duh)
-TGods
-AP Fortitude. I guess if you're rich you can go CoH in a Sup AP.
-1x Dual Leech 1x Raven Frost
-2/1/crap bonus Seraph's
-No pcombs, no torch, just a mid Anni
-any psdsc I can find, a couple 5res alls (which you won't need with 3Um'd Griswold's)

Just go in with Salvation, lure Meph out and kinky-smite him 'til he drops. With him gone everything is downhill.
The only complaint I have is when the 5% Life Tap doesn't cast in time (only when I switch off to Gris, otherwise it'd be 20%), but that's nothing a few rejuvs can't fix. I'd sooner die than replace Grief with LW though.

Last edited:

Apparently you havent read my other threads which consisted of GRIEF VS LW.

You've had lots and lots of help in many of your previous threads but you're kinda like the boy who crys wolf, you make so many threads all asking the same basic things, and over and over again ppl say "it really doesn't matter" and sooner or later ppl have stopped caring.
And yet you make yet more threads, surely you can understand ppl's patience / interest has long since gone even if yours hasn't.

There is no "best" just preference (and fun), UT really isn't hard (which i'm sure we all know), and it also really doesn't matter if it takes you 60seconds or 75 seconds, what are you going to benefit from 15 seconds here or there?
Sure speed is fun, but just play around yourself, you really don't need to make 3 threads a day all considering each possible gear combination. Everyone has a slightly different setup depending on budget & preference, there are no set "goals" all that really matters are the very basics (LT res CB etc) which i'm sure we all know by now and have been discussed to death and beyond.

It seems like you are angry at some parts of what I said. I have been helping you since the beginning, PM'd you etc.

Seems like you are running Ubers really fast enough and have what would be considered various 'awesome' items.

You have flooded the paladin page with your threads, all asking the same thing in some form or another.

There is no 'best' setup, because that will be just us telling you that.

Your setups are all good, some people get by with cheap stuff.

And yes Grief is in most cases better than Last Wish. Hence why it is the most preferred and quoted in guides. Assuming you have Gulli + Gores + maybe even some other source of CB. Then you will have to find a way of stacking your res up elsewhere, or have enough not to be in the negative. Grief + Forti is even better.

Apparently you havent read my other threads which consisted of GRIEF VS LW

as you can tell ive settled on LW. Ive ALREADY DONE UBERS more than 15 times...
so telling me to get out there and do them already has no meaning.
(btw check trade you'll see my current list of torches for sale)

I started with grief, made a LW did test runs. rolled both almost near perfect.
the only significant time difference in killing them was LW being 14.5 seconds faster than grief vs meph. (and that was only using fanat+HL for ias using LW)
(grief btw, requires more work to make as efficient as LW, hence using treachery until it procs and then switching to duress)

So you can read up on all these grief is the best biased threads, but until you actually test them both, your input is meaningless.

Uh you don't need fade in order to do uber tristram. And even if LW is a couple of seconds faster, it still doesn't justify using a weapon that costs 6HRs and is absolutely useless outside of Tristram.

These "grief is the best biased threads" aren't biased. They're based on cold, hard evidence from calculations and also in-game tests from using both weapons in UT to conclude that the killing speed of ubers is pretty much the same and that LW sucks outside of tristram. If you think you're the only who's tested LW and Grief then I can tell you you're in for a big surprise.

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736520
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736641
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736595
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737235
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737649
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737884
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737387
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738296
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737913

Notice how you made so many threads asking the same thing? And how we answered them? Now don't you think you're being a tadbit insolent?

i think you guys get angry because I suggest LW is viable. 14.5 seconds faster than grief vs meph. few seconds slower than grief vs others, and tied at the same for others, using only 20% ias...

most of my posts havent been the same, the two that were I had one closed, and erased the other....

this thread WAS COMPLETELY ABOUT LW.. quit trolling thats all im saying.

but its alright I helped myself out, used my current setup swapped kiras for guillaumes, and now going to craft ias/cb gloves (blood).

yeah ubers is easy ive only sold about 8 torches and have 8 for sale, while keeping two.

I prefer LW based on my own runs, you can hate on me all you want, but thats all you are is a hater. I was merely asking for input, no need to get pissed about it. for that last post UberB... if you would look at my times, they strictly prove that is biased. few seconds difference, all besides meph which LW greatly outdoes grief.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High