Baal-running Javazon

alphaz

Oct 23, 2007
Baal-running Javazon

I just realised today that the fastest pub baal runs I've been to was actually ran by a javazon (a bot). Much-much faster than the usual hammerdin baal runs. I wonder if anyone can shed light on the equipment.

I noticed that the bot used lightning strike on monster packs, and cs on baal. Might also used farcast, since the javazon was standing quite far from the monster packs.

Last edited:
Re: Baal-running Javazon

umm with wiz+spirit on switch javas can tele pretty fast with map hack. And he was probably using light fury on the mobs and charged strike on baal. I dont understand why you would think its farcast.

I'm pretty sure it used lightning strike, since if it used fury, it would be pretty obvious with the bolts going all over the place.

AFAIK farcast program was banned after the last patch, so I'm not too sure if the bot actually used farcast. All I could see was it stood quite a distance away from the waves while doing the ls animation (there were mana and life leech animations too). It stood next to baal while cs'ing though.

It was the first and only javazon baal runner I've encountered so far. Another interesting thing was the bot could detect bo level, so if someone override its bo with a crappy one, the bot will make a funny comment about the bo level, but that's a nother story.

So far I've noticed these things:
The javelin wasn't eth and didn't look like titans or strokes
Mana leech and life leech animation occured (could be from rings/gloves/ammy)
Shield looked like stormshield
Fcr was very good, pretty sure the bot used cta on switch so wizzy is out of question

I'm pretty sure it used lightning strike, since if it used fury, it would be pretty obvious with the bolts going all over the place.

AFAIK farcast program was banned after the last patch, so I'm not too sure if the bot actually used farcast. All I could see was it stood quite a distance away from the waves while doing the ls animation (there were mana and life leech animations too). It stood next to baal while cs'ing though.

It was the first and only javazon baal runner I've encountered so far. Another interesting thing was the bot could detect bo level, so if someone override its bo with a crappy one, the bot will make a funny comment about the bo level, but that's a nother story.

So far I've noticed these things:
The javelin wasn't eth and didn't look like titans or strokes
Mana leech and life leech animation occured (could be from rings/gloves/ammy)
Shield looked like stormshield
Fcr was very good, pretty sure the bot used cta on switch so wizzy is out of question

Did he have an infinity merc? How good was the fcr? I cant imagine a zon reaching very high bps. Even with spirit and fcr from gloves/belt/helm/ammy she gets 120? which is equivalent of 12 frames...which is crap. (one frame better than base on a sorc)

I believe a java runs baal just as well if not better than a pally, but I dont know about the ls, will try it out a little later.

Yeah, he has an infinity merc. Yeah, the fcr seemed too good for a javazon. Hacks maybe? If you're on Us West Ladder, the run is called ""fastbaal-xx". The javazon has the word mf in its name.

Alright I been using ls for a couple of baal and chaos runs. At first I really liked the arcing lightning but found myself switching back to lf when it didnt kill everything. In conclusion lf>ls but ls is ....different after playing the java for so long it was a nice change.

not like you need an inventory full of charms, so for a bot to carry a wizzy in his inventory to switch to for at least the tele to the throne room wouldnt be too far fetched(though the zon casting frames suck, so do their FBR bps without a javelin equipped)

not like you need an inventory full of charms, so for a bot to carry a wizzy in his inventory to switch to for at least the tele to the throne room wouldnt be too far fetched(though the zon casting frames suck, so do their FBR bps without a javelin equipped)

That's a possibility, however the fcr seems too good for a zon. 12frames fcr is crap.

I have looked up and joined his/her games. The char's name is evilmfj, if I recall correctly. I would have to admit that that bot has one heck of a FCR and attack speed at the same time.

So let me see: (assuming all are perfect.)
Spirit + Wizardspike + Crafted Caster Amulet + Crafted Caster Belt + Griffon's + Ringx2? + Magefists​

35 + 50 + 20 + 10 + 25 + 20 +20 = 180​

This is the best caster set (missing anything?) I can think of for a amazon. 180 FCR is a really good cast rate, but he/she must have a lot of items to switch to to maintain good damage and attack speed too.

A few items for Attacking and Attack Speed.​
Griffon's, Cat's Eye, lancer's gloves of alacrity, IAS Jewel(s), SoJ/Bul-Katho's, CTA, Infinity Merc.​

In conclusion, this is one heck of a javazon.

