Rate My Proposed Build

khronik

Mar 7, 2009
Rate My Proposed Build

Max Zeal
Max Sacrifice
Max Fanaticism
Max Holy Shield (yes this means it is a 1pt smite build)
1 Salvation
Remaining in Defiance and/or Blessed Aim

Strength for gear, Dex for max block, remaining in Vitality

WEAP:Grief Phase Blade
HELM: Guillame's Face
BOOT: Gore Rider's
GLVS: Dracul's Grasp
ARMR: Fortitude Archon Plate
RING: Ravenfrost + Rare with Resists/Leech
SHLD: Sancutary or up'd HoZ
BELT: T-Gods
AMMY: Metalgrid or Mara's or Rare with Resists/+3Skills

Still unsure about the shield/ammy/rare ring, please give input on the entire build.

Also, this is my first pally, what % is max block?
Currently lvl 54 (stats are all base except for 50 strength at the moment)

Re: Rate My Proposed Build

Looks like a pretty solid zealot build, I assume this is for pvm?

Ring choices look okay. As an amulet you might wanna consider highlords, you can't have too much deadly strike. Double damage is a nice thing.

A cookiecutter zealot....

Well, metal gridz -> mara

Other amu's are available depending on your needs.

This build is to solo Uber Trist, forgot to mention that.
Good build for that?

Almost carbon copy of my old uber Zealot/1pt Smiter last ladder. I used HoZ + Highlord's - love that DS with Grief, IIRC it was 83% deadly strike at level 88.

No real need to up that HoZ unless you're cool with the extra Str req, it jumps to 142 str req. Throw an Um in it and in the Guill's Face also.

resist charms, +AR/max charms, and lots of them.

Put 2 points in Resist Fire, Resist Cold and Resist Lightning. You get 76% maximum fire/cold/lit resist permanently and also get some useful auras for sticky situations when levelling.

uber trist is a cakewalk with this gear.

its kingdrylands build, with some finalizations done to it.
thx to kingdryland for the great guide. this is my first pally guide = very helpful
he did say to get max block, i am just getting second opinions to make sure, stats are precious.

Is upd HoZ worth it? at the moment i have about ~300 stat points to spend because i dunno what my str req's/bonus's are going to be.

Last edited:

Is upd HoZ worth it? at the moment i have about ~300 stat points to spend because i dunno what my str req's/bonus's are going to be.

Not really, it's more a PvP thing when you need the most defense you can muster.

There's a chance you'll end up with a negligable increase in defense over what you started with due to the base defense of the Zakarum Shield being rerolled. There's also a chance you'll roll on the lowest possibility of 169 base def, resulting in NO increase =D

Plus then you'll have to put more points into Strength to get 142 to use the thing.

Save the gemz and roonz buddy.

Max Zeal
Max Sacrifice
Max Fanaticism
Max Holy Shield (yes this means it is a 1pt smite build)
1 Salvation
Remaining in Defiance and/or Blessed Aim

Strength for gear, Dex for max block, remaining in Vitality

WEAP:Grief Phase Blade
HELM: Guillame's Face
GLVS: Dracul's Grasp
ARMR: Fortitude Archon Plate
SHLD: Sancutary or up'd HoZ
BELT: T-Gods
AMMY: Metalgrid or Mara's or Rare with Resists/+3Skills

Still unsure about the shield/ammy/rare ring, please give input on the entire build.

Also, this is my first pally, what % is max block?
Currently lvl 54 (stats are all base except for 50 strength at the moment)

Wanna kill faster with more damage, more deadly strike, higher cb for a similar cost expenditure, and do far better on immunes and around im with higher saftey?
This setup is far better for zeal, makes zeal the better option even over smite for ubers

Building a better zealot , 6-28K 1handed at 4fpa phy damage +78%cb (100%cb/ds on gface)
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6886915dream

WEAP: Death ettin or BA
swap wep: Lacerator , eth if your styling
HELM: Guillame's Face for ubers, Dream the rest of the time
GLVS: Laying of Hands gloves
ARMR: Fortitude Archon Plate or Coh
SHLD: Phnx elite Pally shield
swap: Dream
BELT: Nos Coil
AMMY: Highlords

Keep your skill selection the same, except reduce points in holyshield and max res light instead. Be sure to run a conviction+might merc.

You'll need 56-60 oias with your maxed fanat to yield max speed zeal*(ba). 5fpa is acceptable. With gface every single attack yields crushing blow and deadly strike. With Dream you'll have 2200 max light damage on every speedy attack (pre conviction) to quickly dispatch immunes and because your not using grief, 1 point veng can easily take down those immunes too if you dont break them with your full time at will amp damage. With a min damage of 12K to upwards of 50-60K* per hit at a 4fpa attack, plus a full time redemption, you wont even need to rely on the lifetap crutch.

(yes it's really that good and safe, Ive this char on hardcore who demolishes!)

*100% deadly strike+ amp damage

I have already put some into holy shield, not sure how much approx 10.

Can you give me more specifics? (no "or" this type things)

If I already have that much in holy shield can i still do what your suggesting?