I have looked up and joined his/her games. The char's name is evilmfj, if I recall correctly. I would have to admit that that bot has one heck of a FCR and attack speed at the same time.

So let me see: (assuming all are perfect.)
Spirit + Wizardspike + Crafted Caster Amulet + Crafted Caster Belt + Griffon's + Ringx2? + Magefists​

35 + 50 + 20 + 10 + 25 + 20 +20 = 180​

This is the best caster set (missing anything?) I can think of for a amazon. 180 FCR is a really good cast rate, but he/she must have a lot of items to switch to to maintain good damage and attack speed too.

A few items for Attacking and Attack Speed.​
Griffon's, Cat's Eye, lancer's gloves of alacrity, IAS Jewel(s), SoJ/Bul-Katho's, CTA, Infinity Merc.​

In conclusion, this is one heck of a javazon.

Ias is easily covered by using 40ias javelin and 60ias jmod. I think arachnid is better then a crafted caster belt. Even then, the fcr is just ridiculously good for an amazon. This is one hacked javazon imo.

Ias is easily covered by using 40ias javelin and 60ias jmod. I think arachnid is better then a crafted caster belt. Even then, the fcr is just ridiculously good for an amazon. This is one hacked javazon imo.

A 40ias javelin is good, but a titans is just better overall. If I remember, he/she was using a eth titans. It has an additional +2 skills and getting CS to a high amount of bolts is pretty hard on your own. And JMOD is good, but once again a spirit might be better for its +2 skills.

And thanks btw, for catching the arachnid. I completely forgot all about it. So 190 would be it's max cast rate?

And thanks btw, for catching the arachnid. I completely forgot all about it. So 190 would be it's max cast rate?

Amazon's highest FCR breakpoint is at 152% which is 11 frames. There's no point in having 190%. Next lower is 12 frames @ 99% FCR.

So 152% FCR is the Amazon's maximum.

A 40ias javelin is good, but a titans is just better overall. If I remember, he/she was using a eth titans. It has an additional +2 skills and getting CS to a high amount of bolts is pretty hard on your own. And JMOD is good, but once again a spirit might be better for its +2 skills.

No worries

Final fcr breakpoint for amazon is 152, arachnid is better simply because of the +1 skill

wizzy (50) + spirit (35) + griffons (25) + arachnid (20) + gloves (20) + ring (10) = 160

the fcr ring can have dual leech/mana/life/stats/resists

20fcr of arachnid allows using mara for higher BO and resists and ravenfrost for cbf

alternatively mara's can be replaced with a 2skill/10fcr/leech/stats/resists amulet, and fcr ring replaced with soj for another +1 skill.

nevertheless at 11frames, it's still sluggish compared to other character classes.

100ias is achievable using 6javelin skills/40ias magic javelin and a 60ias/60res jmod. Same +jav skills as titan+spirit setup but higher ias, thus higher damage, and more resists. The bot's javelins looked gold to me, possibly due to the quickness mod, and the magic javs doesnt have replenish, that might explain why the bot never used fury.

The bot was absolutely using fury, no doubt. I was standing right next to it and saw bolts fly out and on top of that it was throwing javelins. The bot and me were the only javazons in there. You sure there wasn't a lightning sorceress using chain lightning?

At times though, I did see it use lightning strike, rarely though, but lightning strike is not very strong on its own. I would have to say it used lightning strike because while the lightning bounced, the bolts from fury would give an extra plus damage.

But no doubt, it WAS using fury.

The bot was absolutely using fury, no doubt. I was standing right next to it and saw bolts fly out and on top of that it was throwing javelins. The bot and me were the only javazons in there. You sure there wasn't a lightning sorceress using chain lightning?

At times though, I did see it use lightning strike, rarely though, but lightning strike is not very strong on its own. I would have to say it used lightning strike because while the lightning bounced, the bolts from fury would give an extra plus damage.

But no doubt, it WAS using fury.

Thanks, I stand corrected. Fury is indeed better. Everytime I was in it's baal run it was almost always a full game, and I was just recalling from memory about the peculiar things, i.e. the absence of bolts and how the bot stood at the back doing cs/ls animation. I vividly remember the second last wave being ls'ed to oblivion. Can fury crash games?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High