I only want to do ubers with my smiter, will my build work for that?
Pally is already lvl 60 would rather not remake, but it is a possibility.
How much better is ur suggestion, than what I have shown.

I have already put some into holy shield, not sure how much approx 10.

Can you give me more specifics? (no "or" this type things)

If I already have that much in holy shield can i still do what your suggesting?

I only want to do ubers with my smiter, will my build work for that?
Pally is already lvl 60 would rather not remake, but it is a possibility.
How much better is ur suggestion, than what I have shown.

well I can say that the avg damage on a grief LT smiter is typically around 5-8K damage. It attacks at 6fpa max. What makes it shine is the no ar needed.

If your only doing ubers on the pally and nowhere else, I can say that my proposed build does it faster, but perhaps not as easy if you will. I'd probably stay with your setup If the pally wasnt used for general play.

Smite isnt used at all in my suggestion. Your using Zeal full time. Zeal with amp carrying roughly 4X what your damage screen says. The min damage is more then any smiters with the avg being more then 4X what smite does. Even when one factors in Ar and 50% chance of block on ubers, its still quicker. and it's carrying more cb on a faster attack. It's a preference.

However , in general Uber death, Smite> Zeal. It takes a very well made zealer to top the smiter. Judging from your proposed item list you've the means to do either.

Phnx shield for Smite is sucky with the ctc. Zeal isnt interruptable so for this application it's mint. :coffee:

I always say if your going to pour that kinda wealth into a character then make that character well rounded for all areas of the game. "my" zealot does it all with ease, faster then any other melee build in the game. Perhaps the only exception being a Dream Melee/ Bear sorc. The pally being better in ubers and tankier.

For holyshield for non smite based builds, ususally 5-10 points is perfect as it hits the diminishing returns on the block rate, and a little bit of defense really doesnt make much difference at all. Aim for about 35-36% chance of increased block out of Holyshield with +skills.

Alright so my build will be legit for doing Uber trist as well as farming keys? i think thats what i need to do uber trist? im a noob at the ubers as well as pallys if you havent noticed.

My sorc can farm key of terror easy off countess, if thats what i even need. no idea where to get the others

Hate from the Summoner in the Arcane Sanctuary in Act2
Destruction from Nilthalak through the anya/pindle portal in Act5 and down 3 levels

note for doing Nilthalak there is a waypoint on the middle level, if you take the waypoint you lose the red portal, so generally you can run either nilly or pindle (unless you make the game with someone who hasn't taken the waypoint, and then rejoin the game with someone who has).

Or you can trade your spare T keys for D or H, but if you can do Countess then you should easily be able to do the Summoner.

ahh, alright thatll work, countess likes to drop the key alot

The easiest key run is Nith. There are only three maps for the level with the waypoint and when you get down the stairs you just have to run Nith and kill him. It is easier if you have some "number" damage reduction, to deal with the vipers though.
Ideally, join a baal run, scoot down kill nith and then come back up in time to catch the last two waves and Baal. Trade Dkeys for the others or sell them off for runes.

The easiest key run is Nith. There are only three maps for the level with the waypoint and when you get down the stairs you just have to run Nith and kill him. It is easier if you have some "number" damage reduction, to deal with the vipers though.
Ideally, join a baal run, scoot down kill nith and then come back up in time to catch the last two waves and Baal. Trade Dkeys for the others or sell them off for runes.

interger, exactly right :)

one needs about 30-35 iDr to take away the per frame phy damage bugged snakes.
35 damage per frame on those give or take a couple factors, 25 frames in a sec..that's 875 damage lost in the blink of an eye!

barbs with howl do fantastic for nith, and they can done up cheap.

Life of everlasting ammy/circ

iron pelt, gbane. , nat's peace ring. All these are great to have for the frequent D keys runs

op*
First you said you "only " running nith, now your key farming.
Make the rounded pally I suggest and have more fun/options. He's also going to be WAY better in the Furnace of pain. Your cookie is going to struggle there and on pi's.

interger, exactly right :)

one needs about 30-35 iDr to take away the per frame phy damage bugged snakes.
35 damage per frame on those give or take a couple factors, 25 frames in a sec..that's 875 damage lost in the blink of an eye!.

Not sure their physical cloud damage works like that. I had tested it and it carries the damage of their charge attack, it seems, plus the javelin physical part. Also, their main physical part of the cloud is 42-56 damage, not 32. Added with the charge damage thats around 250 to 320 damage per hit, and its not frame-based damage.

He's also going to be WAY better in the Furnace of pain. Your cookie is going to struggle there and on pi's.

Thats a fantastic build. Scratch that ... AWESOME. I had the same without the Dream and merc and he took DClone down in 15 seconds, with Zeal. Also managed to Zeal the Ubers to death but switched some stack resist and life tap wand / Dracs. Damn expensive build though, I had to spend a fortune on life/res charms to take on Mephisto. This was last ladder, too poor now

Not so sure how nice it's be in the Furnace with Iron Maiden on :) Higher physical damage = a definite 1 hit kill. You dont have elemental damage separate from physical in both your main attack and Vengeance.

EDIT: Noticed Lacerator. Is it any fast at killing? I used to use Widowmaker, but thats painfully slow. *YAWN*

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High